LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Things that I have helped with the lyme journey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things that I have helped with the lyme journey
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am exhausted and telling myself it will be Ok over and over today and it is just 7:45 am.

I thought it might help to post things that have helped each of us on this journey.

One reason I am having a rough time of it is I have been on my feet too much lately. I am in the process of moving so there is no room for my power chair in the apartment right now.

I also just received a car and do not have a way to transport my power chair so I have been trying to be on my feet the short distance from the car to the apartment and visa versa.

It is not working out well.

So...

1. The outdoor Jazzy 1100 power chair that was donated to me and recently repaired via collections from the lyme community has been a big factor in allowing me to get outdoors and make life more do able.

2. My service dog Rosie is a big factor in keeping me going.

3. Help from others...hate to admit this but it is essential. Help with packing, moving, household chores, grocery shopping, balancing checkbook, emotional support,

4. Wow. Having a good working computer. I go down hill very quickly if I am not able to connect to others with lyme or just be on the computer to take my mind off of the lyme.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. friends to talk to and who run errand for me
2. a neighbor who fixes things around my house
3. But most of all, faith in God is what has helped me.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8901 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is helping the most at the moment is this community.

We have no support IRL and just knowing that people genuinely understand has done more to help us than even txs.

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving is so exhausting and stressful when you aren't sick or feeling poorly.

I am so glad that you have some help.

Don't over do it....It's not worth it.

God knows your needs.

At the end of the day you should get an award for just making it...

Here's to you Kam....You get the energizer bunny award...Despite everything..

You just keep going and going and going.

You are one strong and determined lady.

Hang in there.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers and hope for better things to come.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three things keep me going;

God

Hope

Love [kiss]

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) My doctor gets almost all the credit for keeping me going. If it wasn't for the abx when I needed them I have no idea where I would be today, or if I would be today.

2.) The Saturday night chat gang have really become a staple in my life and a highlight of my week. I love you guys.
[group hug]

3.) My fighting spirit. I'm one tough bird when I need to be.

4.) A mental mind flip tip. As I leave my house I must look at myself in a fan shaped mirror. The shape reminds me that I am my #1 fan every time I leave the house and face the world. I really must like myself even if I don't always like who I am with lyme.

5.) Continuing to set goals for myself.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We shall overcome!
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things that help with the lyme journey:

Lymenet( alot), my computer to talk to my lyme friends, supportive doctor,my cats who unconditionally love me, parents that I now live with.

Hope( friends have a lot to do with this).

Hang in there and dont overdo!! Glad that you have help with your move.
SmileyCentral.com

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends at Lymenet!!

kam....your PM box is full!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement