LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Bring Back Zman.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bring Back Zman.
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright.

So sue me.

I kinda miss ole Lymie TonyZ.

I dunno where he went, but it's mighty odd he hasn't been around for nearly a week.

Perhaps herxing or other difficulties have made him more snappish lately, I don't know. I do know I have days where I feel like I'm walking around with a little stick on my shoulder and everyone seems determined to push it off. Sometimes it takes a little while to realize it's me, not them.

What I do know is he has spent a lot of time trying to help others.

I also know that when he was crabbier than usual recently, he stepped up and apologized and owned it...something that took a lot of courage.

I personally don't have the grudge-bearing gene and don't feel it contributes much to getting better.

I know the moderators have a tough call to make sometimes. And I don't doubt ZMan's crusty delivery could generate some complaints. However, in view of his long posting history and his many contributions here, I sure hope his absence will be a short one.

Besides, the LymeNuts CD is slipping off the front page without him. [Frown]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle,

Couldn't have said it better.
I've been wondering also where he is. Where's Zman?
Hope he's feeling okay.

Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth I liked the bugger. I like to debate, for through it we get to what is and is not the truth.
Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Daisy*
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Daisy*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He emailed me and said he had been banned. He misses you guys, well, some of the people here.

--------------------
Daisy

Posts: 122 | From at the computer | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed any drama re: zman. We all have bad days. I tried to see his last few posts and didn't see anything unusual in discussions. [confused]

I really like the guy, he is straight forward, knowledgeable and helped me a lot.

I'm sad to see that he is banned. [Frown]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss him too.
 -

If they allow him back, I hope he'll SOB on crabby days.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That stinks!
I've been wondering where he was too.
I sure hope they'll reconsider.

He may have a sarcastic sense of humor, which could be more than some of the Lyme sensitive could tolerate, but I'm used to that because my husband is a sarcastic SOB.

I really don't think he usually meant to be hurtful, I think he was just misunderstood. [Frown]

He really did make me laugh when he wasn't stuck in the middle of a brawl (sometimes then too).

I got a brief glimpse of him tangled up in something and I meant to remind him of the full moon Lyme PMS/hypersensitivity theory [Eek!] . The poor guy kept getting caught up in that. [Roll Eyes]

I guess he forgot that he needs to be extra careful around that time.

Just one more thing for me to be sad about. [shake]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what the heck is up with lymenet moderators lately? is this a democratic board, or not???

(okay, i really hope this comment doesn't get ME banned, but honestly, i'm really angry.)

i don't agree with tony on many things (for instance, from what i can gather we're at opposite ends of the political spectrum, plus i wholeheartedly believe in natural/alternative remedies (they sent me into remission), whereas he is hugely skeptical), but i don't think he did ANYTHING ban-worthy. in fact, he even owned up and apologized when he went too far (as someone noted above).

the thread in offtopic in which i posted my political beliefs before the election got deleted; whereas, if i scroll down offtopic right now, i can show you a huge number of conservative, (what i consider to be) bigoted threads that are still there, doing just fine, sitting pretty.

CENSORSHIP IN ANY FORM IS NOT OKAY.

~heather

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must have really missed something...
but thats nothing new [shake]

I didnt see anything worth kicking him off the board for.

Maybe the moderators will settle for a "time out" instead of a permant banning [bonk]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AZURE WISH:
I must have really missed something...
but thats nothing new [shake]

I didnt see anything worth kicking him off the board for.

Maybe the moderators will settle for a "time out" instead of a permant banning [bonk]

quote:

Ditto!

LOL! I don't even have lyme, (lyme mom) and I could use a time out sometimes! Especially b/c of the slightly sharp email I sent my child's guidance counselor that I wish I could get back!

I think we ALL could use more [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] Consider yourself hugged!

MommaK

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou B, I hope you will reinstate Tony Z SOON! I've been so busy sending newbie links/ LLMD names, and trying to answer and read some for my benefit; I missed seeing Tony's replies!

Tony although I was super busy, I did miss you. You recently stood up for me and it was one of your grumpy days where everyone that posted after you gave you heck galore that post.

Tony merely stated breaking up the 2-4 full screen post into paragraphs for easier reading for us neuro lymies who can NOT read SOLID BLOCKS OF TEXT.

Yes, Tony has helped a lot of folks and given useful links of info.

Tony, you rubbed off on me, and I got to know the inside better than the grumpy old men, Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau! Come on BACK SOON OK!
[group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KENNEDY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been on lymenet very long only since July, but I believe no one cared more about watching over and protecting lymenet than Tony.

Maybe sometimes he did go off pretty harsh on some. Thank goodness it wasn't me............. yet.

But my point is that even if he did and I didn't want to deal with him anymore, I wouldn't.

How hard is to not read what he wrote.

JUST DON'T READ IT, PERIOD

I vote to bring Tony back. I find him very entertaining and everything else that's already been said by people that have known him alot longer than I have.

Posts: 158 | From PA. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
am36
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for am36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto
when I came on a couple of months ago, he was there right away for me. I'm very grateful.

Posts: 169 | From former Philadelphian | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
I got to know the inside better than the grumpy old men, Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau! Come on BACK SOON OK!
[group hug] [kiss]

Excellent analogy, Betty!!!

Uh, Tony, I meant the grumpy part, not necessarily the old part. [Big Grin]

Up!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happygirl
Member # 10318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to agree with everyone ! And debate is always good. Bring him back !!
Posts: 21 | From Ireland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony is a dear friend and is sad he has been deleted. Along with being a delightful, huge bear of a guy, he is brilliant, a Vietnam vet, and very knowledgeable about Lyme after suffering with it for many years.

He was part of our area support group and I really miss him since he moved to Florida.

I miss him here and think there is a huge hole here without him.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann- tell him Carol B sends him a kiss. [kiss]
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's been deleted? Oh...he cracked me up. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Underneath that crusty sometomes grumpy exterior there seems to be a big and good heart.

He adds much here, information and humor.

When will he be back?

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well - I can't remember specific encounters with Tony Z because my brain is spirochete-fried.

Perhaps if those who are easily offended - if they too were to direct offensive remarks to the spirochete-fried part of their brain where they simply can not recall offensive matters -- the world, or Lymenet at least, would be a happier place.

Take a deep breathe, and choose to forget! That's my new philosophy. After all, there are SOME blessings to having serious Lymebrain, you know!

All I can say is - if people are getting kicked off & banned for being offensive & sarcastic -- my days here are numbered!

Bring back the Z-man!

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what happened? He must have REALLY lost it to get himself banned, I would think.

I wonder if it was a Lyme-rage or something. There was a full moon and I know tempers were flaring on the board.

Did anyone jump in and try to calm things down?
Wish I'd been there for him. Poor guy.

I'm sure poor whoever else too. [Frown]

It's always so sad to see things come to this. Especially when it's someone with a good heart.

[shake]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DR. Wiseass:

All I can say is - if people are getting kicked off & banned for being offensive & sarcastic -- my days here are numbered!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all,

Tonight I sent an email to LOU B asking him to make tincup's 50 state info in activism a FEATURE again so we can use it to email all our STATE sen/reps and our federal sen/reps since those who completed them 25-30 states spent 2 plus hrs. doing this.

Also, asked Lou to reinstate Tony again.
I was NOT flippant, but I used some PMs Lou B has sent me where he was very nasty/troll alerts! I told him I didn't ban him for his rage in the emails. Told him we all have our off days including him, and to reconsider giving good-hearted Tony another chance. So gang, I've tried.

Have each of you sent Lou B a PM asking him as well! Then you know he reads them vs. the random reading they do here as time permits.
My 2 cents worth.

Ann, greet Tony for me and include the above in your email to him ok! [group hug] [kiss]

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up! [Cool]
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also miss TonyZ, his posts and comments. He does have a knack for bringing my "excitement" for a particular "cure" back to reasonable reality.

I am amazedc how much I've feel lymenetters are friends, and truly miss reading a person's posts.
Whether one is venting, in sorrow, excited, herxing, anxious, or just dumbfounded you have become a part of my life, and I think of you all often throughout my day.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez,

What is this, a popularity contest?

I re-instated Zman's posting ability late last night (Thur 11/9).
He had earned himself a week in the "penalty box".

Well, he's back. I sent him an email and he responded
but it looks like he hasn't posted yet.

He's just a little rough around the edges (exactly
like ME in so many ways!) but, like him or not, I
can't overlook clear violations of the LymeNet Flash
terms of service (rules).

BTW - This Topic or the PM's I received had no bearing
on my decisions. This is neither a democracy or a
popularity contest. Any user who repeatedly breaks
the rules will be blocked ... we must be impartial,
fair and firm.

~ heather ... There's nothing "up with the moderators lately".
Oh, and we don't censor. There are times when we
delete a Topic or post because of a violation of
the LymeNet Flash rules ... and the author sometimes
claims "censorship", but that is not the case.
We do not take removing Topics or posts lightly.
We do not take blocking a users posting ability lightly.
As far as your post in OT containing your political beliefs,
I can't find it either ... and that will remain another
anomaly that defies our ability to determine a cause.

Now, let's get back to helping the victims of Lyme
and other TBD's ... OK?

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Yay Lou! Thanks for the good news!

Tony you'd better behave yourself! Just look at the state you left us all in! [Wink]

All abandoned & dejected without you to make us laugh.

Glad you're back. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobweb
Unregistered

Lou B-here's one for you,too. [kiss]

Carol B

Carol B
Unregistered

Yoo Hoo Where are you?
Zman I can't see you...
Come out from under that rug,
And give us all a big bad bear hug.

Cobweb

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, Lou! Welcome back Tony!

Carol B; I just LOVE your witty poems; you should write a poem book; you'd sell out this LYME crowd easily! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

I think Z's P----- Off!!!
KENNEDY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9628

Hey everybody. Gonna make this quick because I'm sleepy, but I was on Sat. night chat room and someone said they saw that Tony aka Zman, posted on off topic and yep it's true.
thought Zman supporters would want to know.
night

theviewfromthecurb
Member # 10310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theviewfromthecurb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tony-
i wondered where you went...
i really like you just the way you are!
I am sure you can think up a song for that!!!
anyway, so glad you are back because you made me feel better so many times, even when i didn't agree. [Wink]
talk soon [Big Grin]

--------------------
well i know a disease that these doctors can't treat,
you contract on the day
you accept all you see...

Posts: 97 | From nor cal | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless its a troll {report it} then you should scroll on by or D.E.B. dont even bother

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now what about PJ. I feel awful about her being banned from a place where she should have gotten support. She had it so hard and we turned on her. She certainly couldn't have been crabbier than Tony!
Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement