LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 5 out of 5 tested positive; 3 to go

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5 out of 5 tested positive; 3 to go
hshbmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9478

Icon 9 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was no surprise my dd and I finally tested positive, but to get positive tests the first time for my husband and 2 other children is a real shock.

Now our LL family physician will start treating the other 3. I'm surprised I have a hair left in my head...it's been quite a journey. My husband and 3 year old have had symptoms since July, but my 10 and 15 years olds developed symptoms in September.

We have three more children to test.

We submitted blood to the Bowen Lab for Western Blots and the IFA flow cytometry. Bowen is approved to do Western blots now, but I don't think they report the significant 31 or 34 bands.

Bowen is discontinuing the QRIBb test by microscope; they realize the flow cytometry test is more accurate.

My oldest dd starts homebound education next week.

I'm glad to have test results to support my children's symptoms and history.

Relieved,
Nancy

[ 17. December 2006, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nancy, i can't say congrats, but at least you know what you are dealing with ... THE WHOLE FAMILY; yuk! misery loves company; but this is ridiculous.

thoughts and prayers headed your way! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure have your hands full!

It sounds overwhelming. But thank goodness you are all diagnosed and going to get the treatment.

I am grateful that my kids got diagnosed while they are home with us, rather than off at college or something.

It has been a strain physically and emotionally with a gang of sick people. We laugh a lot which has helped and have somehow had quite a bit of fun.

I hope the homebound goes well for your son. It was a big help for my kids last yr. My daughter is going back to highschool for a class or two in February.

I will be praying for you.

Hope you find a lot of support here and in your area.

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure have your hands full!

It sounds overwhelming. But thank goodness you are all diagnosed and going to get the treatment.

I am grateful that my kids got diagnosed while they are home with us, rather than off at college or something.

It has been a strain physically and emotionally with a gang of sick people. We laugh a lot which has helped and have somehow had quite a bit of fun.

I hope the homebound goes well for your son. It was a big help for my kids last yr. My daughter is going back to highschool for a class or two in February.

I will be praying for you.

Hope you find a lot of support here and in your area.

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
am36
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for am36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same boat here.

positive with neuro-lyme, very old infection. recently tested kids. all 5 positive. lots of work for a healthy mom, which I'm not (yet)

sending love

Posts: 169 | From former Philadelphian | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out that all five of our Western blot tests and the flow cytometry tests were positive.

The validation study by Bowen is nearly complete. They should have state approval by the first of the year, then they'll be able to do flow cytometry tests.

We're going to test our other 3 children ASAP.

The 3 yo was having neck pain first thing this morning....then a few hours later had pain in her calf. I wish I could put her on antibiotics right now! ...before this stuff spreads elsewhere.

I made appointments for everyone in March with a LLMD in Pennsylvania. It's crazy to have to wait that long for an appointment!

Betty, Char and am36, I appreciate your prayers. I'm sorry you've had to go through this too.

Betty, you're right; I'm glad I know what we're dealing with.

Now to try to get our physicians here to realize it's what we're dealing with.....

Nancy

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymex5&counting
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymex5&counting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. But like Betty said atleast you now know what is wrong.

I totally understand what you are going thru.

[group hug]

Lyme x 9

Posts: 399 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] thoughts and prayers to you.
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nancy, can you get your primary md to prescribe antibiotics for each of you now LONGER than 1 month? it's worth asking about NOW.

my heart goes out to you and am mom! both of you with 5 lyme kids plus yourselves, and the FINANCIAL drain!

I hope your family members are giving you CASH this year vs. worthless gifts that are not needed in many situations.

perhaps your communities can arrange fund-raisers for each of you: chili, auctions, etc.

that's what my hometown would do and does every year when a family runs into a situation such as yours! they LIVE THE GOLDEN RULE!

best wishes to both of your families. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once I get the WB results on paper I'll take them to our local physician. I don't think he really believes we can have LD here, but he's been willing to treat symptoms and has never had a negative attitude.

I haven't been able to get even 2 weeks of antibiotics out of our LLMD.

I want to contact the newspaper with our story.

I would love for someone to have a fundraiser for us. We've already gone through our savings and are into our retirement account.

Lyme X 9 and iceskater, I appreciate your kind words and prayers.

Lyme X 9, do you have grandparents diagnosed with LD too, or do you have a big family?

Nancy

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement