LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hello? We got nearly 5200! - Let's go for 10,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello? We got nearly 5200! - Let's go for 10,
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't figure out why people stopped signing this petition when the LDA petition was begun.

This is a totally different matter. Signing the LDA petition is great, but you need to sign this one too.

This one goes to your US Congress, people! It is our last chance to get them to pass bills that were worked on by so many good people and were co-sponsored by a goodly number of the Representatives and Senators. Your voice counts!

The petition to the US Congress written by Lynne and found at www.petitiononline.com/lyme/ needs less than 22 more people signing to reach 6000 signatures next!

That would be a great, positive number to show congress how many of us are effected and know they could help.

Go to www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

Read this wonderful appeal to Congress to pass the two companion Lyme bills now in committee.
Sign it and enter a comment about your concerns.

Then:
Click on "Send this to a friend" and get the word out there.

Thanks,
Ann - OH
P.S. this is not the LDA petition at www.lymediseaseassociation.org which is for an entirely different purpose. You should sign that one too.

[ 05. December 2006, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil M Martin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2357

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Neil M Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
signed it already #690

--------------------
Neil

Posts: 697 | From Tucson, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it, Neil! Now can you get some others to sign - family, friends, colleagues???

We have had a little bump and a few more good people from PA, WI, CT and IN have joined the signers from TX, WA, NM, AZ and IA to make the total now 4764!

(which if you add the 11 Ohioans who squeezed on to two numbers along with their relative makes it 4775!)
That is so great!

Make your voice count!

Ann- OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Thanks, Cactus, Tony, Tdtid, and Monkeyshines - all great ideas and great comments.

And thanks to Betty! Great as always!

Looking at the last 50 signees, NJ led with 14 new people, followed by GA - 6 and MD - 5.

There were people from at least 14 different states including MN, CA, NH, WA, NC, PA, FL, VA, NY, TX and IL! Isn't that just amazing???

Please sign and check out my sample letters on another thread. You can cut and paste, add your own state's signer comments and e-mail or send by regular mail to your congress people.

How to do that is included too.

We do need to do this now!

Read this wonderful appeal to Congress to pass the two companion Lyme bills now in committee.
Sign it and enter a comment about your concerns.

Then:
Click on "Send this to a friend" and get the word out there.

Thanks,
Ann - OH
P.S. this is not the LDA petition at www.lymediseaseassociation.org which is for an entirely different purpose. You should sign that one too.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

RJPII
Member # 5876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJPII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello - Just signed - thank you for waking me up to it.
Posts: 77 | From Morris County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Yippee! and thanks,RJPII!

Now if you will check out http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u

You will be able to send the petition to Your senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends. It is all worked out for you and is very, very easy to do.

Go for it!
Ann - OH

[ 29. November 2006, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

WOW! Betty has entered all the signatures and more that she promised from Iowa. I think there are 40 in all! Just amazing and so appreciated!

Let's hear it for Betty!!!!

Now only 22 more signatures are needed to reach 5000 signers to the petition to Congress asking that they pass the two Lyme bills.

We should continue to sign the petition as it will be useful with all the signatures we can gather.

If the bills are not passed this session, that petition still will carry lots of weight to support the Lyme bills that will be presented to the next session of congress.

If you haven't already signed, please do.

Go to www.petitiononline.com/lyme/ to sign.

You will be able to send the petition to Your senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

Ann - OH

[ 29. November 2006, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Ann-OH ]

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
19 left !! Thanks Ann; I entered 41 and almost 50. [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

WE NEED TO SEND THE PETITION TO CONGRESS NOW!.

I have everything you need to do that on the "tinyurl" below.

Now if you will check out

http://tinyurl.com/yhgc2o

You will be able to send the petition to Your senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

SEVEN LEFT and duplicates need to be deleted including ONE by me! uffda!
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Down to 2 more needed to reach 5000!

(of course if you count my 11 ohioans who were packed on to two other people's number, we have already passed 5000!)

They take care of duplicates on this petition site. The final numbers will be accurate and exact.

Don't stop signing just because our 5000 goal was reached - all the signatures possible are needed as this petition can be used next year as well.

WE NEED TO SEND THE PETITION TO CONGRESS NOW!!!

I have everything you need to do that on the "tinyurl" below.

You will be able to send the petition to Y0UR senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

CELEBRATION TIME!! [Big Grin] [bow]

5 0 0 7 and I think Ann was holding onto some more OHIO names as I saw plenty there since last time I visited early AM!!

more, more, more the merrier! I'll be picking up ALL my copies around town on Nov. 30 while you all are at the LYME RALLY!

KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ann,

My signature is on there. However, I did add my sister and husband on it.

I can't believe more aren't signing.

Come on everyone, please sign.

thanks,
karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Thanks Karen! I hope people will take your good advice!

YIPPEE! I changed the letter to Congress to read "more than 5000" when referring to the number of people who signed Lynne's wonderful Petition. She should be so proud today!

Betty wrote:
"5 0 0 7 and I think Ann was holding onto some more OHIO names as I saw plenty there since last time I visited early AM!!"

Nope, Betty,

I did not collect people's names and hold them. I sent another message to the 160 people on my LD E-list and some more of them came through.

So I can't take personal credit for the 5000th
signer of the petition being from Ohio,

but was so happy to see his name and those of the people from AZ, OR, CA, WI, RI, NJ, CT, FL, MI, MO, MA, VA, DC, NY, IL, MD, NC,

and even Canada!

who were among the last 30 signers of the 5030 who have now signed .

Let's go for 6000! Everybody needs to have their say!

You can sign at: www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

Then, if you go here:
http://tinyurl.com/yhgtre

You can get a cover letter and a copy of the petition and directions (very easy!) to e-mail or mail to your congress person ask them to vote for the two bills the petition supports.

The more people they hear from, the more likely they are to take action.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

UP

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

LDA PETITION IS NOW 1 7 , 4 9 0 !

I just entered 41 names onto LDA's petition that took 50 minutes only! Amazed me...

Pat Smith shared this tip with me since I sent her an email about entering VOLUME nos. 11-30.

TIP: COPY YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL and paste it into EACH entry you type folks' names/address, etc. on ... really SAVED ME LOTS OF TIME! [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

5 0 5 2
bettyg
Unregistered

5 0 7 9

tomorrow I will type in the 47 names I was able to get today from my former work place! Disappointed; 1,000 work there, and out of 5 offices getting copies of petition/sheet to sign, only got 9 fignatures PRIOR to my going door to door of former friends/co-workers!

2 didn't even post them anywhere after 1 week!

3 other businesses got none or LOST what I left them! This took me 4 long, hard hours on this body where I have to use a cain for my worn out hip. [cussing]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

UP!
FYI there are 5090 signers to the petition now!

Sending it to your congress people is so easy. If you go to this website,

and follow the instructions at the top of this thread, the site finds your own congress people and when you enter your message sends it to Both your Senators and your Representative all at once!

It is magic!

Betty, don't over-do! Just do a few today and some tomorrow etc. You have been incredible!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

5 0 9 8, 2 more to 5100 and I will start entering about 50 Sat. if not tomorrow!

Ann, yes, I worked hard, but all that walking on my worn out hip took its toll on me for sure!

I did learn something else, the SENIOR CITIZENS CENTERS do NOT allow SOLICITORS, and our LYME PETITION was considered that, so got NO signatures since someone lost it anyway!

This afternoon, I go for my weekly visit to NURSING HOME, and I know I can get signatures there as the ADMINISTRATOR APPROVED THIS IN PERSON to me! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

5105 signers to date!

People from TN, MI, TX, CA, NY, MO, KY, MD were in the last 15 who stood up and had their say!

You can too! Go to www.petitiononline.com/lyme/
and sign on. Take a minute to read some of the comments of people who have signed. They are all so on the money and some are really wrenching.

You will be able to send the petition to YOUR senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

Try it, you will like it, and you will feel so good!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

5 1 0 7

I got 15 more signatures at nursing home today, so I have a total of 62 MORE numbers to add this weekend on BOTH petitions!

bettyg
Unregistered

I can't find the LDA petition after searing 3 full screens, so posting this here....

1 8 , 4 1 4 UP TO NOW!

I just entered 62 names on LDA petition; tomorrow I'll add them to Lynne's also! [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

5 1 1 2
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Wow, Betty really collected Iowans! The total number of petition signers is at 5141 now! Well Done, Betty!

CONGRESS WILL BE BACK IN SESSION TOMORROW SO
WE NEED TO SEND THE PETITION TO CONGRESS NOW!!!
(I AM shouting!)

I have everything you need to do that at

You will be able to send the petition to Y0UR senators and your own representative in the US Congress to urge them to pass the bills now before this session ends.

It is so easy and really worth doing. You will feel great!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

5 1 4 3 now

I have 40+ more to enter tomorrow; system was giving me problems and it was taking 3-4 times longer PER entry so I gave up!

Once I have all IOWANS entered, I'll send my letters to congress tomorrow Ann.

Thanks for alerting us to CONGRESS RECONVENES TOMORROW! Thanks for ALL the work you did getting this together making it user-friendly for all. [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

5 1 8 1

I just finished entering around another 40 names; done to date, BUT, I plan on getting many more for both petitions.

Ann, now I plan to email my IOWA senators and 1 rep! [Big Grin] :bow

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The number of signers now stands at- TADA -
5185! That is amazing.

Besides all the wonderful people of IOWA, people from NY, KY, MA, FL, CA, NH, CO, MO, MD, and TN have signed recently.

CONGRESS IS NOW IN SESSION SO WE NEED TO SEND THE PETITION TO CONGRESS NOW!!!

DON'T WAIT!

I have everything you need at

Now go to straight to

It is so easy and really worth doing. You will feel great!

Betty, you are a gem! We all owe you a lot for your work in getting all those people signed on the the petition!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ann-OH:

The number of signers now stands at- TADA -
5185! That is amazing.

Betty, you are a gem! We all owe you a lot for your work in getting all those people signed on the the petition! Ann - OH

Hi Ann! GOLLY, thanks for the nice compliment Ann! I have reasonable rates! lol [Big Grin] It has been a lot of work.

LDA was more timeconsuming than Lynne's petition above since it required street addresses and complete zip codes too.

I will be sending my PAPER copies of name to Pat Smith, at LDA HQ.

Ann, I made a couple changes to your letter: it's 50 states; was a typo before where it should have been 49, but Melanie Reber stated it's ALL 50 states.

Also, I changed it to 5200 names since we are so close and I AM NOT GIVING UP YET!

I just sent an email to a CEO asking if I can have our lyme petition at tables for 400 people TOMORROW for a Christmas party luncheon.

I do NOT know if she will approve or not but I included Lynne's petition and also a copy of the IDSA new guidelines since I'm entering names on BOTH petitions.

I'll let you know more when I hear hopefully today as I need time to go to copier and do this!

Ann, YOU made this so easy for us all. Thank you for all your hard work and dialy reminders to get off our butts and take 5-10 minutes to do these letters! [group hug] [kiss]

I wasn't sure about the paper copy, thinking they would deliver it according to an earlier screen.

So I ended up doing it twice: paper copy that went NO WHERE, and by EMAIL where it showed my 3 Iowa congressmen plus Pres. Bush!
[Big Grin]

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

To clear the air.
There is NO competition between the two petitions here on Lymenet. YOU SHOULD SIGN THEM BOTH.

There is no competiton between the LDA petition PROTESTING THE ROTTEN IDSA GUIDELINES
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/referral/Petitions/Petition.php?id=1

and Lynne's Petition to Congress to ASK THEM TO PASS THE TWO BILLS ON lYME RESEARCH AND EDUCATION.
http://www.petitiononline.com/lyme/

You should CALL your congress person TODAY and ask them to sign on to the MEMBER LETTER that was sent to them by Congressman Christopher Smith (who submitted the Lyme Bill to Congress!). It is very important!
See the message from PAT SMITH, head of LDA at

http://tinyurl.com/ybuahj

You should E-MAIL your congress people to ask them to pass the two bills now before them. These bills provide for Lyme disease education and research and have been before Congress since June, 2005. The bills will die if they are not passed this year.

Go to http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u
to see a cover letter and a copy of Lynne's petition (which was started in August) you can send easily by following the instructions there.

BTW - if you go to this site and put your zip code in the Search box, you will get your congress people and their phone #'s AND their e-mail addresses very quickly.

So read Pat's message and CALL your congress person IMMEDIATELY TODAY. Then act on the other issues in her message.

Read Lynne's petition, sign it and E-MAIL the cover letter and petition to your congress people today.

Hope that clears things up.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

See, it is really easy. You are planting a seed in the Senator's and Representative's brain to pay attention to anything that comes before them having to do with Lyme disease.

Your congresspeople could have decided to sign the Members' Letter from Rep. Smith after getting your message about the Bills.

And for people who called about the Members' Letter and brought Lyme to attention, maybe those
calls inspired Congresspeople to ask about the Bills, check on them, vote for them.

That is what advocacy is all about! Go for it!

Copy the cover letter and the petition and e-mail them to your congress people. Everything you need is at http://tinyurl.com/y8wu3u

It feels so good to have your say!

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Please sign the petition and send the letter and petition to your congress people, even though this congress has ended.

Since they extended the decision to authorize the appropriations bill, I am not sure that the bills are dead. I will let you know when I find out anything different.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

bettyg
Unregistered

5 2 0 5; making slow progress again.

i'm glad the ceo declined my request to get 330 more signatures at our xmas social last week since i have lost the use of my left hand due to all the repetitious hand strokes of the 140 names totaled in 2 petitions. uffda! [Frown]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement