LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My Grandfather passed away

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Grandfather passed away
Member # 11684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 088.81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My grandfather passed away on Tuesday morning. The lymphoma was just too far advanced when they found it just two weeks ago.

My grandmother is going to live with my mom (who is just a mile away from me). I plan on spending my days with her while everyone is working. She hasn't been alone in 66 years and I'm worried about her. She's lost her husband and home (they lived five hours away and she does not want to be alone) all at once.

We are Cherokee and do not observe a traditional southern funeral/wake/service. We had our gathering circle with only immediate family last night and it was a wonderfully personal way to honor him.

I'm back on my Doxy now and re-introducing my other pills now. My iron and Vit d3 pills seem to help my energy and the last two days I've had an afternoon nap, which is just essential for my sanity. I'm about to start armour thyroid med and am hoping that will also help.

How in the world did my body keep going during all those days of nonstop going? I don't know. As soon as my mom said she didn't need anything from me, I collapsed and slept. I guess we just do what we have to and ignore everything else.

Most of you know that I was dx by Dr. C the day before my mom called and told me my grandfather had lymphoma. We were on the 10 hour drive home, actually. It all seems like a whirlwind. I'm just now really starting his protocol and beginning to refocus on my health again. I'm just hoping for calm and healing (emotional and physical) now.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and thoughts. It meant so much to me.

Love,
Sarah

Posts: 10 | From Knoxville, TN | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah,
I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you and your family are at peace about your grandfather's passing.

I know you will draw your strength from a Higher Power. Hugs to you and your family during this time of mourning. [group hug]

Lymetoo

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sarah,

I grieve for your loss as well as the loss for your family.

I am so sorry.....

My great-grandmother was a Cherokee as well.

I don't know much about the traditions, but think a family gathering sounds so supportive.

Let us know if you need anything.

I will continue to pray for you and your family during this most difficult time.

I know your grandfather is in a better place no longer in pain.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry Sarah. I will pray for peace for your gradfather and your family.

God Bless!

[group hug]

Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah,
Sending condolences to you and your family, and especially your mother and grandmother.

There will be a lot of adjustments for y'all to make, but with close family ties, you'll support and help each other through these difficult times.

Take care of yourself as you resume treatment.
May you be blessed with the strength you need.

Lots of concern and support to all of you.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my heartfelt sympathies to your entire family!
may you find some sympathy poems here that i've collected and made available; the link is in treepatrol's and my BETTYG newbie llinks/advise.

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

``SYMPATHY'' POEM COLLECTION by BettyG
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014207

[ 23. March 2008, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry- and I am glad you are going to be there for her. She will need you!!!!!!!! SO much- you are a good granddaughter!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you-
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to you and your family through out this time.

SmileyCentral.com

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. My heart goes out to you and your family

Take care your friend Cassie [kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement