LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » frustrated and needing answers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: frustrated and needing answers
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

Oue computer was down for about a week, but Im back to more reading and wondering.

My whole family is sick. We have had symptoms for 10 years.
I could check off most everything on the vaious lists for co-infections.

Only found out a few weeks ago its definately Lyme and the more I read, the more I know there is co-infection galore.

Called a few LLMD's nearest us and found out there is NO way at this point in time that we can afford to see one.

Insurance we have is about as useful and the ducks we have.

No out of network coverage for abx., tests and most anything else for this.

Ditto for getting treatment even through regular ducks.

No positive test/ no treatment....even for son's obvious to the duck arthritis.

Then the worst....

Husband pulls a tick off his arm last Monday.
Not only got the rash, but all the bells and whistles.
Fought with the ducks office, I gave up and sent Husband to a walk in clinic.

2 weeks worth of doxy and thats it.

I do not know what else to do.

I cannot belive that I live in the USA and I cannot get ANYTHING to help my husband or son!!

I do not know where to even begin to look for homeo. remedies.

I have a book whose prtocol has helped us before, but its very general.
[Ph Miracle]

I know there are alternatives out there, but I also know there is alot of bad info mixed with the good.

For instance, found an herbal 'bible' that had some very baaad lyme info in it.

If the info on lyme was bad, I do not trust their 'remedy'

My son is having issues with
his eyes...vision changes almost day to day, pain behind his eyes, headaches galore.
Cognitive....short term memory. concentration issues, getting stuff backwards and not finding the right words.
Stomach.....cramps after he eats anything.
Lime water seems to help and nothing with white flour, fried foods are bad. Greens are a hit or miss and trying elimination to see what produces less symptoms because it ALL hurts him.

And of course the daily stuff with sleep, fatigue, pain.

The green diet isnt working and I cant fgure out why.
Thats what led me to this site to begin with.

Husband has the major fatigue, sharp pains that are in his hip one day, leg the next.
[this statred with a vengence last week]

The flu symptoms, the hot and coldness and cognitive issues that are not going away.

I got desperate last week and he started taking our DOG's doxy until we could find a duck to give him more.

Ive got my own issues, but my boys come first!
I will say that I can read ALOT better than I can relate it to people.
THATS frustrating!

I give up on getting those in our life to understand, they dont and dont want to listen.
I dont have time to worry about their acceptance.

Other than Lymenet, I have looked and unless I missed something, the only support group is 5 hours from us.

So....I am stuck and I do not know what to do next.
I refuse to accept that I have to watch my husband and son deteriorate and be able to do nothing except watch it happen.

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ks Mom,
I am so sorry to hear of your plight.

Do you have any assets or family that can be used in your quest to head southeast to your local GOOD LLMD!!

I dont know much about this,,,hoping others know more that I!! Are there black market drugs available?? Can you import them from south or north of the border?? How about online from foreign countries. I have 'heard' it can work. But their quality ,,unsure of that!!

Nothing at all isnt going to work very well for you,,,obviously. One word,,,YOU need treated also,,,your family needs you as healthy as YOU can get to help them,,,otherwise they are going to be helping YOU!!

So if you can find some,,divide the abx 3 ways and buy more. I cant imagine being in your shoes, can you all take doxy?? Without burning to a crisp?? Try getting all the cheaper older generic drugs you can get. The newer ones cost alot more!!

Hope things work out for you,,,least being properly informd is a much better situation than starting from scratch info wise.

You still have some options, just get it done. We are ALL cheering for YOU and your family,,,let us know how its coming for you,,,we all CARE!!!being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No assets [havent been in our home long enough to consider it an asset to borrow against]

IRAs wiped out before we moved here. [spent on tx when we thought it was mold related]

Family is a no go.
Unless its a duck certifiable condition, they wont listen or offer to $$ help.

Local duck wont even look at our old records and wouldnt look at the detailed symptom list we gave her.

PA duck had the right ideas, but bad lyme info when he started giving us Biaxin and Flagyl. about 3 months and ins. said no more.

Z-Pack for munchkin.

It was working!
Then we found out why you dont stop abx once you start.

Feels like I am playing beat the clock with Husband and the 2 week 'cure'

I would consider black market if someone who has been around the block a few times would PM the info.
You are right about the quality....its a big concern considering whats been in the news lately.

I like what I read on LLMD's site and always felt the best approach was a combo of abx and natural.
It started working before.

I am greatly concerned about the cognitive/neuro stuff thats not going away though.

I come off sometimes as rude and unintelligent, but I am not that way. Just really horrible at expressing myself.
So, I apologize ahead of time if I am coming across like that.

Still not used to the idea that people here understand that completely.

Great info here and I know I am just scratching the surface, but have to say it feels great to be someplace where there are answers.

I am used to doing all the research alone and with no support.
I know I need help this time because of all thats going on with us.

Thanks for listening [Smile]

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about trying the herbal approach? You can take high doses of Cats Claw, Pau D' Arco, Oil of Oregano, Olive leaf Extract, Rhodiola, Sarsaparilla Root and others. They are all pretty much inexpensive.

You can look into the Bunher Protocal and at least your doing something to treat it.

Here some links to herbs:

Cats Claw

Pau D' Arco

Olive Leaf Extract

Oil of Oregano

Rhodiola Rosea

Sarsaparilla

Good Luck,
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Thanks!

Looks like Im going to be doing alot more reading over the next few days. [Wink]

Already doing detox teas with a bunch of herbs.

Just need to find a right combo and which herb is good for what thing.

ks mom

just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ks mom,
I 'heard' that z-packs are available south of the border. Just have to find a way to get them.

Is anybody 'employed' at your house?? Work insurance?? Income to pay for 'some' cheapo drugs??

IF the good LLMD(We have talked about) would give you a dx would that help with family help?? IF your parents,family, whoever, could go WITH you to first appointment,,,that would be convincing.???

Can you use lymedad's letter to parents and relatives posted 'someplace' here abouts,,,to help get family on board??

Boy I am grasping here, just have to FIND a way!! ANY ideas, on your part??

Can you 'appeal' your sxs with your insurance and get them to cover 'in ' out of network because they cant cover it in network???

IF you cant find ANY other way, look in to a short sightseeing trip over the border. Buy all you can carry back so you dont have to make too many trips.

IF 'some' treatment and improvements made,,,can more people work in your household to make it work better dollar wise??

Do you qualify for SS disability?? Anybody else at your house??(That takes a LONG time to get approved tho, start soon if your going that way!! Find other things to get approved for besides what it is!

Can you get treated by local doctors or find one that WILL treat 'if' you call it "Clymidia (sp)Pnuemonia(sp)"?? others have done that, same results.

Any way to 'live' cheaper, to free up more $'s for treatment??
Wishing and hoping for YOU,being --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Husband works a decent job with insurance that covers basically nothing.

He intends on fighting insurance on this.

We are going to switch appointment dates and go from there.

As much as I love the family....they are the type that if they can't see or haven't gone through it themselves, then they are highly skeptical.

ks mom

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome belated! i've been off the board for 1 month due to hip replacement surgery.

so i will be sending you a LENGTHY private message, pm, with my 52 pages of newbie info:

links, advise, symptoms, western blot igm/igg, DISIABILITY SSDI INFO GALORE OF 25+ PAGES, INFO ON NEEDY FAMILIES ....MEDS, ETC .

you love to read; good, because this will be OVERWHELMING, but skim it first ok to note what might be in here to HELP YOUR FAMILY SITUATION.

some of the questions you asked are in here...

also look for MINOUCAT'S disability info; she has LOTS OF OTHER GOOD INFO that i feel would pertain to your family situation.

when i see LYMEDAD'S LETTER TO FAMILY/FRIENDS, i will copy it here for you to print out, copy to your word processor, and to send to family/friends by email.

WE ARE YOUR NEW LYME FAMILY; you don't have to drive anywhere! we are here 22/7 ... 2 hrs. no one on in 4-6 am area....

i'll send this stuff now before i forget.

this is a wonderful, caring bunch; we're here to help you out and your lyme family. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement