LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Doctors Investigated by Medical Boards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doctors Investigated by Medical Boards
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you please PM me if you know of a doctor that has been investigated by a medical board or otherwise disciplined for Lyme treatment?

I am writing a paper for a law class that I hope to publish in a legal journal. It appears my professors will let me write on the longterm abx treatment controvesry and doctors being investigated by medical boards.

Also let me know if you have any connections to a doctor who may be willing to talk or have copies of any information pertaining to the hearings.

These are the doctors I already know had hearings/investigations:

The Dr. B (NY)
Dr V (VA)
Dr J (NC)

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. J in Ct and I know there have been more..At our support group meeting last night someone mentioned some that lost their license or just gave up...lymemomtooo
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you could track them down by emailing state support groups, CALDA, Lymepa.org, LDF, or any other lyme type organization.

An interesting adjunct might be those who just closed shop because of fear, as LMT suggested. But that would be hard to verify, thus not factual? I think something like that happened in Texas recently? There is a posting in Activism from Texans, so maybe they might be a source.

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several of the newspaper articles about Dr J in NC mentioned that there have been around 20 LLMD's who have been investigated. I am pretty sure there were several more in New York.

And I think the doc with the memorial fund was investigated.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNhayley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNhayley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc (not a known LLMD) has "closed up shop" to all lymies, and I think is severely limiting amt of FMS and CFS pts.

He is going thru "retraining" ordered by BC/BS on how to rx certain meds. Apparently he was helping to many people. BC/BS are reviewing him / trying to drop him.

Now, all suspected Lyme is referred out, even though he knows how to dx it and tx it. It is a sorry state fer sure.

I know he has talked w/ a local reporter who quoted him in a recent newspaper story about a guy he brought back to life after a misdx of ALS. However, he asked that his name not be used.

I don't know if this would fit into your criteria, but pm me if you want info.

Well wishes,
Hayley

--------------------
"Data over dogma, Evidence over egos, Patients over politics" -- one smart dude from Missouri

Posts: 112 | From TN USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymies3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymies3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Dr in Michigan who I believe lost his license for treating LD patients prior to 2000. I believe another was restricted or suspended since then, although he was an Infectious Disease doc and not a true LLMD.

I would suggest you contact the Michigan Lyme Disease Assn for information.

--------------------
Toodles,
Sal

Posts: 195 | From Tampa, FL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to send you info but your box was full.

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stella marie:
Tried to send you info but your box was full.

Thanks for letting me know. It's emptied now.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sent you intel

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement