LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 2 year anniversary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 year anniversary
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 9 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been 2 years this week since I started to battle lyme: The losses have been extensive. I had to go out on full disability,give up my apt, sell most of my possessions, move in with parents 2 hours away from what was home, and have loss eyesight and the ability to drive.I wonder what the future will bring with this already behind me. Just needed a cheer up gang! Thanks for listening.......

SmileyCentral.com

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
serendipity
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi iceskater,
I have been thinking about you.

The two year anniversery for me was a hard moment, reflecting back on what I too had lost. I've had to accept with lyme that I can't set the time frame for when I will be better and start building a new life.

It does happen though. Things started turning around for me around two years, new friends, renewed energy and most importantly hope.

Posts: 628 | From the south | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skater-Good luck. Tick Borne diseases are horrible. Keep trying and something will help.

I have never been able to understand why so many have to suffer with this Hell, but someday there will be a cure or a better way thru. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish you well soon.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing you great progress in this your third year of fighting tick borne illness! We need to stay as strong and positive as possible, and look towards the future. I have lost so much to years of untreated lyme disease, so I understand how you feel. This board has been great support in the struggle. Take care and be well [hi]

PS: love your skater logo!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
skater, until you see it in writing of ALL the things lyme has taken from you/us; we are in disbelief.

when my only sis was going thr chemo 2nd time around after being 6.5 yrs. CANCER FREE. she started losing her eyesight. they adjusted her chemo dosages and it came back. otherwise another doc told her it was gone.

praying that god will RETORE YOUR SIGHT in near future my friend. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skater,
I hope this is the year that you and I both heal!

I'll be praying for both of us!

It does get a little old though! I haven't worked in21/2 yrs, and I feels like such a burdon to my family. I'm suppose to be the mom! Fortunately the kids are all grown, well youngest is 17, but he's recovering from lyme better than me. He gets it.

Hubby is great, and pays all the medical bills! there are tons! I feel like a human leach! Like I'm giving nothing to the family sometimes.

But I'm planning to heal this year! just like last year, and the year before....maybe I'll make it this time. I hope you do too!

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calling all Magic Acorns here-we need a warm fuzzy to cheer us up! [Smile]

I'm coming up on my first anniversary-of treatment, who knows how long for having lyme.
Big meeting with LLMD today.

Have you had a Spect scan Iceskater.
PS-our church youth group took the kids indoor iceskating yesterday.Several of them congregated in the middle of the rink and put on their own exhibition-with lots of falls and laughter and renewed efforts . It was fun to watch.

Love, Carol

AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya the aniverseries can be hard...

not just the aniversies of getting sick (over 19 years for me)

or becoming disabled (over 6 years for me)

but other things like birthdays can be hard too sometimes.

Here's hoping we both start counting the anniverseries to when we got well

and could pursue our intended carreers

and have our own place and life REAL soon [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, iceskater. Never give up!!! I lost my home, my job, my life as I knew it. Now I'm doing great. It CAN happen!!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad that you have us to listen to you vent. the losses can be terrible. let's hope by next year you'll be gaining back all of what you've lost. i hear you.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice skater,

I am sorry it has be soo hard.

I am enjoying a sudden boost of recovery after 2yrs of treatment. I did not have it as bad as you, but lots of nuero and cognitive and pain.

Our visiting nurse, who treats lyme patients extensively, told us 2yrs ago that many of these patients felt awful, then one day it was different.

I think it will get better, but you have a right to grieve.

char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice Skater we've got to talk. Here have a nice cold cyber beer with me.

-

We can go for a walk and find a nice Oak Tree to sit under. We can lean our backs on the trunk and wonder at the beauty of it all. We can collect some Magic Acorns for our selves as each one is a pure magical gift.

-

I had my Tenth Anniversary of being diagnosed in October of 2006. It was awful for me too. I was pregnant when I got lyme and was diagnosed. It was painful beyond all imagination and I worried about losing my baby everyday until he was born. Then I got to worry about us both, and I have never ever stopped worrying about my little nut.

As for personal losses I also suffered. I was an entertainer and had my own thriving children's entertainment company. Also I was a working actress doing theater and soaps in New York.

I was not able to do this anymore. My juggling had made me quite a nice living and even gave me my much needed break into television. I can still juggle but my shoulders no longer can support it for very long. I was washed up and folded up my company.

What to do? I stayed home for awhile and did sporatic shows for a dinner theater company. That kept me sane and active in my field. However, my goals no longer excited me anymore. Lyme had sucked the life out of my living.

Then someone who has become so important to me and my life as it is now told me something I so needed to hear. They said "I think you could do anything you put your mind to." It was magic to my ears. This person said what I needed to hear when I needed to hear it. Because they were someone I admired I ran with it. Heck if he could believe in me maybe I could do it.

Lyme or no lyme I'd rebuild myself. I went back to school and studied my butt off. I graduated and today I have a new career.

Lyme had taken everything I knew and all my dreams with it. Then the kindness of someone else helped me to find new dreams to hope for, and new goals to strive for and reach.

It is because of the kindness of someone else that I hang around here hoping someday that maybe something I type out here helps someone.

I am not the same person I was before contracting Lyme. I also had to grieve for all I had lost. But now all these years later I can say with sincere conviction I am a better person than I was before.

My family motto is "From a tiny acorn grows a mighty oak." It is so true. Please find yourself some acorns and keep them around. On a window sill, in your purse, in your car ash tray.

Keep the acorn as a symbol of your own inner tree reaching for new heights as you grow from all you are enduring now. Lyme is nothing but a tree ring in your life. Remember that sometimes the rings will be small and sometimes they will be wide depending on if you are waxing or waning with your Lyme.

Cut yourself some slack and be kind to yourself. It is a journey and you will make it and you will arrive at your final destination better and stronger for having taken the trip.

Here is a Magic Acorn just for you.

-

I hope to see you skating through life and happy once again real soon.

-

[ 12. March 2007, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: MagicAcorn ]

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so vey sorry of the struggles pain and loss you have to go threw. It's so not fair [Frown]

You still are a wonderful, kind, generous, giving, loving person. And I am so happy to know you.

Here's some cyber ((((hugs))))
and wishing & praying for better days ahead for you

Your friend always [kiss]
Dana

"hope is the bird that sings while the dawn is still dark"

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACORN, thank you so much for sharing so many things about your BEFORE LYME life that i hadn't read before. very well said my friend.

we're lucky you stayed around here bringing grins/laughter to us when we needed it most too! thanks for coming over to cheer up my online friend, skater!

acorn, my best to you and son! thanks for all you do here on the board as well! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi skater,

So sorry to hear you are not doing better. [group hug]

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement