LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Whats YOUR comfortable temp for YOUR house

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats YOUR comfortable temp for YOUR house
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of energy conservation and just wondered what temprature your house is most comfortable.

Mine is a little chilly at times,,,the temp says 61* but I prefer it colder to too warm. Cold enough to get the flies to drop off the ceiling dead as a door nail, that end of the huse can get to 57* and seems colder when the wind blows!!

Guess the floor would be colder then and still the same degree up head tall. I sit under a blanket most all night anyway. It COULD be a little warmer(to be comfy) but makes for good economy there.

Much colder and cant keep warm at all. But go to somepones else house and about die from heat exhaustion.

Whats the COLDEST you have ever heard people keeping there heat set at???

Wondering because I am --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coldest? I don't know....like maybe 68 degrees!? [Big Grin] Mine is set at 75, but I was cold all day yesterday. It was frigid outside.

Most of the time I like it around 70 degrees, but this thermostat has always been on the high side. I suspect that 75 is really about 70.

61 or 57? Yikes!!! My hands, feet, and nose would not be able to handle that...much less the rest of my body!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EEK!....we keep the house at 78 in the summer and 70 in the winter. It doesn't take much energy use here to keep it comfortable though.

But Don, you know how we love cold weather... [shake]

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom keeps the heat at least 70.

My internal thermostat has been broken for awhile...

quite often very hot and sometimes freezing so it really doesnt matter to me where it is kept within reason.

My mom is 52 and I am the one with the hot flashes [bonk]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie...I think it's a Texan thing! [Big Grin]

Don just loves cold weather.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thermostat on our brand new furnace is set at 70 degrees.
Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TuTu...It iS a Texan thing...remember when we were kids and the houses were AC'd down to meat locker temps in the summer and heated up to blast furnace levels in the winter?

I can't stand a chill and neither can Jenny, though she was raised in CT.

and we've already had a couple of freezes here....way too early. I'm gonna go outside and idle the car and truck all nite so maybe the local climate will warm up. [Big Grin]

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Don... I'm afraid I couldn't live with you... and tell me dear... aren't you disappointed about THAT? HA!

I like it between 80-90 degrees all the time. I hurt when I wear heavy clothes.. and any shoes... and hurt worse to be even a little bit cold.

Shorts, bare feet and light top is when I'm most comfortable.

Funny... I don't think I feel the sensation of cold, as such. I feel pain instead. Not achy pain.. but severe pain.. and almost immediately. LOTS of pain.

To run my hands under cold water actually skips the "cold" feeling and goes directly to PAIN. BAD pain. Kinda like a bad burn.. same sensation. I think it is a brain/neuro thing??

And I also don't have an "internal thermometer" either. I must keep regular wall thermometers all over the house... in each room... and even outside... to be sure I can see them to determine the temps.. because "cold" and "hot" don't register or alert me until too late... except for I start hurting and get irritated when REALLY cold and I turn purple.. and I sweat even more when really too hot. It's only THEN I notice the temps in the room are wrong for me.

Never was that way before... although I've always been a warm weather person.

But I don't like to be inside when it's 80-90 degrees and stuffy.. mostly outside if possible.

You'll LOVE this one. My water bed stays at 100 degrees (summer) to 102 degrees (winter)... year round. And I usually have a blanket or two on me to boot... unless the actual room temp is above 90 degrees too.

Today it was about 35 degrees outside and VERY windy.. biting cold. While I was sitting here by the wood stove.. I was bitten FOUR times on my bare arms by mosquitoes!!! It's DECEMBER for Pete's sake.. don't they EVER give up?

Who me? Hard to live with? HA!

I'm next to impossible!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey muffin head and Petunia..

You're MY kinda people!

I was actually cringing when I saw your TX temps on the weather channel the other day. Thought about you immediately!

YEEEEE- OUUUUUU! NOT good!

And Alaska...

HA!

Yeah right!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my home is usually somewhere between 60-65 degrees this time of year. I married a polar bear. I am the one wearing sweaters and scarfs around the house.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We keep our house at 72 in the winter. Minnesota gets cold and I want to stay warm. [Smile]

We do have a well insulated house.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Hi TC

Don't know how many of us hot weather freaks are around here but I got a cold chill when you mentioned Al****

cold water on my hands does the same thing as it does to you

Don't you just love to hear people describe diving into a cold swimming pool as 'invigorating'?? Torture is more like it.

And they're talking about sleet here tonite, guess I'll let the leaf blower and chain saw idle too. But we maybe can't sleep over the noise of the leaf blower.

your preferably sweaty friends,

MH&P

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just don-

if my husband from vermont had his druthers we'd leave the window open all winter long.

me, as soon as he leaves the house in the winter am i head for the thermostat. i cannot tolerate anything below 72-73 in the house. we have an old extremely well built house heated by radiators, so that temp makes it pretty darn toasty- bare feet, thin shirt kinda toasty.

still, given the eskimo DH, have to sleep with major amounts of duck feathers atop of me to keep warm.

lyme has greatly increased my intolerance to cold, but already had problems going back to frostnips/bites from winter camping, ice-fishing, winter-kayaking and the like .
(BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....)

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
And they're talking about sleet here tonite, guess I'll let the leaf blower and chain saw idle too.

Yep...pretty early for that in TX!! It was 8 degrees here last night after a high of 25 yesterday. Will be in the 50's tomorrow. Weird, huh?!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know it got that cold in that part of the country Too.
It was 12 deg this morning and about 35 deg all day here.
Looking at snow all this weekend and/or freezing rain.

I used to be a warm weather person, I would actually move back there in a heartbeat....I miss it! 120 degrees and all! [Cool]

It depends who's fiddling with the thermostat here....if its me 73 is dandy, for hubby its 70.
70 is T-shirt weather for him.....what's with these cold blooded men??

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gopats
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gopats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
62. I saw kids walking to school with no jackets on yesterday. Today they had long sleeves - but not jackets - 18 degrees today. (I'm not that bad).

Parent came up to visit and they think I live in a meat locker. I had to crank the heat all the way to 68 - I'm hot. I used to be always cold - must be combination of meds/lyme/coinfections.

Posts: 298 | From Maine | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffin head said..

"Don't you just love to hear people describe diving into a cold swimming pool as 'invigorating'?? Torture is more like it."

You are absolutely right!

I actually got cold chills when I read that! And then I went and threw more logs on the fire!

Now I'm going to my warm bed!!!

THANKS!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 12 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welp, looks like it's jus' you and me, Don.

I keep the therm. at 61 and a few degrees up so I can get hot water for a shower and then I put it back down again.

I have worked outside for over 20 years so I don't like it if it is too warm when I come in.

A hot cup of soup or tea and I am sweating!!! [dizzy]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at all these OLD friends coming out of the woodwork on this thread. Havent seen a few of you around for awhile---SO----Howdy--once more.

i guess the reason I keep it as low of temp is for economy more than comfort. I figure heat isnt worth wastin' for just ONE person. Easier to keep a coat or blanket around.

seems the furnace doesnt run nearly as much and the propane tank lasts twice as long. bad part is cant keep feet comfy at night,even wrapped in blanket.

Tried leaving warm socks on, doesnt work, wrap up in blanket,doesnt work

Other factor is I get all jumpy and itchy at night anyway,,,seems like every night lately.

The colder I keep myself the better I feel ,,that way!! Its like whole body restless leg at night,,,days dont bother.

After I rid myself of local responsibilities I SURE would like to spend winters in the balmy south,,,Its crazy to spend winters fighting the snow and cold in THESE parts.

Only problem is,,, what service or item could I sell the 'snowbirds' to make a living down there during the winter???

If I was going to stay here for any amount of time I would buy me a big corn stove and runner up to 75 too.

I LOVE wood heat. I have a wood stove now for emergencys. I dont use it because it smokes the house a 'little' and the chimney situation isnt as good as it should be.

Besides I would have to go cut wood then and that doesnt work too good these days. Minds willing but body says no. used to heat whole(former) house with two wood stoves running wide open all day and night. Used ALOT of wood. been there done that. True what they say, heat yourself three times when burning wood,,,think it really is a few more that THAT!!

Glad to see you all here again!! Be well,,be warm!! IB--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80 degrees when its cold. And I usually wear 2 sweaters.

I like to be warm. Skinny & having lyme are not the best combination for staying warm.

Even with the thermostat set at 80 I have space heaters in most of the rooms I am in. Sometimes when I am cold I will crank up my heater and get really warm. Ah...love it. But my dog who lays in my room with me will start to pant-So gotta give him the boot. [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess you need to figure in how energy efficient your house is, and what temp it is outside.

When the wind blows here, I swear the inside doors bang shut. [Big Grin] I have a seive for a house...

Maybe what temperature you like it at just depends on that? My 73 deg could be someone elses 61...

--------------------

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow justdon, 61 that's pretty darn cold where I come from [Eek!] We use the metric system way up here but I'm so old I understand the better way. We keep are temp around 71-72.
In the summer I like our pool at 92 [loco]

Hey TinCan oh sorry TinCup, remember me [Cool] I was thinking of sending a search party out for you [Big Grin] I agree with hands in the cold water thingy [Eek!]
put another log on the fire for me okay [Big Grin]

Talk to you later your friend Cassie:puppy:
I am trying the puppy thing, used to have a little black dog when I was here many moons ago,but can't remember how to get it back [confused]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don,
An electric blanket is wonderful when the indoor temp is chilly.
No more cold feet! It's amazing.

You can get electric throws to use when you're relaxing in the recliner.

I highly recommend this if you can't get warm.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I am to be a happy wise@ss - I must be in a temp of 72-75, while wearing layers.

That way - when I get the Bab sweats - I take a layer off; when they're over & I'm cold, put the layer back on.

Hubby doesn't like it that "high" as he's extremely cost conscious...what he doesn't seem to be conscious of is what a lower temp is costing him *socially* with me - when I'm cold and unhappy...

...cuz when momma ain't happy - ain't NOBODY happy!

Hugs & Kisses,

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least 75 degrees for MY thermostat, please.

When particularly chilled, I'll bump it up to 78.

And STILL have two sweaters on. And a micro-fleece liner.

My house is made of straw bales, so it heats up quickly and stays toasty. The walls have an insulation value of R-50.

Go ahead, huff and puff all you want. [Cool]

Michelle

-

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Straw bales? Really ? That's cool! Is that really your house? [am I sounding like a skeptic here [Roll Eyes] ]

What a cozy place, yet full of light! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have trouble with my own personal thermostat.

When I woke up this morning,I thought I had left the heater on because it was so hot in here.

Upon checking the heater, I learned it was really me.

I had never turned the heater on and it was still set at 55 degrees.

I get up and put on long johns, a top, a sweatshirt, a fleece, etc. I then take my dog out and usually leave everything on except the jacket, gloves, scarf and hat when I am back inside.

Conserving energy...both the energy it takes to put things on and off and the utility bill.

[ 10. December 2006, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Straw bales? Really ? That's cool! Is that really your house? [am I sounding like a skeptic here [Roll Eyes] ]

What a cozy place, yet full of light! [Smile]

Tutu, you're funny! See below for more photos of my straw bale empire. Or, how to build your own house for $24,000 in the middle of Tick Central.

Add a hunnert or so rice straw bales and some friends and voila.
Michelle's Straw House

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Niiiice Michelle--

Not only is your house nice, but your flower garden and the scenery are great also. I'm guessing the stream pics are around your home?

You'd think us hay farmers would be the first to do this....HA! [Big Grin]

--------------------

just don
Member # 1129

Michelle M,
I have INDEED heard of those. Beatiful house it is!!! I have a couple questions as to how this works.

It is probably and here and now thing BUT IF I tried to do anything with bales it is for sure full of 'mice' and 'worse'. how do you keep them out of the walls???

And whats the prospect of how long these walls last made of this before they deterriate (sp)?? What do you do to preserve as long as possible.

And finnally what wall surface do you have on inside of those straw walls and also the outside,,,and does THAT keep all elements outside??? Do you have to replace them ever so often?? I can see them being warm,,,, bugs, rodents and longevity would be MY concerns,,,how do YOU handle those??? Does fire insurance care???
Sorry for so many questions but call me curious "george!!""" remaining--just don--

--------------------
just don

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Thanks Meg and Don. Good questions and very common myths about straw bale houses!

First, straw is not food. Nothing wants to eat it. (Unlike hay.) However, even if it was food, nothing could reach it since the walls are covered inside and out with plaster -- not stucco. That's fiber-reinforced concrete. You could drive a truck into it!

The walls "breathe" so the house is healthy and mold-free. You must make sure your bales are 14% or less moisture content when you're building.

Second, it's virtually fireproof. Just try to burn a bale. It'll smolder till the cows come home. But lacking air space (a necessary part of the fire triangle - sorry, I used to be a fireman!), it won't burn. So my house walls have a four-hour fire rating. Compared to about 10 minutes for a stick-frame home.

The insurance company did not appear to care.

Similar homes have been taken apart in Nebraska and found to be in perfect condition despite being 100 years old.

Meg, the stream is our year-round mountain creek. I do cringe now to see photos of my daughter stretching out on picturesque downed logs. (Oh, how I wish I knew then what I know now..)

Michelle

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha,I have to heat with firewood,can't afford to turn on the electric baseboards.

So lets see ,I will go look at the temp now.

Accross the room away from the stove 80 degrees.Outside wall!!

Here with my back to the stove 95 that is real good 95 AAAAAHHHHHH!!! Real comphy!!!!!

I like 95 degrees!!!!!

MADDOG And the lizard loves it to!!!!!!! 4 and a half foot dinosaur.

Posts: 4000 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle-

Wow all around. the house of course-inexpensive, attractive, environemntally sound, etc.. but as much, the You who imagined and dreamt and built it.

You're the kind of people who always inspire me to live larger. thanks so much for "sharing" your house.

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle M:
Similar homes have been taken apart in Nebraska and found to be in perfect condition despite being 100 years old.

That is so awesome, Michelle! Next time I go to CA, I'll look you up!! So wonderful of you to share your photos. Which one is YOU?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Michelle M
Member # 7200

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
That is so awesome, Michelle! Next time I go to CA, I'll look you up!! So wonderful of you to share your photos. Which one is YOU?

Come on by, Tutu!

Being a photographer means you never have to be in the picture.

Except for, well, ahem, a few fish pictures...

A few fish pictures.

[Big Grin]

just don
Member # 1129

Michelle,
You are indeed a beautiful person.

My oldest daughters name is same as yours so I keep thinking....oh well,,,I never think correctly. But most confusing to old confused lymie is your intial is same as hers too.

Loved ALL the great pics,,loved your house info also. Keep up the fine photography!!

They used to say I could take a 'good'picture too,,,with an old 35mm years ago. I lost that and never had another camera in my life,,,so sad all the times are now disappeared in my mind.

Looked at the new digital but greatly confused as to all their features and different qualities. No body to share them with anywho.

--------------------
just don

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle,

What a gorgeous place...and something I'd never heard about.
I loved seeing the construction photos!

Just have one question: what's a tying room?

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Thanks Just Don. Hey - I used to use film too. LOONG ago! You can take pictures just for your own soul! Or share em with us, of course!

Andie, a "tying room" is a small area reserved for feathers, threads, fur, and a vise for fly tying (making flies for fly fishing). My house is tiny so it isn't really a whole room - more like a private corner. I've commandeered it and I'm not giving it back!

[Smile]

Michelle

Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never put the theremostats above 60 - i refuse to pay blood money for warmth.

beyond that we are at the whim of the fire stoker and the quality of wood at hand.

in trouble when the wood's too young and hisses and spits a cold fire, otherwise - OK.

a good pair of sheerling slippers goes a long way in this regard!

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement