LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Gratitude or Can Do Feb. 18 or 19th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gratitude or Can Do Feb. 18 or 19th
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woke at 2 am. It is now 5:15 am. Need to focus on the good again.

1. At least I got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I may be able to get more sleep soon.

2. I was able to have a successful water therapy sessions today. I did all 4 exercises for 2 minutes and did not rest in between.

3. I was able to get groceries. A friend sent me money for my birthday so I was physically and mentally and financially able to get groceries. I also was able to get postage stamps.

4. I am now able to pay the fee for my lyme doctor's phone consult next month.

5. A lady stopped by today who may be able to help me somehow. She did help me fill out a form that needed to be mailed today. This is good.

6. I actually had a more active day today than usual. I left the house at 8 in the senior van and my power chair and returned home at noon. I was able to put the groceries away. I recall when someone else would do the grocery shopping for me and I struggled to put the refrigerator things away and left the unrefrigerator things after I was strong enough to put them away.

7. I also was able to be on the senior van while they picked up people and drop them off. In the past, they have picked me up from water therapy and taken me straight home because they could see I was not doing well. This is not to say it will not happen again. This time went well. The past two times did not.

8. I was able to get Rosie to the dog park in the afternoon for a short time. I did not try walking around the perimeter of the park....don't know who invited all those dogs and people to my dog park..the place is going to the dogs. [Smile]

Looking forward to the quiet sunrise visits to the dog park. Glad Rosie stayed away from the other dogs and was on squirrel patrol. She just sat at the foot of the trees going from tree to tree as the squirrel jumped from tree to tree.

There were dogs there this time I did not know.

I FOUND A WARM PLACE IN THE SUN AND SLOUCHED AND PUT MY FEET UP ON A CHAIR AWAY FROM THE OTHERS. I USUALLY AM NOT UP TO TAKING IN WHAT IS BEING SAID AND NEED THE QUIET.

wAS NOT VERY GOOD AT GETTING FOOD IN ME TODAY. HOPE TO DO BETTER TOMORROW. BUT WHEN I AM ACTIVE, I DON'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO FIX SOMETHING. HA THAT COULD BE WHY I WOKE UP AT TWO AM...I DID NOT EAT ENOUGH TODAY TO HELP ME SLEEP THROUGHT THE NIGHT. DON'T FEEL HUNGRY THOUGH.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Kam,

How dare they let all of those other dogs into your and Rosie's park.

I so look forward to your posts and get excited about every positive step forward you make.

Try to eat something. Have to have gas in that car or it wont go anywhere. Maybe a low-carb protein drink?

Keep me updated on your daily success stories and even when you've had less than a great day.

Here's hoping for many more great days and accomplishments to come.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kam,
I enjoy reading your posts too. You have a wonderful spirit.

Keep writing.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KAM,
Have you tried the "Ensure" when times are that you cant eat?? Or prepare?? How about a can of soup in the microwave?? Eatting,,,altho for ME a bad habit,,has to occur or bad things happen!!

I found some cooked chicken breasts frozen I can pop in micro for a quickie sandwich,,,or regualer sandwich meat is good too.

Glad to hear the excercises are helping, important for YOU!!!

Keep up with what you can do,,,love that can do spirit!!! TRY to converse with the dog park patrons, conversation is 'good' and needed too.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam: enjoy your posts!! My can do for today: Was able to shower and dress. Anxiety attacks stopped. Able to do laundry today. Posted for my friends birthday. Grateful for the people on this board.Still have my eyesight. Skater
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, you have such a SPECIAL GIFT of writing with your witty comments scattered all over the place.

"I did not try walking around the perimeter of the park....don't know who invited all those dogs and people to my dog park..the place is going to the dogs. [Wink] " really cute kam!

kam, you and iceskater both provide so much inspiration and motivation for us all here on lymenet! YOUR POSITIVE SPIRITS wil not let things get you down for long; you pick yourselves up, and away you go again!

i'm so glad to know you both and you are my friends too!

double the pleasure;
double the fun;
for iceskater and kam,
who are always on the run! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I posted FRiday's above and didn't know what date it was, I will post Sunday's, the 18th here too.

I am in the process of doing the laundry. This is good. I think it has been 2 weeks since I have been able to wash.

It is as if I am climbing a mountain when I move about and do the mult tasking that laundry takes...but I do what I can...rest and then do some more.

I also was able to take Rosie to the dog park in the evening. We did not stay long. Something is up when all the regulars are not there. That is usually a sign that there is an unfriendly in the park.

It also is a sign that something is up when Rosie will not leave my side. Sometimes it is because she sense my poor health. But, in this case I think it had to do with one of the dogs are people in the park.

So, we left. I took her to the tennis courts. I thought all the gates were closed, but I was wrong. Out she went. I did not chase her this time.

It worked. She came back. And she kept me in her site the whole time too. She just ran around on the outside of the tennis courts.

We then went to the ball field and she ran around some more.

I walked while at the dog park this evening. I most likely was on my feet for 3 minutes.

Tried to go to church today, but had to leave.

Able to make a banana almond smoothie today. I usually can't do this since coming down with lyme. I am hoping as the brain clears I can make more smoothies.

Don, I usually purchase the fresh juice and protein drinks...like odwalla when they are on sale.

I liked those before coming down sick and they really help now. I just don't usually have them in the house.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kam, Welcome back, I missed your postive outlook and gratiude days.

That's great that your back on your feet even for 3 mins is a start, way to go [Smile]

Will talk again tomorrow, tired tonight
Take care your friend Cassie
[kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam,
I wake up too when I get hungry.

Sometimes I dream that I'm at school or at work, going through the cafeteria line.

It helps if I eat some cottage cheese right before I go to bed.

I also try to have burritos in the freezer, they are high in protein and fiber and have no transfats.

Today I was grateful that Domino's delivers.
I only order pizza once a month, and we rarely go out for fast food.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, glad you were able to walk some today, and that dear rosie behaved herself watching you, and returning to her master! [Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

oh, a smoothie! i love FAZOLLI's banana/strawberry ones! yummy; great in the 100 degree temps.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement