LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » To answer your questions about what I did to get better...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To answer your questions about what I did to get better...
Susan C
Member # 11016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, contrary to some beliefs out there, I am not selling anything to anyone. I don't want anything from anyone. I just want to help anyone who wants it.

I would appreciate it if those of you who are trying to belittle what I'm saying would just calm down and stop with the comments.

I have been told that the person who is posting negative comments about my ideas is actually a lovely person, so I'll just go with that, and forget about it.

Anyway, for those of you who care...

I am by no means telling people that they ought to go off of their meds. The first thing that I Am saying is that there are many of you out there living with more than you know you have. I understand that this is known...coinfections, and let me stop myself by saying that I know that a lot of what I say is already known by most of you, but there is a point to including it.

The problem that I have with how so many people are being treated, is in how they are diagnosed. I have said this before that in the traditional tests, doctors go in to look for specific things.

They either find or they don't find what they are looking for. In the process that I found, our make up is basically put on the table for the technician to see. The technician can see virtually everything that is going on...physiologically an emotionally.

This is a lot to understand, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack vs. looking for the needle on a white table. They can see the needle along with a whole slew of other things they weren't looking for. When they see everything, they can then figure out what to do with it.

This process is done by a few technicians around the country and is called digital testing. I can't put the name of the medical office I saw on this post, so that is why I was suggesting that people email me.

The other thing that I did once my full diagnosis was done, was the NAET allergy elimination. This was done over a period of three months.

It includes acupuncture, and various other methods of boosting the immune system. My system was shot after a year and a half on the iv. Because of doing this, I never got sick after going off the rocephen.

Lastly, which was a result of finding out the problem, was to have my metal fillings removed. My dentist didn't want to do it, b/c he didn't see the point, but I asked him to, and my mercury levels came back to normal. As most of you know, metal toxification causes brain malfunction. Who knows if the lyme actually escalates the process. The medical office I saw is very serious into the link between tooth health and full body health.

That said, I will step away. I apologize for coming on strong. It's just difficult knowing that all of these people are out there and are as sick as I was. The doctors rarely understand the magnitude of how we feel with Lyme. They may understand how sick people are, but they don't necessarily understand how awful the whole thing really is.

I feel responsible to share what I know, even if it is not appreciated by many of you. On the other hand, many of you have responded positively. That's all I care about.

Good luck to you all.

Posts: 21 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for posting this and other posts.

I like to take people at face value till proven otherwise.

Glad this turned out so well for YOU!!!

I have a whole mouthful of metal also,root canals in most everything and even a couple old 'silver points' which is called a no-no any more.

I cant wait till I can get a full mouth extraction and total debrisment down to jaw bones. I have had a dental pocket of infection for years. It might be 'awhile' cause my means are slim!!!

I live in the 'boonies' and no body here to relate to your situation, no acupunturist,no natural path, no testing except for country ducks.

Have a great day and enjoy your good health,,,not everyone is sooooo lucky!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
susan,

I haven't read your other posts-but are you saying that you got better without meds? Or are you saying that it was in combo with alternative treatments and meds that you got bette?

I live in the san fransisco bay area and I would love to know more about your accupuncture treatments and your cost of treatment.

I am 22 years old and I've been on oral meds for a LONG time and just started IV therapy. I feel like I am making great strides with IV therapy-

I am always open to hearing about alternative treatments as I have tried them before and had sucess.

Addionally to lyme I have/had babesia, bartnella, and erchilia (sp?)-I tested postive for lyme on the IGG and IGM and postive for all three co-infections.

My doctor works in san francisco and on the pennisula with a very well established LLMD. However, she treats with several alternative therapies and is very open to alternative medicine.

As a young 22 year old who really can't afford to see her LLMD, let alone all this treatment, alternative therapy would be my first choice but financially I've found that it's really not in my limits.

I should mention that I believe I am very toxic right now-I have my appendix, toncils, and gallblatter removed. I've had kindney stones, and viritgo. I've been on accutane for ance 2x. I've been broken out in hives for 2 years straight.

The only thing that makes the hives go away and also causes me to gain about 1 pound per week is valtrex. It must be name brand valtrex, but the werid part is that I don't have an std. I have been tested several times by several different doctors and they can't figure it out. My llmd suggested a year in half ago when I tested positive for lyme to try valtrex and with in 24 hours my hives of 8 monthes disapeared.

I've also had shingles and mono-as well as vommitted everything I ate for 8 months. I did a test where I ate radio-active eggs and laid on a medal table and they monitored the eggs in my stomach for over an hour.

The eggs never really digested as I ended up throwing them up..but they told me that i digested food at 3x a slower rate as a normal person. hence the food spoiling in my stomach and my bodies natural reaction was to get rid of it by throwing it up.

I no longer throw up my food as I've learned to eat small portions often.

Ne wayz-my skin is broken out pretty badly currently still broken out in hives-so I would love to hear more about your treatment and see if I can apply any of it to me. I've also notice my hair is very damaged.

Thanks,
Lindsay

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan, That makes alot more sense than what you posted the first time!

I'm wondering too if you ever had any abx for the Lyme and co's?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Susan C:

It includes acupuncture, and various other methods of boosting the immune system. My system was shot after a year and a half on the iv. Because of doing this, I never got sick after going off the rocephen.

Here ya go, Tutu.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her first post states she was on IV antibiotics for a year & 1/2
Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan,

Thank you for posting your story. It is useful to hear of others success with LD, and I never get tired of hearing positive news. Some of these ideas make sense.

But we spent $500 for 10 sessions of NAET and had no luck at all. We were trying to address the cause of my daughter's poor intestinal health (food allergies) and her asthma, which were somehow related.

A desensitization procedure was chosen to reduce sensitivity to the offending foods. But we still had to keep her off the foods she was supposedly treated for. No change in the strength of her digestion.

As far as I know, for LD, anti-microbial remedies are needed, whether abx or alternative. NAET desensitization cannot kill LD bugs and, as far as I know, nor can other acupuncture (needle) treatments. Not sure about chinese herbs. But I do like acupuncture for other reasons.

Perhaps NAET has changed as it has been 10 years and the methods may be different now. And perhaps someone else here may do well with it. But we did not get the results promised.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarsyNY:
Her first post states she was on IV antibiotics for a year & 1/2

Thanks true and Marsy! So much for "skimming"!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan C
Member # 11016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Cave, someone did say you were a lovely person. Whatever, I don't care anymore.
Posts: 21 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cave, you're lovely to me! I've never seen you, but that doesn't matter! Your heart is good!! [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MrG
Member # 10254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow morning will be my 8th NAET treatment. So far it's not doing anything.

--------------------
Pat Sr

Posts: 63 | From Toms River,NJ | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 12 NAET sessions in summer 2003. It did nothing for me but cost about $800.

Two people I used to know swore by it for allergies, though.

--------------------
Suzanne Shaps
STAND UP FOR LYME Texas (www.standupforlyme.org)
(Please email all correspondence related to protecting Texas LLMDs to [email protected] with copy to [email protected])

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does NAET stand for?
Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NAET = Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Treatment

There are different causes of food allergies. Some are more emotional in nature, which NAET may do well with. That is my understanding, anyway. Maybe Susan can add to this.

But if the allergies are due to having the wrong microbes in the intestines, then NAET would not be helpful (unless rife frequencies could be generated by the needles, which I do not think is possible).

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan C
Member # 11016

Claire,

Can you explain the Rife machine? I have friends in Los Angeles who use it, but I don't really understand it. I just know that it works with light. More info?

Susan C
Member # 11016

Yes...my understanding is also that food allergies show for different reasons. I was told that many, many people out there are allergic to things like chicken and eggs.

Has anyone ever done muscle testing? This is so fascinating. You can find foods, and virtually any chemical you are allergic (or sensitive) to by laying down, holding the chemical or allergen in the left hand if right handed, and right hand if left handed.

You then put the other hand up in the air. You have someone try to push your arm down toward the couch.

If you are "sensitive" to the substance, your muscle strength will be severely weekend. It's interesting to try this with perfumes. I was severely weekend by eggs and perfume.

Muscle testing doesn't have anything directly to do with Lyme, of course, but it's a good indication of things that compromise your immune system, and just how strong your system is.

I found that as my immune system got weaker, my tolerance of foods got worse and worse. My digestive system was gone by the time I finished with Rocephen, so I had trouble with just about every allergen they treated me for.

I was emotionally linked to sugar and B-12. I had violent emotional reactions to these.

clairenotes
Member # 10392

I have not done rife myself. But my understanding is that Rife claims to be able to impact microbes with various energy frequencies.

You can use the search function for more information.

Claire

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi susan; glad things have calmed down and you expanded upon your posts!

CAVE, I PUT THE GOOD WORD IN FOR YOU; at least we used to be good friends! this lymie thinks you're a lovely lady! guess after over 2.5 years i'm wrong!? [lol]

susan, the writer of 1 rife book is a member; can't remember the name.

go to search, top under new post

type in rife
MEDICAL
TOPIC ONLY
ANY DATE ... make sure you EDITED MY PROFILE like i said to for longest period of time vs. default at bottom of screen area.

leave membership blank, hit search button

it will bring up all current posts on rife! good luck. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
acupuncture helped my pain before I was diagnosed and treated and also got rid of my vertigo attacks. I don't understand how or why it works but it worked for me, for those problems. it did not cure me or anything close but it helped. I had a Chinese dr trained in China.

Scientific studies have shown that it doesn't matter if the needles stimulate the meridians or other places. Something is happening but the ancient Chinese theory seems to be a bit off.

muscle testing has absolutely no scientific basis so don't ask me to believe in it. I think it is a total ripoff and don't care how many people say it "works."

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, Betty I'll second you on the calming down !!!
And yes I have done muscle testing. It is very interesting to me. We have done it with supplements purchased in stores and you can see which ones are not good for you. I had forgotten all about it as it has been several years since we did it.
sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I also think "muscle testing" is bogus.

Acupuncture I have seen help people but cure no one- but it seems like a good thing to do for some people!!! Very helpful for some!

IV antibiotics has helped everyone I know locally with Lyme more than anything else- and for those of us who were the worst it was the only thing that helped!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

I've done muscle testing, accupuncture, chiro, infred-cold light machines...I've also used electric current.

The muscle testing is most fasinating, especially because it's very accurate.

I've had it done by two different people whom both did it differently.

They both had cases of vials and each vial has a different name with a different items like yeast or kidneys etc. Both of them had to be touching me to make the testing work. Because it was through my energy they were able to channel what ever it is they do.

The first guy I saw we would sit down and I would touch my leg to his. He would touch a vial and I would hold my thumb and my up. He would then stick his thumb and finger inbetween mine trying to get them to open.

If you are weak and your fingers can be opened then you are difficent in that item or allergic or whatever. If he couldn't open them then you were strong.

He used the same pressure each time and although I was only 10 when I did this (and he was obviously much bigger than I) I vividly remember him not being able to open my fingers unless I was difficent and then it was like they just lost all ability to resist.

The other person I saw was clearly more advanced then this person. He was able to do it the way I just described and he was also able to just by touching a part of me channel my energy to him and test the vials against himself.

I didn't believe it at first so being the seriously 12 year old I was I made him test me and sure enough he was right on the money.

In anything that I was difficent in he would make me a "remedy"-If I placed x drops under my tounge and after x time I would be "cured."

This guy was truely amazing, he healed my torn acl without surgery, he built up my immune system, he helped me with my skin issues. I'd still be going to him, but he moved to Africa when I was a freshman in high school.

I can say first hand that this works-my mom was allergic to our cat-not anymore, one week on a remedy and she was fine.

Questions, feel free to ask-

Lindsay

smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

I would like to add that I am not sure a disease like lyme is curable by something that muscle testing provides. But I think it could greatly help you with things like yeast, allergies, weak points, cleansing your kidney's and liver, other organs, etc.

Of course I am also a believer in alternative medicine being that I've seen it work first hand. I also believe that when you have a disease you need more than a supplement to help you.

I also believe that antibiotics are highly over prescibed and other alternative medicines can be used, but take longer. Since we live in such a NOW, right NOW, society-instead of doing the alternative treatments I feel that people take "quick fixes"-which turn out to be long-term damage which is often times irreversable.

But that's just my too sense- I'm on IV Rocephin and taking a million orals scripts-so I am a walking hypocrate-lol

Lindsay

cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Susan,

My 2c about px drugs...particularly abx.

I for one disagree with long-term usage of abx for people suffering with chronic Lyme.

I don't like IDSA's viewpoint on chronice Lyme disease, i.e., its diagnosis, treatment and existance of chronic state. However, I do agree that long-term abx does more damage to your body than good...in most cases.

The most important sideeffect of abx is that it suppresses your immune system and negatively affects other bodily systems too. In a way, it tells the body to step aside when used for too long.

Your immune system is actually well served by being kept busy (as odd as that may sound.)

I believe once hormonal imbalances, heavy metals and coinfections have been addressed (but not necessarily 100% irradicated) that a 1-2 months of high-dosage abx will suffice.

After this the patient must start living a wholesome life, if possible, and let the body do the rest.

Living wholesome means to eat, drink, exercise, sleep and think in a way conducive to strengthening your bodys defenses.

IOW, make your body a very unhappy home for germs in general...incl, obviously, Bb and coinfections.

You can do this as follows:

[*] take suitable supplements (mag, zinc, folic acid, vitC, B6/12, gse, etc),

[*] eat raw foods (vegatables, leafy greens, fruits, nuts, seeds),

[*] minimize any consumption of meat...fish is probably good now and then,

[*] minimze intake of refined carbohydrates (table sugar, rice, pasta, most breads, muffins, pastrys),

[*] eat whole grain and fiber rich foods,

[*] if you have to cook foods, try to cook at as low temps as possible, and for as short as possible, to preserve as many of the nutrients and to prevent the generation of carcinogens,

[*] reduce consumption of dairy products, particularly milk,

[*] drink plenty of purified water (stop drinking coffee and sodas),

[*] drink herbal decaf teas (ginger, sage, chamomille, st.johns wort, etc)

[*] get plenty of sleep (take B6 and drink "calming" tea ~2hrs before bedtime and use earplugs/shades if necessary to block out disturbances),

[*] exercise at least 3times weekly for at least 30min (walking, jogging, running, swimming, biking, stairmaster, and extended cardio exercise will do),

[*] do anything possible to elevate your temperature if it's lower than 98.6F (drink ginger tea, take hot baths, saunas, wear plenty of clothes, thick socks, exercise, etc),

[*] detox, detox, detox in any way you can (take chlorella, cilantro extract, NAC, MSM, fast for ~3 days once every month...don't forget to attend to liver and adrenal system by taking milk thistle, red root, etc),

[*] address any suspect teeth problems (e.g. remove root canals that feel funny, remove amalgams, etc),

[*] meditate, and

[*] do the Buhner protocol (I'm not sold on this one, but I think it's ok cause the herbs he uses have so many other good effects on the body).

I'm on the above protocol after I dropped abx ~1y ago...and I've never felt better...well maybe when I was a teenager (before I got infected ~25y ago).

It's interesting, Susan, that I've been posted numerous times about my experience and approach for healing Lyme. But only 2 people ever showed interest and contacted me to discuss further.

I guess I'm more fortunate than you in that noone has been attacking me for what I'm saying. Noone suggested that this protocol sucks, is no good, is dangerous, is stupid, or whatever.

I think that most people just dont't believe it and perhaps don't even WANT to believe it cause it's inconvenient (and who knows, maybe they are right and I'm wrong)...but I guess I sort of understand.

2 1/2 years ago I wouldn't have believed it myself either. It's something you have to sort of "warm up" to. Cause it's a gradual process to come to the realization that it's actually your body that's the key to healing. Not your doctor. Not some pill.

It's all up to you.

WE have to take full responsibility for our own bodies. Getting well, and remaining healthy, is a maintainance issue...not a take-a-pill-to-fix-it issue.

This is however not so easy because we have been brainwashed from birth to have a near perverse faith in medical science, MDs and px drugs.

Finally, let me say that I'm not a doctor and I'm not saying that I'm right about my protocol. I'm just saying the above worked for me and that I strongly believe it'll work for other people too.

And the reason I keep talking about my approach is that, like you Susan, I feel obliged to share my experiences. I've learned so much from Lymenet, gigi, and others and am so grateful for that.

Michael

[ 23. January 2007, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: cmichaelo ]

--------------------
I'm not an MD. The above is IMO and in my experience as well as from health related books.

I've had symptoms consistent with neurological Lyme disease since 1986. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2004. Am feeling better now than ever before.

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had NAET - didn't help - probably because I needed to get rid of the infection first. I currently use rife - healed a very nasty problem on my heel that I'd had for years - deep crack - large portion of my heel was numb - that is amazingly better - almost gone.

I'm seeing an LLMD and LLND - they are working together. I'm on abx and supportive therapy. The best of both worlds, the best care I've ever had. Very smart doctors, both of them. Also smart enough and humble enough to accept that working together will get the best results for their patients.

As far as muscle testing - I've been using it for over 15 years. It's not a cure-all. Can't fix everything, answer all questions etc.. but it is an amazing tool and I wouldn't want to be without it. I've often seen very quick results with symptomatic relief for myself and many others. Those less complex problems than lyme can often have very quick turn arounds in their health.

I've been tested and told I had a problem, didn't believe it, months later shows up in an allopathic medical test. This has happened time and time again. That, and years of experiences make me a believer. I understand why others find it difficult to beleive since I was in the same frame of mind at one time.

It works well only if you have someone who is good at it and there are those that are not and there are those that are. There are MANY methods/systems - most developed by Chiropractor's and M.D.'s. There are many good books but this one might interest some of you:
Power VS Force by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.

"Kinesiology is now a well-established science, based on the testing of an all-or-none muscle response stimulus."

There is quite a bit of research on it out there. It's a shame to decide that it's not valid without having any first hand knowledge of it but I respect everyone's right to choose what they feel is appropriate for themselves. I can say without a doubt that I've seen it save lives. It is an art and a science and well worth taking a look at for those who are so inclined.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Michael -- I agree that some major changes in the way we live and the way we chose to eat need to be made. Success may come without following some or all of these things. But making these changes may make success come sooner.

One problem that arises about the raw foods, however, is that so many of us suffer from intestinal disorders and we have a hard time breaking down raw vegetables and fruits. For us, warm foods may be more healing, especially in the winter. Foods like baked apples and squash soups etc., just feel more nourishing. I know that some enzymes are lost, but somehow it feels counter-intuitive to eat 'cold' foods right now (maybe we have just gotten too much snow this year)!

Many of the same people also have trouble with whole grains. So how to feel satisfied on this diet? Dairy is often off-limits, too. LD complicates.

I might try it a bit later in this healing process. I do think it is one of the more enchanting ways to eat, if it is workable.

Claire

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement