LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » rain, freezing rain, snow, BLIZZARD, white outs/IOWA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rain, freezing rain, snow, BLIZZARD, white outs/IOWA
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boy, what a mess outside! all of the above happening where i am in central iowa! uffda!

mercy hospital called me today to ask questions for 45 minutes for monday's hip surgery.

got news our taxes were done, so we drove down there for that; handled. BAD NEWS, 2nd year we're ending up owing $3500 combined for both!

shocked since we had over $16,000 in medical expenses; will need to talk to him sometime tomorrow since he had clients in with him when we stopped by.

for my 2 checks, i was pretty sure, i was taking out 28% for my low paychecks each; but it was enough to put us in bush's higher bracket, and boy are we being penalized.

those darn millionaires and others with 6 figure salaries finding every loop hole, and we loyal taxpayers just continue paying our FAIR SHARE.

stocked up on groceries; what a zoo there they said last 3 days.

did buy 2 - $1 powerballs; i think it said between $50 -$75 MILLION; someone has to win; why not me?

if i win, the LYME DISEASE ASSN., etc. inherits too! a win-win situation here.

how's weather where you are especially just don in NE nebr. since our storm came from your way [confused]

[ 02. March 2007, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bettyg,

If you win that powerball, you go first and rent a dance hall for that polka dance!!!!

Did you get to write off any of your health expenses?

My husband and I always owed, until we found a new CPA. We haven't owed in years.

Some people are better at finding the loopholes than others.

Believe it or not, my children and I have been outside flying kites in balmy 76 degree weather. The front hasn't hit us yet.

Even so, our highs are supposed to be in the 60's for the next few days.

You keep going strong. You are such an inspiration to us all.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

We had just a skiff of snow,,very hard wind,,I heard 45 plus. Got woke up early for some errant girlfriends that didnt know which side of the fence to stay on.

heard early morning,Omaha had 18" already and still coming hard,,had alot more after that..

Yesterday was freezing rain and ice, didnt hurt too bad.

Gravel roads here are not now gravel,more like mud bogs,,,you can get stuck right in the middle of the road,,,ruts deep enough to high center low small cars.

Just got done a couple days with water running over roads and detours,,,creeks dont stay put when quick thaw over frozen ground!!

All in all,it could be worse,,sure didnt need the snow,,,a inch of rain later would do ten times more good.

Stay inside,it isnt good out there. They say its bad enough to pull the snowplows OFF the roads and they only do that in the very worst of cases. I know MOST of your interstates around you are CLOSED!!!

I am headed out the door right now for my 5 mile trek(I ue a HIGH clearance model 4 wheel drive) and back,least the mud is 'froze' today!! Will be back in tonight, when the girlfriends are all fed and as happy as they are ever gonna be in such weather.being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the bad weather. Twice in two weeks, huh!?

All you need for those taxes is a home-based business!

I'll be gone this weekend....but will be thinking about you and praying for you on Monday, Betty! [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

came back to add what i just heard on radio...

GEORGIA HAD 5 TORNADOS TOUCHING DOWN HITTING A high SCHOOL "WITH KIDS" TRAPPED INSIDE! they didn't say much except that.

tutu, thanks for your prayers and good wishes.

geneal, i bet we could do that, and fly everyone in for it huh! lol [lol]

don, heard 60 mph winds at various iowa areas.

ALL INTERSTATES IN IOWA ARE CLOSED! 1st time in my life for this. when i was secretary for the higway maintenance snowplows, we'd close I-35 from Ames to Minn. but never from 1 state line to next state line! it's super bad!

i remember the mud RUT roads well since we had them until i graduated in 67!

i've got to look at taxes; picked them only but ALL EXPENSES OUT OF POCKET WERE SHOWN plus mileage, lodging, etc. for the 4 oout of state trips, etc. i kept detailed info so we could use info. later, guys.

oh, we're also having FLOODING in another part of the state; go figure!

believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey betty,

Ya im in Minnesota and its been really bad. I

had to cancel my trip to see my Doctor in

Missouri today. No traveling through iowa at

all. I made an appointment with him later this

month. Hopefully we won't have any more

blizzards!

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

merrie, thx for your comments; glad you could NOT get down this way due to extreme roads, ice, blizzards white outs, etc. later in month will be much better for you! [Wink] [group hug]

geneal, you asked about our getting my medical expenses....

"BAD NEWS, 2nd year we're ending up owing $3500 combined for both!

shocked since we had over $16,000 in medical expenses; they showed $10,000 only; deducting $6,000 towards the 7.5%. i don't understand that...too technical for me. [Frown] [Mad]

LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookingforHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

How's the roads over in Ames...... they still are bad outside of Des Moines. My doctor appointment we even cancelled on friday. [Frown]

I wanted to wish you luck with your surgey! [group hug] Hope you are up moving around soon!

Posts: 51 | From Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amy, thanks for the good wishes. yes, our roads are still bad. couldn't believe the back to back ice/sleet/rain/snow/blizzard weather twice this week.

glad it's warming up today - monday. otherwise, i'd have our friends take me down friday as i want to make sure i GET TO SURGERY mon.

i've been sick since yesterday afternoon:

fever 100.2, chilling, teeth were even rattling, and when i was up once .... dry heaves and then vomited a little. just don't feel right. so i'll be cutting it short on here these next 2 days as i have a terrible lower back ache as well. [Big Grin]

LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookingforHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,
I hope you start feeling better soon! Yeah I was glad to see the sun today as well. I hope that it starts warming up soon. Although it is girls state basketball this week, so we should get a BLIZZARD! [Wink]

Wishing you a fast recovery! [Smile]

Posts: 51 | From Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

amy, thanks so much; yes, we always have a blizzard for girl's basketball champtionships in des moines!

felt awful all day long; fever 103, chilling, can't get rested, had chicken/noodle soup ... it came back up as quick as it came down.

neighbors brought me over pop; that bottle stayed down.

i call in 1s thing tomorrow am if it's a GO OR A "NO GO SURGERY", pray that i'll feel so much better tomorrow and can keep things down!

LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Betty,

I hope you are feeling better! Is you fever gone yet? I hope so. I hope you will be able to have the surgery on monday!

I am gald you have such nice neighbors. That helps alot. I hope you are able to get some food done tonight.

How long are you going to be in the hopsital? Is is a long surgey? See if you would had you sugery a few weeks before, we may have been in the same hosptial, I was in for 7 days for sepsis. (yuck, my picc line got an infection.)

Well if I don't talk to you before you go in, I wish you the best. Let us know how it goes!

Amy

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amy, i'm rescheduled for march 26 noon hr.

it's to be 1.5 hrs. surgery; 2 hrs. in recovery. and i'll be mercy hospital until thurs. afternoon when then i want to transfer to rehab at ames hospital for 4-5 days.

LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Well it's too bad you have to wait. I hope you are finally starting to feel better. Well if you are going to be up to visters, I go to des moines once a week for doctors appointments, blood draws We could finally met. Let me know.

How things start going better for you! [Wink]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amy, that would be wonderful meeting you 1st hand.

i'm still sick as a dog; woke up now, and my bed is soaked again, so i've got major covers back, removed flannel sheet, and hang it up the bed so HOT HEAT can help try it to so i can sleep later. i don't have strength to change my sheets; they are really hard with 2 of us working on them.

amy if you would, please send me a reminder note on march 25 to make sure i'm WELL then vs. bein so sick still now. i'd love to meet you.

rehab will keep us busy 1030 - noon, 130-300

visiting hours are 330 - 9 pm

i'll ebe on 5th FLOOR ORTHOPEDICS.
. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Sounds good! Well keep us posted on how you are doing! I feel so bad for you that you have gotten so sick.

I know the feeling about the sheets mine are the same way. I have my hubby do them! Well I am off to lay down and go my IV abx. Have a great day!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement