LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Our Squirrel is having surgery... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Our Squirrel is having surgery...
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Friends,

Tomorrow, our dear Magic Acorn will undergo some pretty major surgery.

Please join me in sending prayers and well wishes to our favorite Secret Squirrel.

We adore ya, Little Nut...and are holding you close in our thoughts and hearts for the best of possible outcomes.

Thanks so very much in advance,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Magic,

I know you will come sailing through.

I am sending you healing thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Magic one...
I want to say "exactly what Melanie said!"

only with a picture
 -

Oops, it took me so long to find the picture I didn't see Geneal's post. Ha, what she said, too! [Big Grin]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Magic,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure the local squirrels will jump on whatever trees are near your hospital room and give you chirps of encouragement.

[group hug]

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry Magic- I've got just the nurse for you.

-

Cobby

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear magic

I will keep you in my prayers & thoughts [group hug]

Goodluck tommorow with your surgery & I hope you can have a speedie rcovery [group hug]

hugs [kiss]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing and hoping for the best!!!

Hope you don't wake up with duck feathers stuck between your teeth!!! Yowie!!!

And be sure they hang up that squirrel outfit so it doesn't get wrinkled! We want you back with us as pretty as ever!!!

Will say a prayer and send it your way.. dear nutzo!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so touched! And not just in the head [Big Grin] but in the heart also.

I love you guys and you thoughts and prayers will get me through tomorrow.

It is nice to go to bed now knowing others were thinking about me.

I am blessed. Thanks

[kiss]

Acorn

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it goes as well as can... let us know.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

I will be thinking good thoughts for your radiant health tomorrow and every day after tomorrow. May your life be filled with much magic and an abundance of all good nuts.
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope all goes well and a quick and painless
recovery.

i need somebody to pick on here.

-

love docdave [kiss]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Acorn,

My best wishes for a speedy recovery! Will keep you in my
thoughts.

[group hug]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope all goes well*)!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, what a perfect squirrel!!

Best wishes, Magic. I'll be praying for you. I hope you have someone who can let us know how you're doing post-surgery.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sending lots and lots of prayers your way little acorn lady....

[kiss] [group hug] [kiss]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
acorn, just read this blurb about you; have lost track of your health issues with my last 2 weeks off board due to surgery. boy, we've sure had a lot of us going thru surgery; haven't we?

acorn, my friend, God will bring you thru this, and help correct whatever problem you are having. I'll be thinking and praying for you today for COMPLETE SUCCESS!

i too hope one of your friends will post after surgery updating us on our precious SQUIRRELY friend who just has the cutest photos I've ever seen and laughed at! [lol]

stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watch out for cobby's nurse, hope you don't get her. nurse Kratchit

-

docdave [kiss]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Magic One,

Hope everything is going well for YOU,,,I am always a dollar late and a day short!!

Dont know where I been, must have got lost!!

Yes, indeed , hurry back, it just isnt the same without our most famous poster!!(with such a shiny chest)

Oh I member where I was,,,at the dentist office getting the bad....news!!!

Hope all your ills are little ones..being I remain--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm late finding this also.....take care of yourself our little shine--ing squirrel!!

Like Tin said, keep away from those duck feathers-!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending healing thoughts and hoping your surgery went perfectly.

Wishing you a super speedy recovery for the super squirrel. [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalysT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalysT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MagicAcorn - Hope your surgery goes over well, and a speedy recovery!

--------------------
"You know, the worst, meanest, nastiest, ticks in the world are politicks," - Steve Nostrum

Posts: 242 | From South NJ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any news about nutzo today?

Waiting to hear something.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been fretting about our Acorn too....knowing that she's in for a bunch of discomfort from this. Does anybody know how she's doing? Don't know if that procedure's outpatient or if they kept her in the hospital. Hope she's not in a lot of pain.

hugs for Acorn...we want you back quick

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Wishes Magic,hope everything went well for you

Take care your friend Cassie [kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, I hope everything went well as can be and we'll hear something soon.

Feel better Acorn and come back to us soon. [kiss]

Dopey Lymebrain (I'm speaking for myself) forgot to find out how to find out. [Frown]

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn,
Here's hoping that your recuperation will be swift and uneventful!

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm late too, but hope it's gone without a hitch.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh My! Oh My! Oh My!

The surgery took two hours. I kept going in and out because you must be conscious. I thought it was fifteen minutes turns out it was two hours.

The valium and halcion .25 kicked my butt, and then about twenty different novacaine injections and some novacaine with a liitle cocaine for the left nasal passage.

For those who do not know I am having my jaw reconstructed from the inside out. This was a second operation. The first required chiseling bone from my mandible and synthetic materials to graft onto what liitle of my maxilla was left.

This operation involved more grafting, and lots of bolting permanently into place what was done last surgery plus the placement of titanium screws for the eventual replacement of my teeth. I have none right now.

When I tell folks I'm having oral surgery they usally say its nothing you'll be all right. I just chuckle (I can't even move my face right now) because they have no clue. I'm not talking root canal I'm talking harvesting bones from other parts of my body.

I still need to do the bottom jaw which will require the removal of one of my ribs unless I wish to use a cadaver bone (I refused a cadaver bone last time and I think I'll refuse again). I chose taking part of my mandible. This is serious surgery. Anyone who thinks reconstructive or cosmetic dentistry is nothing is in for a shock.

I can not believe the whole thing. I would recommend anyone who is considering any kind of cosmetic or reconstructive surgery to research it until you know more than the one doing it.

I had no choice. An bicycle accident as a child has haunted me ever since. It could no longer be ignored as I no longer have a jawbone. The cost of this surgery is unbelievable. So far dental coverage has paid for x-rays and my partials.

I've had bone grafts, MRI's, etc. and they have covered nothing. This is medically necessary and I may appeal after I'm all done, because it is not fair. This one quadrant of upper maxilla has cost me $12,300.00 and I haven't any implants yet.

This was more to let everyone know what I had done. Yes it was major surgery but it was not a life threatening one. Well actually there is a real good reason to suspect I have carotid artery disease now from the poor state of my teeth. There is a real link between teeth and the prevention of strokes.

I need to rest now. I will respond to everyone in a little bit. It felt so nice to see these sweet responses.

After my nap I'll write more.

[kiss]

Acorn

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sending you so much love and lots of healing thoughts, wonderful magic lady!!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Little Nut!!!

I was so happy to see you here, and to know that things went as well as could be!

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us- we really DO care for you along with all of our LymeNet family!

Please do rest as much as possible, and know that you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear the surgery went well (though grueling), and appreciated the info about what you were doing.

You take care, heal, and know we're all here rooting for you!

ANdie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Rest up, magic one! [kiss]

Thank you for taking the time to update us so quickly.

Sending you rapid healing energies and wishes for good naps in the process.

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

Ouch ouch ouch!!! EEEKKKKKK!!!!

I think I just want to say ..

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!

Your gonna need those jaws to crack some acorns open this winter... so mend well and know I am sitting here going ouch ouch ouch...

JUST FOR YOU!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magic,

Thank you for updating us. Wow, it does sound grueling.

But as Tincup says, you need those strong squirrelly jaws to chomp open those acorns!

I hope you can get some rest.

Jill

--------------------

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you poor baby! [Frown]

I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. I suggest skippiing the mixed nuts tonight and go with butter pecan ice cream. [Smile]

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouhie! Thats sounds just horrible Magic [group hug]

I hope you can feel better soon [kiss]

ps don't skimp on the pain meds [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh!!!

I cant imagine how painful that must be.

I hope it heals quickly.

I am sorry that insurance hasnt been helpful. Hope you appeal and win .(How can they say having a functional jaw isn't medically neccessary)

Sending lots of healing thoughts [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarahL
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending healing vibes your way, hon!

Hubby had reconstructive jaw surgery when he was a teen and just from what he's said, I know it's a rough road!

Bless your heart! I'll definitely be thinking of you and hoping for quick healing and cooperative insurance! [Wink]

Gentle hugs,
Sarah

Posts: 91 | From East TN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Dear Miss Melanie, with all you have been going through yourself you remembered my surgery. It did me good though all the well wishes, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And the Late Night Saturday Gang - True, Carol, Charlie, Don, and sometimes Mel. Thanks gang. Charlie you don't post nearly enough anymore and I love your wit. Maybe I can pop in for a bit I'll see how I feel.

TC if you ever saw my face you wouldn't be using the word pretty. I look like a squirrel with mumps. Not a very pretty sight.

Doc Dave I know you pick on me only because you like me.

To everybody else Meg, Tutu, Cassie, dana, catalyst, Jill, Cobby, Robin, Vanilla, Geneal, betty (I hope you are doing better too.), Azure, hopeful, Andie, tothepoorhouse, and Sarah your good thoughts and prayers really did make me feel good.

I chuckled at quite a few. For some reason being called nutzo wasn't insulting and made me laugh. Well honk, becasue I still can't move my face. The left side of my face hurts and looks like have a baseball in my cheek. It hurts even above my eyebrow. So I sort of honk when I laugh.

True the Snoopy and Woodstock picture is so cute I am saving that.

You guys are the best.

[kiss]

Acorn

--------------------
 -

Tincup
Member # 5829

Our little squirrel said..

"So I sort of honk when I laugh"

Soooooooooooooooooooo.. now we know the TRUTH!!!

You REALLY went in for plastic surgery!!!

For some strange reason you wanted to change from a cute little squirrel and become a GOOSE?

Silly you!!!

Silly goose!

Feel better Ms. Goose in squirrels clothing!

Honk honk honk!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, Anybody that doesnt think that is MAJOR surgery needs their noggin checked. Thanks for the updates,,you know we ALL care,,its just the way we are.since ib--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you are home...hope you aren't in too much pain.

Are you on a liquid diet right now?

Continuing to send you healing thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH Little Nut,

I am SO happy to see you here and doing well. I know it will take months of recovery and you aren't through yet, but I am happy that this part is done.

For better or for worse, we are all in this together, and I care very deeply about every one in our lymenet family.

But, I can not take credit for the post...

you see, I have a little BlueBird of happiness that helps me out SO much and whispers reminders in my ear [Smile]

Continue to take special care of yourself!

Much love,
M

Vanilla
Unregistered

May everything heal quickly!
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh -- that's some ordeal -- you are a trooper -- I think no hard nuts for you right now -- only very very soft ones

You know, when I had head surgery many years ago, I thought I'd circle 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice menu items. Well, the cafeteria thought I was ordering 1 of that, 2 of this and 3 of that one -- in every food category and for every meal that next day after surgery. the tray that was brought in could have fed a zoo.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

well little squirrel, no more nuts for you in quite some time.
you'll probably find the hip will hurt more than the jaw.
i have done 2 of these procedures in my residency
and it is a very major surgery, no joking

at the time we did the surgery, we wired the 2 jaws shut for 8 weeks.
i think they stopped that procedure, but
hambuger milkshakes are discusting.

make sure you drink lots of ENSURE to keep you electrolytes in balance, plus easy to drink

talk to me prior to doing the lower jaw i may be able to give you more options.

at least you will be able to chew in 6-8 months
don't thinks acorns will be on the menu for
quite some time.

hope you have a quick recovery

hugs
docdave [kiss]

trueblue
Member # 7348

Hang in there Acorn! I'm thinking of you and hope it heals faster then we think. Ok, or even the pain is less or something. Gosh, I'm bad at this. [Roll Eyes] Please know I'm pulling for you, k?

Much love and many hugs,
 -

And my stolen Snoopy hugging Woodstock is your stolen Snoopy hugging Woodstock... [Big Grin]
(I have a x-stitch pattern of this, actually I think it's the same only sitting, it's one of my favorites to make and give as a fridge magnet.)

--------------------
more light, more love

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just dropping in to let you know I was thinking of you.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn!

I hope you are feeling okay. That sure does not sound like fun! I made you something to cheer you up. [Smile]

-

Cobweb
Unregistered

-

You don't look so bad Magic!

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
acorn, my heart goes out to you for all the pain you have been and are going thru with your major jaw surgery! OUCH plus.

thanks for updating us all. please appeal and don't back off after you have recovered enough to do this.

praying that thigns will go the way they are supposed to go now! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my dear Magic Nut.......I did not know you were having upper jaw surgery!! [Frown]

But deary I have an inkling what it's like....I had a skiing accident in 1997 and had 6 fractures to my lower mandible also severed the main nerve, but most of that did re-grow back. My first outcome was not so good.......my uppers and lowers did not even come close to hitting each other when I chewed........I was so unhappy [cussing] .......and I probably should have sued the outcome was so horrible.

So I had to go through braces and another jaw surgery in 1999........rebroke my jaw, more titanium screws and plates....yada, yada......but boy the last doc did the great fix!!

Did they boot you out of the hospital already??

Take it easy and drink lots of Ensure!!

Hugs,

Gail

.......remember liquids!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
 -

--------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
indomitable will ~ Gandhi

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laughter certainly has healing properties....

Here's another one!

Healing hugs!

-

Geneal
Member # 10375

Dear Magic,

Thinking of you and praying for your continued recovery......

Hoping you are feeling better.

Hugs,

Geneal

hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, acorn.

sounds terribly painful as well as costly! hope you are doing better today.

prayers your way........

[group hug]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Acorn,

I guess I have been on that other planet I visit from time to time and did not know that you were facing surgery once AGAIN!

I am so sorry to hear this and then I read and find out that you are HOME already. I hope you have some good support so you can order people around and get what you need. [Big Grin]

Honestly, you have endured what would have caused many to just throw up their hands and say "I give up," but since you haven't you are an inspiration to so many of us here. Thank you for that!

Get any good drugs for your pain? If so, USE them. It WILL make a difference.

From one nut to another, sending my love....
Janet

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

acorn, honey; we are all praying for a successful recovery to you from this horrible adventure!

great ... couple more cute squirrel photos for our wonderful acorn! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just checking on nutzo again.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Hey there Little Nut,

I was JUST thinking of you...and wishing I had an operating camera!

I went outside for a couple of minutes, and saw a big Grey squirrel climbing up into my spare tire on the back of my car.

Yes...his mouth was full...and guess where he decided to deposit it?

Well, I suppose the tire wasn't good enough, so he then decided to try a couple places in the overgrown grass. Nope, he wasn't happy with those either...buried and then unburied.

So, of course, the next move was up my stairs- straight at ME and headed for my newly planted pots on the deck!

Some squirrels, like some of us, just never learn! Perhaps it was a good thing I didn't have that camera, because I surely would have dropped it or thrown it! [Smile]

Love ya,
M

trueblue
Member # 7348

I'm thinking of you Acorn but have no squirrel story just now. [Wink]

How's it going kiddo? just checking in...
 -

--------------------
more light, more love

MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

TC, Bluebird, Mel, Whale Cake, Geneal, Cobby, kam, betty, Doc, Janet, hopeful, vanilla, robin, Gail, and last but not least, but just because he is - just don,

Wowzers! Ya all like me! You really like me! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy all over. [group hug]

My mouth is sore for sure, but not as bad as the last time when they removed a piece of my mandible,

Either that, or I am really doing phenomenal in the health department. My facial disfigurement lasted only about 2 1/2 days. It still hurts but I look good. Gee, hum, that sounds familiar? [Roll Eyes]

I talk like I have a rolled up sock in my mouth, but hey it could be worse. It can always be worse.

Some good came out of all this. I haven't smoked a cigarette since Friday at 2:30 PM as I was entering the chamber of horrors for my new acquired hardware to be bolted into place.

Doc if I told you this started in August of 2006 would you believe me? Sure you would. That was the first stage this was the second stage, and then when this is healed one more surgery and I'll finally have a newly constructed upper left maxilla using my own bone for the reconstruction.

It has not been fun but I think I am going to be extremely happy when it is done.

This nutzo is doing all right!

[hi]

--------------------
 -

Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAcorn:
[b]

I talk like I have a rolled up sock in my mouth,

All this time I've been blaming the dryer for eating my socks.
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

quote:Originally posted by MagicAcorn:
I talk like I have a rolled up sock in my mouth,

quote:Originally posted by Cobby:
All this time I've been blaming the dryer for eating my socks.

[lol] [Big Grin] [lol] [Big Grin] [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------
 -

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Magic,

I am so glad to hear that you still have your sense of humor intact, even if everything else is various stages of repair and recovery.

Gee, you must be an infectious doc's dream person - a Lyme patient who can't talk back!!

Keep making great progress, drink almond milkshakes to keep your inner squirrel happy, and know we're rooting for you!!

Jill

--------------------

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAcorn:
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy all over. [group hug]

This nutzo is doing all right!

[hi]

Could it be because you are a squirrel? [Big Grin]
 - <- (Magic Acorn aka SS)

Morocco send his best wishes, as well. [kiss]

--------------------
more light, more love

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course we love you oh cute squirrely one....on the subject of smoking...I got bronchitis and couldn't smoke for a week without gagging. To start again after a week would mean having to endure that evil taste like when we were kids trying to act grown up and cram burning stuff up our faces. I thought 'this is my chance' as I already had seen smoking as a burden rather than a pleasure. I haven't looked back and don't miss it a bit.(well when there's a party and the good cigars come out maybe a bit)

but I won't scold you if you go back to it...scolders are worse than the vices they decry.

hugs from the tobacco free buzzard

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Hi Jill, yeah I still have a sense of humor some kind of how.

Trueblue, I guess that could be it? I never thought about it that way before. Here I thought my heart was getting all whooshy, and it was the fur all the time. You are so smart.

Charlie, thanks I need all the hugs I can get. Charlie you seem to have some cool friends. I was thinking of you today as I saw some sapphire gin advertisement. Maybe the tree spirits will leave me a bottle. Haha! Or maybe I'll just break down and buy myself a bottle.

Chances are I will not be on chat until real late this coming Saturday. Hope you guys are still around I missed you two last week.

--------------------
 -

stymielymie
Member # 10044

now that you look like a squirrel again and not a CHIPMUNK!!!!!!

again repeat lots of ensure 3 times a day.
lots of juice to stay hydrated.
no acorns yet!!!!!!!!

later you may look into your mejor medical if you have it.
it will pay for most of the surgery.
medicare your SOL.

you could always use a blender and gring the acorn to acorn juice,thaT WILL WORK!!!!!

daveeey [kiss]

trueblue
Member # 7348

We'll, wait for you Saturday, Acorn.

I forgot to mention your heart can be whooshy and mushy and still be a warm fuzzy squirrel. Mine is of late sans any squirrelosity. Or maybe I do have some. [Smile]

Big hugs for your continued healing.
 -  -  -

--------------------
more light, more love

bettyg
Unregistered

best wishes that each day acorn finds you getting better and healing from your major surgery! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Betty the two of us could use a good vacation after this. I don't know which is worse not being able to think clear and talk, or not being able to walk. I wish us both continued health.

--------------------
 -

WildCondor
Unregistered

Hi Little Nut...

You sure have been through a lot this week. Good to see you poppin' in to say hello!

I just can't stop laughing about the squirrels.

Hope you are having a good day today!

-

Robin123
Member # 9197

Jill -- lol -- a Lyme patient who can't talk back! Magic -- wishing you continued recovery...
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

WildCondor,

I love your Super Squirrel. Mucho squirrelishness points on that picture. A real keeper there.

I am trying to stay connected and positive. Went to the doctor yesterday and he adjusted my partial, and said it is healing pretty well. However, all my stitches need to stay in another nine days.

My little lymie nut is part of an art exhibition at a University today and I am going. He is only 10 and this is a big deal to him, to his school, and to me as his mom. I will put my teeth in (all six) and pretend I am in a happy place. Unfortunately, I can not walk around with six teeth missing.

Then I am pulling a 2:00 - 12:00 PM at work today and tomorrow. Yes, life resumes and I am far from ready. Luckily this is more of a fun and social type position I'm doing today and tomorrow.

So please keep me in your prayers as I am resuming life full speed because I feel I have no choice. The job this weekend I've had for three years now and I love it. It is not overly demanding, and has social capital no other job could offer me.

I was doing so good and I am so hoping that this dental surgery doesn't upset everything again. Because when I had the bone graft done in the end of July I went into a full blown relapse. It was a nightmare. This time I am taking amoxicillin and so far so good.

I am very proud though because today is day eight of no smoking! That has made me very happy. Someone have any suggestions for a new vice?

So Doc Dave is it really protocol to keep stitches in the mouth for 17 days?

[ 28. April 2007, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: MagicAcorn ]

--------------------
 -

stymielymie
Member # 10044

no,
sure they are not wires???????
weeks is all that is necessary for stiches in mouth.

maybe you got and toothduck.
docdave

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement