LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Week of May 6th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Week of May 6th
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woke up before 4 am Took 2 excedrin at 4 I slept in recliner last night

My eyes have been giving me problems but I think it is because I am using them more than usual.

I also am amazed at my brain and attitude change. It was not long ago that I contacted the local church I have been trying to go to because I was heading towards being one of the lyme stats on the obituaries.

I know this thing waxes and wanes and I am going through a good cycle right now. I just hope it continues.

There are many factors that have pulled me out of the pit. Care of others mostly and not feeling like I am so alone in this and things will not get better.

They got better. I pray they continue to get better and not so overwhelming that dying seems to be the only option.

week of May 6th

don't know if I will be able to go to Bible Study and church or if I should due to energy needed and rare successful rate at attending church.

I do hope to get more help with packing this week. I also hope to sort through more things for keeping, donating, or tossing. I need help on deciding which things to keep, toss and donate.

I lie on the bed and another person helps with bringing me things and taking things away.

This worked for 2 hours recenlty. Amazing. Since I recall it working for about 10 minutes when I tried before I moved here almost 2 years ago.

I pray the car is working and is reliable now and I only need to get routine upkeep on it. I am thankful that Denise is paying for the repairs. I do hope they figure out why it had trouble starting.

I don't know what to do about the power chairs this week. I guess I will make due with what I have for now.

I do pray that Tanya comes tomorrow and gets the kitchen cleaned up and the floors vacuumed and the bathroom cleaned up.

I also pray I have help with finances. I do not want to go over on my account and get the $35.00 service charge. I need someone to help me with keeping the checkbook balanced.

I also need help with food. I spent $75 and it seemed like I just had a couple of tv dinners, yogurt, blackberries, cereal and milk and banana's, toilet paper. I need to be wiser with the grocery money. Food seems to be so costly here. I do know it is cheaper at Walmart. Goat's milk is $3. 19 there and $3.89 at Basha's.

it would be nice to get the speakers working on the new computer this week too. It would be nice to have sound

And I would like to write a letter to Michelle and Kels and Denise and Phyllis and Carolyn.

also pray I am able to get thank you's out and delivered or mailed this week.

My health continues to improve.

I get the samples of provigil if they are going to help me. It seems I need to help the nurse at the primary doctor's office follow through on this.

Last time, I had to make an appointment and see doctor. I may need to do this again.

I also need to get to the pharmacy to get more sleeping meds.

And send a fax to my lyme doc letting him know I took myself off doxy.

I do pray the attorney helps with workmen's comp and it is approved. Can't recall when I talked to him last. He was supposed to get back to me regarding whether or not he would take the claim.

I pray The files get set up this week. This has needed doing since I came down sick In oct. 2001.

I pray I am able to get Rosie to the dog park twice a day.

and I have good lyme friendly food to eat this week.

And I am successful at the water therapy.

I also pray I am able to do the laundry today and put it away or at least get it done. No clean underwear in the house.

Mostly, I am surprised that my mind is working well enough to think like this. I pray it continues and I have more 6 hour days this week with the help of others.

Things that have changed are: I am getting help now. The Jazzy is up and running again..but still needs work on the tires...very rough ride.

This was a gift from others.

Denise donated her old car to me. I am on my third bottle of xango that was a gift from others.

I have a good working computer that was a gift from Doc Dave.

I may finally be getting a power chair that supports my body, has a power recliner and leg lifts and will not break down on me because it is so old.....something I have needed since coming down sick in Oct. 2001.

Kind of not believing this until I see it.

Selling some furniture to pay for the deposit on the new apartment....at least half of the deposit.

Church I have been trying to go to is helping with move. Helps makes a big difference.

Finally heard from disability at work. I am still in the ball game. I am in the final stages. manager sent for something...brain was not working well enough to comprehend.

Still have hope it is approved. But, also know there are many more ahead of me so the pressure is off about checking mail box daily in hopes I hear something.

Was approved for section 8 housing and will be moving into a nicer place soon that has more places within power chair distance.

Mostly, I have hope again and brain is working better and I am getting sleep at night due to sleep pills.

But, medical care is still up in the air.

ID that insurance approved me seeing since they will not accept out of network lyme doc had open heart surgery so appointment is cancelled for about 7 weeks.

Not OK with insurance to see out of network doc but don't know what to do about this. Hoping disability from work will kick in soon so seeing my lyme doc will not be a possible problem.

Getting to see lyme doc is a problem He is out of state. Angel flight makes me sicker.

May be able to drive recently donated car if I stop half way and get a hotel. We shall see.

Not having contact with parents has helped a lot too. Some people make a point of making things worse instead of better. I assume because they are so bitter about life themselves.

Friend helping to pay for Rosie's grooming and food helped too.

Connecting back with lyme community helps too. I started to pull away and was becoming to isolated.

Not saying I will not go through rough time again, but for now things are looking so much better.

No longer crying everyday. Can't even recall why I was tearing up daily or what state of mind I was in then.

Just know I have hope again.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR IN A BETTER STATE ON MIND.

THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN YOUR HEALTH.

so keep on trucking and get yourself better.

when i fly out to see my daughter in tuscon i'll come visit you!!!!!!

we can go out partying, my treat.
bring rosie a present too!!!!

docdave [kiss]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katcon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katcon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kam

I will be praying for you this week.

So glad to hear you are having some improvements.

We will take them any way we can get them.

So thankful for those that are helping you, and I also pray that they will be blessed.

Posts: 175 | From Pa | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katcon,

I, too, am praying those who help will be blessed themselves.

Doc Dave,

It would be very nice if you got a chance to visit.

My idea of partying right now is going to the dog park, putting my feet up and watching the dogs play.

Especially if it is early morning and the sun is just rising and it is a pleasant day out.

I also like hearing the birds sing in the trees and the quiet when I am there and calmness.

Party time would be if this all included an organic latte from Starbucks. HA!

There is lots to do in AZ. Hopefully, by the time you come to visit I will be higher functioning and we will be able to play tourist....especially if I can get my primary doc to order some provigil samples for me.

HA. Just thought. I am going to give the number to my lyme doc. I bet his office will follow through on it. Primary doc seems to have hit a wall.

It is so cool and so new to have the brain working better and be able to think of these things.

I have noticed that state of mind picks up when my state of health picks up too.

[ 06. May 2007, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement