LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Be READY to GO- Thursday, NOVEMBER 30

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Be READY to GO- Thursday, NOVEMBER 30
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call to Action Alert

K.I.S.S.- The 'Keep It Simple Stupid' Version
``````````````````````````````````````````````

1. Save the date, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30. We are going on a trip. It is YOUR chance to be heard. Details to follow.

2. Petition, petition, petition- we need 50,000 signatures

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/referral/Petitions/Petition.php?id=1

3. Contact (phone/email) all of your current FEDERAL legislators by November 15 at their Washington, DC office only. Tell them about BAD guidelines and how they hurt you.

To find YOUR Congress person:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please use the 25-30 states we completed this summer for TC! Many hours were spent on this project for the LDA!! thanks [group hug] [kiss]

Meg, do you have the A-W alphabetized list of states done so we can add to TC's posts in the forums she posted? thanks!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000454

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC darlin' -

Now even though it feels like I just unpacked my suitcase from the LDA/ILADS Conference --

I'm pulling out that sucker again, getting geared up for "the trip".

I KNOW you can't wait to see me again..so soon!

Are you ready to sleep with me yet? Looking for a roomate!

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know... the ONLY reason I involve myself in these Lyme events is the thrill I get out of the lovely invitations sent my way.

They are just so irresistible.

[Big Grin]

Although I, ONCE AGAIN, appreciate your kind invitation to sleep with you..

And trust me.. when I was just a tiny grasshopper my grandma taught me to write lovely notes to folks for a variety of reasons... but we never addressed this type of situation... so I am on my own at this point....

I regret to say I will have to RSVP in the negatory... Big Ben.

But I do appreciate the offer. I don't believe I've had such a heart felt invitation since.. well.. since... since...

The last time YOU asked you crazy fool!

[Big Grin]

Actually we are getting a bus.. several of them hopefully.. so we won't be hanging out as long as we did at the conference.

Now.. my question is.. who ya gonna hit on next?

HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is organizing the trip?

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC - you wanna field the 'who is organizing' question. I'm sleepy & confused.

I'm also so saddened by the fact you still refuse to sleep with me.

And what do you mean we won't be seeing much of each other because of getting busses? We ain't going in different directions are we?

Don't you want to sit by me on the bus? We could sing songs & play little games...AND I could corn-roll your hair so you would look extra pretty - in case someone might be there to take your picture! I could also put lots and lots of brightly colored makeup on you. I guarantee you if you let me - I'd get you looking so....well, you'd be looking like you were just BEGGING to get in a picture or two!

Since TC won't bunk with me....who else wants to be interviewed for the position?

I'm a fun roommate - unless I have a bout of IBS, at which point all bets are off.

Again -- who wants to be considered as a potential roomate for me? FUN, FUN, FUN!

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey WiseButt!

I'd take you up on your offer if I was able to get up there from TN. No one has ever promised to put my hair in corn rows....gosh I bet I would look better than what's her name in the movie "TEN."

Now you might have trouble with my snoring since I haven't gotten my C-PAP machine yet. I didn't believe that I ever snored but video ain't lying!

I am a good cuddle-bunny though. I am sure you smell much nicer than my teacup poodle too. She's lost most of her teeth and drools a lot but she's an old lady so I don't really mind.

And you do makeup TOO! I finally let that go just this year. It already takes a couple of hours from shower to clothes nowadays.

I would just love to sing on the bus! Takes me back to girl scout days. Every heard the "Little Skunk" song? "Well, I stuck my head in a little skunks hole and the little skunk said, well bless my soul, take it OUT, take it OUT, remove it. Well, I didn't take it out and the little skunk said if you don't take it out you'll wish you were dead, take it OUT, take it OUT..........."

and then there is the watermelon song...
"Just plant a watermelon vine upon my grave and let the juice run through; just plant a watermelon vine upon my grave, that's all I ask of you. Now possum and chicken both taste mighty fine, but there's nothing any finer than a watermelon vine........

so just plant a watermelon vine upon my grave and let the juice (slurp) run through!"

Maybe it's a Southern thing. I've never actually eaten possum anyway.

Sorry I won't be carousing with all of you. I would probably have to be restrained at the trial anyway if anyone said something mean about good 'ole Dr. J!

Hey, what about this? Eat something that aggravates your IBS and try to sit near the opposing side!

Your own little hillbilly,
Janet [Big Grin]

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer Ann.. Who is organizing the trip?

I think 'getting there' (the trip) will be left to the individuals.. local support groups.. etc.

The goal is to get everyone to one spot on Nov. 30, 2006. It is for the entire Lyme community.

If I am right.. more details will be shared in the next couple of days or so.

From what I understand... the request above is just a "head's up" till more details are worked out and finalized.

I am hoping to get a bus to go from this area because I can't drive well.. and thought others might feel the same. And ONE more train trip will probably do me in at this point.

Hope that helps answer the question. But do watch for more details.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Up for more Lymenetters to SAVE THE DATE!

Don't forget...I'll be glad to corn roll yur hair fer FREE if you want to look glamorus fer this BIG event!

It'll be BIG! You'll want to look yur best!

Yee Haw.

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
 -

lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here is long awaited scoop on this action:

www.lymenews.org

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the Link Lou [Smile]

Hope there is a huge turn out!

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure there are people who would fly there to participate in the protest. I hope they have time to get a good rate on a flight.

Where is the best airport for getting to Westchester? My first thought is Newark, but is there anything closer?

How come this wasn't announced earlier?

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walter Mitty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder if this is why I have been having such a hard time these past few days logging on and posting on Lymenet.

Seems like when ever there is something in the works-Lymenet has a hard time being available for the dissemination of information!

Think some ducks are feeling threatened?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Islip is the nearest, but I could be wrong.

I'm going to check with my son and DIL about staying with them in the city so I can go. I need to be home by Friday evening, though.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kennedy, or Laguadia are closest.

I think I can make this party!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stewart Airport in Newburgh is very close (just over the river) only a few airlines fly into it, though.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Stewart was for private pilots, and corporate jets.

True, is it like MacArthur now?

[ 16. November 2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: MagicAcorn ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
I may make it up to NYC during this time, and not only would be there for a good cause I could get some makeup and my hair done.

Is there a shuttle bus leaving from NYC?
Thanks

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MagicAcorn:
I thought Stewart was for private pilots, and corporate jets.

True, is it like MacArthur now?

Dunno about MacArthur but...
http://www.swfny.com/

They started flying commercial flights out of there in the mid 90's at some point. A one terminal, walk out onto the tarmac thing. I don't know how it is now.

I lived there, then, and it was worth the extra $50 not to have to schlepp to Newark. Especially since my house was 3 miles away.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there! I will be square! I've missed you people! I haven't been on here much in awhile, but I will be now.

This is a huge event!

I posted on other threads mentioning this, saying I'll be the crazy lady on the bus yelling, "Who here is from LymeNet?" I want to put faces with names finally. Solidarity!

Of course, by bus, I meant shuttle. Silly me. I didn't think everyone would have heard about this. I was thinking it was just gonna be a local thing. I'm thrilled that it's not!

(I got the flyers at my LLMD's office in Upstate.)

Starry Steph

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Wise One: I won't be staying overnight, but I would have gladly slept with you. (I'm easy that way. [Wink] )

Seriously, it would be so fun to bunk with you fine people! [group hug]

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was it so late in being announced?

Just to annoy people.

NAH.. not really.

Seems some folks in Westchester had a problem wanting to issue the permit we needed.

After a month long.. or more (?) battle.. and people going there to sit on their heads... it was FINALLY granted.

Wanted to be sure no one violates any laws.. so they had to wait to be sure before announcing it.

Timing pretty much stinks with cold weather and holidays.. etc. but I do believe we have been through worse.

And... we are on a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 punch roll and waiting till spring would not have been wise in that regard.

[Big Grin]

PETITION HAS HIT 15,000!

Keep up the good work!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We wanted you to know that the West Coast folks support you and would love to be there. It's disappointing that things didn't fall into place for us to get reasonable airfares.

Let us know how everything was, and hopefully, there will be pictures to share.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

If you appreciate the work that folks have been doing behind the scenes...

Please let them know.

They have made more progress in the past 6 months than I've seen in the past 20 years.

Click here...

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=049415

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

It just occured to me...

Why don't folks out west do a protest too? After this one is done.. go for it! At least one IDSA duck on the guidelines is in Minnesota.

And hey in CA... I KNOW you have some IDSA ducks out there quacking up a storm.. guidelines or not!

[Big Grin]

On second thought.. when we get done with our ducks here.. they seem to like the east coast ... anyhow.... they may end up out there?

Where is the border patrol when you need them?

[Big Grin]

HA!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement