LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Urgent: NEED PRAYER for daughter of PHA editor!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent: NEED PRAYER for daughter of PHA editor!
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My good friend, Dawn -- editor of the Public Health Alert - is experiencing a family health crisis and requests your prayers.

Last night, her 13-year old daughter was rushed, unconscious, to the ICU of our local children's hospital. The hospital did a spinal tap and concluded she is battling meningitis. We currently don't know if it is viral or bacterial.

There have been a few moments where Dawn's daughter has woken up and spoken a few words, only to revert back to unconsciousness.

As we wait to hear further word, I ask that you all take a few moments to pray for this dear girl, Dawn, and the rest of the family. Dawn is a strong woman of faith and seems to be holding together better than I can imagine now.

I will update you all as I receive more news.

I know the patients on this board are strong-willed and full of faith yourselves - otherwise most of us would be in worse shape than we already are! I believe prayer can really make a difference -- and I ask that you all focus a few moments of your attention today on sending this sweet child of God your positive thoughts & prayers. Envision her return to health - a full recovery; rising up and walking out of that hospital in better shape than she's ever been.

This board has proven to be a great source of strength for me so many times; please continue to be so for Dawn.

Thank you for your kindness, and all your good thoughts & prayers for Dawn & her family.

Blessings,

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH my!!! Will do!!! Tell Dawn we're praying!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Dawn's daughter's name? I will pray too.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!

Her daughter's name is Laura.

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure that everyone who reads this will include the family in their prayers.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me, too!

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will join other members of LymeNet & pray for Laura & her family.

Please give us updates as they are available.
We care!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And me too!

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is terrible. I will pray.
Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many prayers will be prayed for Laura, her mother, Dawn, and her whole family. Surrounding them in pure Light,

Janet

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying now.....
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying now.....
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for Laura, Dawn and the entire family.

[group hug]

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear!

I am so very very sorry to know this...although, grateful that you made us aware and asked for prayers.

My most heartfelt wishes of love, courage, acceptance and comfort go to Dawn, Laura and their family as they proceed through these difficult days.

Much love to you each,
melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're with you Laura and Dawn.
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thinking of the laura and her family.

i am sure everyone already knows this but lyme can cause meningitis.

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers and healing energy are being sent in spirit to you and your family across the miles. Please let us know how Laura is doing! If she is anywhere near as strong and energetic as her mom, I have no doubt she is going to be just fine. You have all of our support!
 -

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
condor, that was beauiful and your graphic at the end; outstanding.

Dawn, we're here for you, Laura, and your extended family as laura goes thru her crisis now. May god take this away as it quickly came on leaving her a NORMAL child with no side effects or complications.

thanks donna for the news on dawn! Thoughts, prayers, hugs, and kisses to you dawn, laura, and family! keep us update ok donna. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asking God to cover Laura with his Divine Protection and to hold her in his loving hands.

Please keep us updated.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for healing, and wisdom for the doctors. Also, asking peace for Dawn.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

When I came this morning to give an update, I don't know why I was surprised to see so many with their heartfelt well wishes.

I know your prayers & words of encouragement will mean so much to Dawn & family.

My last update last night was that Laura was doing a bit better. Since she's been on abx since entering the hsopital, we're assuming she must have bacterial meningitis since at that time, the hospital had yet to give official word whether it was bacterial or viral.

Dawn did say that the doc was able to get Laura up to stand at one point - which I think is a most excellent sign.

Laura is still very sleepy & running fever - but I could hear more hope in Dawn's voice, altho I also heard much exhaustion.

Because of thir family's history with Lyme - Dawn mentioned Lyme to the hospital staff and they basically scoffed at her. Perhaps this is not such a big deal if they are treating Laura exactly as they would if thy knew Lyme was a possibility; however, we just don't know.

If you've had Lyme meningitis and feel like your treament was different than standard meningitis - please let us know.

In closing - Dawn indicated a bit of concern for her oldest son as all the kiddos had been sick with snot-based illnesses, but the son's fever was getting a bit higher last night.

I do not want to speak or type what my fear would be with that -- so y'all just keeping praying for the entire fanily - for all to regain health.

Thank you all so very much for your loyalty and the kindness of your hearts.

I will let Dawn know you all send your strength.

Best,

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
 -

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning,

As you may know, meningitis is extremely contageous. IF any of the family feels off, including fever, headache, nausea, dizzy, etc...they need to see a doc ASAP, and NOT wait.

Thanks for the update. Still keeping their family close in thoughts and prayers.

Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad she's a little better. We'll pray for "A LOT better"!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Checking in to see how she is doing!
A bit of good news..nice to see!
If its bacterial it can be spread easily so be careful! Stay strong Dawn, Laura is young and strong like her Mom! All of us send healing energy and angel thoughts to you and your family. The sunshine will shine through the dark clouds and healing and perfection will be on the other side.
Sending support, love and strength!!!!!
 -

bettyg
Unregistered

donna, thanks for the update on laura, dawn, and family.

sorry to read her son is now very sick. YES, BE CAREFUL; IT IS CONTAGIOUS.

a friend in next class above me ended up losing her hearing due to meningitis; thought it was spinal! been 20-25 yrs. this occurred.

best wishes it's caught early enough and TREATED LONG ENOUGH to heal her and her brother. [group hug] [kiss]

pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prayers and healing thoughts sent!
Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blessings to Dawn and her family.
Carol

lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are included in my prayers. Keep strong and faith will pull you trough this.
Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope Laura is doing better!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Any news on How Laura is doing?
I hope that she is staying strong and the meds are working! More prayers coming your way!

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are with you Dawn,Laura and family

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

also wandering how laura is doing and her dear mom dawn!

sometime when things settle down with dawn, donna please tell dawn and the rest of the gang who write the PUBLIC ALERT HEALTH newspaper that our local BLOOD CENTER was very IMPRESSED W/ISSUE ON CONN. AG BLUMENTHAL and the rest of the articles!

i gave blood last friday FOR MY UPCOMING HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY and go back this week to give the 2nd one. i asked supr. there if she had read what i left them when it came out. "SURE DID, IT WAS VERY INTERESTING AND I LEARNED A LOT!"

so there you go; the blood center learned something and my PCP of 27 years ALSO was very impressed although we had no time to discuss it; i keep him busy enough with my long list of health issues! [Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Thank you all for prayers.

Talked to Dawn Sat. nite and Laura was doing much btter, expecting to be released from hosp. on Sun, I belive.

Ive been very sick - vomit et al but will call Dawn later.

Thx to all,

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
 -

WildCondor
Unregistered

Thank You Dr. Wiseass!!!!!!!!!
That's great news!

bettyg
Unregistered

thanks for update on laura and dawn! glad to hear she will be released.

donna, sorry you've got the flu; heard it's running rampant up here in the hospital! [Frown]
take good care of yourself; bed rest, endless water, and pee runs! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement