LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » A general reminder on what you post here...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A general reminder on what you post here...
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends,

In a perfect world, we would be able to share our inner most thoughts, feelings, and daily occurrences here without concern.

But, unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that what is written here is available for ANYONE to view...and could be used against you in a negative manner.

PLEASE, think long and hard about what you write and share with us concerning your life, your children, and your health issues.

We have had members harassed, threatened, etc., just from their posts written here. Some have had and are still experiencing very real and harmful consequences that arose from what was written here.

Please take this warning in the manner in which I am intending...
I care too much for each of you to see your words come back to haunt you in the future.

My very best,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know,

I agree with ya Melanie...

I of course have been Ribald and harsh at times when I thought appropriate.

I have also gone a little nutso when I did'nt realize I was under the weather and I appologize for that...

However I am trying to stay within the rules of this board...

Furthermore...I fought a war to protect my rights of freedom of expression...

I became Irate while serving in Nam when kids were killed at Kent(where I had friends and partied there in my teens)...for excercising their right to protest....

My uncle(who was a cop) told me they were all communists...

so what....

I fought in a war that was supposed to be for EVERYONE'S FREE SPEACH...

I WiLL NOT be intimidated or afraid to excercise this rite!

I do understand that their are those who would use some stuff to harm us...but I am still undaunted and unafraid.

What can they do to me...put me on an LPH and send me to Viet Nam?

Been there done that.....

Give me a seemingly incurrable disease...again

I have that...
zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warning Melanie!

I have SFBrains and will likely soon forget this even though the thought horrifies me at the moment. I have no idea what I may have been posting and hope that I have not done anything that could be detrimental to myself/family.

Please if anyone has noticed anything or notices me posting anything that could potentially harmful, even though I don't think I have any such things. Please pm me so I can delete my posts.

Thanks all for help!

[dizzy]

AliG

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, I haven't been ribald in years!

[Wink]

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Uncle Andy is ribald. [Big Grin]
Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...

So my curiosity got the best of me, and I had to actually look up what Ribald meant.

For the rest of us illeterates:
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=ribald

M [Smile]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooo Cave...et tu cavey!?

I know you were just ribbing me!

Aye....there's the rub....

I guess my english lit training was showing.

I honestly don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way!

well maybe....just a couple.... [Big Grin] ....zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...
this is exactly WHY I normally type all of my answers out in a word doc. before copying and pasting. But it didn't catch that...hmmm

Yes...I also admit I am [sic] "sick" [Smile]

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=illiterate

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hey there cave...

I'm strickly heteroMARRIED...so no rubbing anyone but dear sweety Of eleven years next month...

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Melanie don't feel like a gamin....

we all maik thoze spellink airers........zman

[ 26. September 2006, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: lymie tony z ]

--------------------

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stricktly?

Was that one on purpose?

[Wink]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymies3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymies3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymie tony z:
Ya know,

What can they do to me...put me on an LPH and send me to Viet Nam?

Been there done that.....

zman

Ummm...they could bend your dogtags and take away your birthday? Ha!

--------------------
Toodles,
Sal

Posts: 195 | From Tampa, FL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Yep aliG it was one of my more ambiquitous words...

Don't look that one up either...I made it up in High School....

Strickly...as in strictly sick....

Anyway...nice catch....

Lymes3.....Huh?

I gave one son one dog tag and the other will get the other one when I die...they're made out of titanium...hard as heck to wreck...

And they can HAVE my birthday!!!

I don't want anymore anyway....LOL

zman

--------------------

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Back up...
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to fear or not to fear. that is the question.

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel another interjection of caution is warranted.

My best,
Melanie

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Melanie,

Thank you for the gentle reminder that what we say and do here is viewable by many, many others.

Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
caveeey,
did you let tony back on here??????????
you were just sayinig the other day
how nice and quite it was around here!!!!!!

well you should of kept quite, now HE'S BACK.

i think i'll take a month vacation!!!!!!

hey tony i think i'm glad your back,
now behave yourself.

docdave [puke]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that post is nine months old, isn't it?

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mel,

Please give me a heads up if you see something I post that concerns you. My brain is out to lunch most of the time without me.

Thanks,
KAM

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto... what Kam said!

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may not just hurt the person who posted, it could also hurt others, including doctors who treat lyme. Please be careful about what you post.

Bad people definitely read this forum to collect information. We know this because they have quoted lymenet posts in newspaper articles!

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very new here. WHo is harrassing people? Who would want to harrass a bunch of very sick people. Could someone fill me in please.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by merrygirl:
I am very new here. WHo is harrassing people? Who would want to harrass a bunch of very sick people. Could someone fill me in please.

There are people who ridicule sick people. It's sort of like the kids who act retarded and make fun of retarded kids, except these people are adults.

It's a way these people receive empowerment. It's like those who are angry, go home and kick their dogs. A true strong person usually doesn't need this and will try to 'bring people up', instead of tearing them down.
I had someone one time say there joints ached until they started excercising, and they equated their joint pain with someone who has Fibromalgia. I've heard people say 'they get tired too' and equated themselves with a person who has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
This mentality is the same as telling a person with Muscular Dystrophy "Come on buddy, get out of the wheelchair, my muscles ache too sometimes"(sarcasm).
It's just ignorance. Don't worry about them. You'll get better and move on with life. Once I get better, I'm going to pull a Lance Armstrong and those naysayers can eat sh-t.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to say, merrygirl, there are people who like to make trouble just to watch the chaos they can cause (called trolls on the Internet). There are also vindictive ex-spouses out there. There are people who prey on children, and scam artists who want to sell snake oil to desperate patients.

And there are a few scientists, lawyers, reporters, and insurance types who would love to gather negative information to use against our doctors and us.

Sad, isn't it?

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,
I think that is why my fmaily is ultimately been refused help when others get help ..
Since I am so blatant with my regard to how this illness came to light..

my strong stance in where it originated...
my strong stance in who places the control on help in getting well..

my family is struggling with life due to the fact that we all have this.. and we are all being refused treatment and care.. from local to state to federal levels..

I will continue to make waves since I feel somewhere along the line in some strange way somehow ownership will take place..

not in the manner in whihc we think it should .. but it will come to light, some day, if there is enough motion in the ocean so to speak..

We have lost everything they can take only our lives away from us now.. I have lost my father and my husband to this.. chances are there will be more causalties along the way before this gets where it needs to be.. BUT IMHO THIS IS WAR!

and in war lives are lost...

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

I do not want to point a finger at anyone or anyplace in particular...

But...

Please be cautious also about what information you choose to share on other "unknown" websites which claim they were designed to help the patient.

I am sure that most are perfectly safe and honest with their claims...

Just know, that there have been problems in the past with patient information being used for purposes other than what the intentions of the sites stated.

My best,
Melanie

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

up again [Smile]
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time for a reminder...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stupid me, must be the flagyl and levaquin...

but did i miss something? was it something i said??? or did??

huh????

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Melanie,

Tincup directed me to your thread.

I'm so grateful she did!

It really opened my eyes, as to what others can do to harm us!

I guess, since I consider myself a nice person, thus would never act in that manner, it's hard for me to imagine there are people out there who are!

Most here probably know, by now, I'm going through one of the hardest and darkest times of my life, due to my divorce.

If any of you feel there is anything I have posted here, which I should remove, due to it being detrimental to my situation, then please let me know, so I can remove it, as soon as possible.

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Hi Jennie,

I'm so sorry about your situation. I would suggest that if you have ANY second thoughts about anything you have posted...

it would be best to remove it now before it is too late.

You can always copy off your replies from others, and ask for new replies to be sent to you back-channel.

I have not read all of your posts, so I could not judge as to what might be an issue, but if TC sent you here, that is a pretty good indication of a potential problem.

I would trust her judgment.

My best,
Melanie

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was surprised when i found out people don't even have to know lymenet exists to see what we write here

all they have to do is google your name or anything else we write here and it just comes right up

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement