LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My Lyme dr is closing his practice inCO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Lyme dr is closing his practice inCO
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Dr M here in Colorado Springs CO. He has been pretty sick himself lately with health issues that are not directly related to Lyme disease. He suffered quite badly from Lyme himself and thats why he went into practice.

Well he is getting older and his health isn't totally great due to some lung issues from an embolism he had. He and members of his staff have tried desperately to find another dr to take over the large practice but I guess there is no interest in it. So the end of July he will be shutting down his practice.

Very discouraging. Where am I supposed to go now? Im feeling ok most days-having a bad flare up right now but its alsot that time of month. Sorry I have been a terrible poster on here lately-do think of everyone quite often though.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nancy,

I'm so sorry to hear this, both for your sake, and for others. I and others had referred someone with ALS that we suspected was Lyme to Dr. M. and he is doing so much better.

If you want info on California practitioners feel free to PM me. You could do an initial apppointment in person then do some follow-up phone consultations - some will do that for out-of-state patients.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nancy, so sorry to read about this, and most importantly HIS HEALTH IS BAD also! [Frown]

what other state would you like to go to? please post in SEEKING DR. section, with the states you desire, and we'll get names off to you! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickandtiredofbeingsandt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickandtiredofbeingsandt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nancy,
I just talked to his office yesterday. I had to move my last appointments around. Anyway, I asked what is the latest on their closing and was told that Dr. M is working on a list of doctors that are willing to take his referrals. Unfortunately, they will not be in Colorado.

At this point I do not know what I will do either. I can't afford to travel very far. I was going to take abx as far as I could go with it then switch to natural remedies.

I had hoped to be on abx for at least a year, maybe two. I have been in treatment for 6 months. I might be going the natural route sooner than I anticipated if I can't find a doctor close enough to go to.

It's a wait and see situation.

--------------------
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Posts: 185 | From Colorado | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nancy, it's good for hear from you. I've been thinking about you and wondering how your tummy troubles were going. Glad to hear things are a bit better. Hope you can find a suitable LLMD to keep up the good care.

Best,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys for the reply. I am talking to him on the phone next week so I will see what he recommends that I do from here. Im having a horrible, horrible flare up right now (its really hard to use my right arm and hand).

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there a doc in SS, CO?
There used to be!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what, I am not sure if there still is a dr in SS Colorado or not-have to check into that.

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement