LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I just gotts vent a moment...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just gotts vent a moment...
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellooooooo,

Sometimes I guess folk just don't listen,or maybe they don't care???

We've told our church folk,several times,the importance of us having a day off. Our day is Monday,and I am getting badgered about how I should be at the Monday study...again...

Sorry ain't happenin', waht part of NO,we need one day aweek off,do they not get??

NO,NO,no,no,no...MOnday's our day off, and even then we go to teh hopsital, old folks homes etc.if there's an emergency.

TxCoord[hubby] also works as a counselor for at risk youth,Tuesday thru Sat. ANd does two Sunday services,and a Wednesday study,as the minister here. We need this time...

Shheeesh,I have such a headache...sorry but I needed to vent again....BBL Love Silverwolf in Slippers again...

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he should do a sermon on keeping Holy the Sabbath ... that it's a day of rest and rejuventation that's good for the soul. If it's essential to work on Sunday, then you should take another day for rest. For you, it's Monday because as a minister, he HAS to work on Sunday!

Even the Communist regimes learned that people couldn't live when they worked 7 days per week. God knew what he was doing when he made it a Commandment to have a day of rest... and He was the first to set the example when He rested on the seventh day. [Smile]

People can be frustrating.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What part of being on call 24/7 do you not like!!?? [Big Grin]

sixgoofy has a good point....put it in a sermon!

Take care and get some rest!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreeed. Take care and get some rest!!!

SmileyCentral.com

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellooooo <<<<< SixgoofyKids,Lymetoo,and Iceskater >>>>>,

I don't know what's w/ our Church folk right now,many are farmers/ranchers etc. and very precious,as well as giving.They are in the situation where there's stuff that has to be done ev'ryday.And sadly they don't/can't rest enough,thats why we get calls about strokes,serious accidents etc.Hmm, [Maybe a sermon on '6 days shalt thou labor and do all thy work,and on the 7th thou shalt rest' is what the Dr. ordered.SGK,I like your style!!!

Uh...but, seems they're a mite stubborn at times.Tho't we had this all settled. TxCoord's gonna have a talk...a 'Come to Jesus Meetin' Sunday.

LOL [Big Grin] L2, about the 24/7 bit,le's'seee uh...Lyme and co-infectants,is what I don't like about being on call...I cain't bless-ed think,no snappy cutbacks[ [Embarrassed] er uh comebacks]'cause ah can't sleep,er even when I do 'sleep'.

Iceskater,love the little dove,that's pretty!!!

Honestly,I don't mind 2:30 a.m calls,I was having a waking nightmare prolly anyhow...ya know. I don't mind visits to the hopsital to comfort folk [lawzy i can't spell gotts' hopsital...uh gotts headache thats for sure].

Oh the perfidy...pastors and their wives are human...waht ever shall we do??? OOO ooo Mr. Kotter,I know...take a break once a week...and try to rest.

It's been really crazy around here,company decended that we asked politely,to please wait.Nice company,sweet company,can't see can't drive,so they go a walkin' and almost get hit by a truck [Eek!] .*TxCoord* finally got his schedule rearranged to take them 3 hours to the airport,and barely made it back in time to go to work.

*He's* had to go on heavy duty meds cause his hand swelled so bad he couldn't use it,and we are waiting on lab results to find out if it's more OA,RA,Gout,Lupus,'Duckter by the brook' wouldn't think to check for Lyme Arthritis of course.this got severe w/our company here.

My blood pressure went to 184/103 while company was here.Oh but we don't need to rest. And now we are 4 days behind in cleaning and moving so we can get our home sold. Here I sit at the parsonage...trying to stop me brain from aching and pounding. LLND/MD,haaalllpppppp!!!

An' thets mah loverly vented mess...Thanks for the replies...um shall I recite the family ills list next? Lets see Cancer,Wegeners disease,Mycoplasmic Pnuemonae[sp?] and so on...[ya mean there's more [dizzy] [Eek!] yup theres more] I'll stop right there...stress? what stress...? Just Silvwewolfn having a momentary moan....

[ 24. May 2007, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least you still have your sense of humor! Ya' got me smilin'!

Christ loves you enough to share the cross with you ... not everyone is that fortunate. You get to be Simon of Cyrene at this point in time ... that's the only way to make sense of the suffering and sacrifice you are going through. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< SGK >>>>> I like the tho't about sharing the cross with our Creator!!! Thank you!!!

Did you know that one has to be logged in,to edit or reply? LOL... I don't know why it wouldn't let me edit etc when I wasn't logged in... [bonk] Hmm, wonder if my head would feel better if I whacked it? Nope,still suffering from a minor concussion from a couple years back.T'wont work...

Er yeah lets have some snappy cut backs our snuppy catbacks er sumpin...LOL!

A Merry heart doeth good like medicine Right?! Love SillySilverwolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Believe it or not, it's just a little Catholic theology on suffering. [Smile] It gets me through. Yeah, six kids, Catholic, go figure. LOL

I can see why they want you there on Mondays ... I'm sure your bring along your silliness!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find at times, the more I give, the more people expect.

You would almost think that this work in reverse, like I give then you give.

Mostly it's I give, give, give, etc. until I'm all out of giving.

Then it no longer is a blessing for me to give....it becomes more of a torture program.

I have learned, and more so since Lyme, that it is okay to say "no".

Just "No I can't do that today", "No thanks", "no, I already have plans".

Eventually others do catch on and learn to do things for themselves as well.

Take a deep breath and a good rest. You sound as if you've earned it times ten.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had to learn that when we had epstein barre for three years. We were down at the church 4-5 nights a week doing something "good".

The 23rd Psalms says, "he makes me lie down...."
Sometimes when you become a "human doing", you miss the quiet times with Him.

We had to Lay Down for several years. It's hard for my daughter to understand that, as she is very ill. But, she is learning to trust and depend on Him.

Sometimes, "doing nothing", is some of the most important "something".

Let God use others to minister, don't rob them of that opportunity by doing it ALL(someone had to tell ME that).

Take care of yourself, it's not a sin.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hellooooo Merry Lymer Hearties,

{well you know,Brave people.Lyme Brothers and Sisters, attempting tostaying heartened and doing their best to find humor where they can}.

Well today is the er...Polite,loving but firm 'Come to Jesus meetin'day, hopefully!?!

I am staying here[at parsonage],while TxCoord sermonizes. Yesterday after a meeting w/ our realtor. My ornery right leg let go,of course it didn't see fit to warn me [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] .

One moment I'm getting into the front passenger side of our car,next moment I'm sitting, on the seat belt snap in end, [ya'll know the sharper part].

My right knee is/was paining and not cooperating and my right ankle started its swelling gig yet again.

I braced it lastnight so now its just bruising,and burning,not so swollen].But it burns right up the shin to my calf. [Roll Eyes]

Perhaps its time for more Choleast[redrice yeast],Cortrex,and DHEA [oh well I'm a furry wolf any way...[these ease some of the cholesteral issues[?] a bit and bring the adrenals back to the right levels,evidently one set wasn't enough].

I just don't handle stress well,not even for the good stuff.OY...

I did get a bit of a break Friday,we went to see Pirates,unfortunatly I am still fighting the headache bit...with little speckle spots of light blinkin' before me eyes.

After our insistent company,*SIL* Queen Continuous Gab and Blab w/o Breathing left it's getting better, a little.

[we do love *her dearly but she could talk the legs off a whole brace of mules w/o blinking an eye or drawing a breath].

We may have sold our house,[to keep the theiving mortgage company from getting it by foreclosure].

So now we are to try to get the last of our stuff out [Roll Eyes] [bonk] [I've never had one move take almost ten months 'til now]. I'll be so glad when all this is over.

Some how in the middle of it all, we have to get to Our LLND out of state [about three hours away].

I don't want to tell her that my BP was 184/105 last Monday[prolly why my headache doesn't quit].

Well,typing is making me weary so I'll BBL.

Hugs to all <<<<< Lymers >>>>> from Silly Silverwolf Hidin' In Me Slippers!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Me again, briefly I like the 'He maketh me to Lie down...' easy to forget that part sometimes !

<<<<< 6GK,Geneal,Kelmo.and All'a 'y'all Repliers >>>>> [group hug] Thank You !!!

I'm off, well we knew that right?!! [Big Grin] ...anyway off to rewrap my leg bits... Just Silverwolfn'Stayin' in my Slippers!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wolf, ouch; i feel your pain from your body going out on you! uffda.

hope you keep your legs up taking care of yourself. glad you got your paperwork done...what a chore and packing, etc.

my best to you all; may there be a silver lining somewhere along your pathway now. [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Helloooooo ev'body,

Haven't heard a peep out of the Realtor so we don't know if the house has sold yet [buyer wannabes have 10 business days from May 26 to decide and return yea of nay notice].

My ankle and knee are still tender tho' I am walking carefully,very carefully.

TxCoord had that 'talk' w/ the main perpetrators of 'Why doesn't Sis'SilverWolfn' come to the Monday meetings?'. We'll see what happens.

Admited Lymer Nut that I am,I am going to try a Ladies retreat next Friday June 8th-thru Sunday the 10th. ANd Oops,Oihl well,If I get tired I'll just be missing a couple of meetings,so may a couple of our other gals who have some chronic issues.

I tried last year, before my LD Dx,and was exhausted most of the summer,as I went to all the meetings. We go to a beautiful 'Ranch' w/ both bunk houses, RV and camping areas. We'll be RV-ing this year,and fxing snacks etc. to save some $'s.

I gotta do an errand or two,me an' my collapsible noodle legs,and painful...er ...peaches [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] .so BBL from Silverwolf...puttin' me boots on,so I won't trip I hope...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
silverwolf,
it has been said laughter is the best medicine...

but prayer will always be the answer, even if it is not the answer we so desire..
as cruel as it may sound... Let God's will be done..

as I am finding out Our family has so many lessons being learned and he is teaching them..
and the devil is tempting .. and I have about had enuf..

but God's will be done....Seems other are in need of you more now than God sees fit that you need the break .. he is strengthening you for the road ahead...

M'r:10:30: But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
M'r:10:31: But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

1Pe:1:7: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

need I say more?

God bless you and prayers your way..

Linda D and family too...

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< LivinLyme-Linda D. >>>>> hugs to you and thanks for the Scriptures too honey!!!

I was able to help someone today w/ a continuing health issue.And it is partly because the Lord and Creator has allowed me to go thru this LD mess!

Then the individual shared something special w/ me,that has happened in their family,and it was faith bolstering...even if I still ache everywhere...

Gotta run Hubby,pastor Tx Coord has to print of a couple things... Love to all from Silverwolf in My comfy Tenny'sneakers today!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SW
Glad to hear that your suffering is helping others around you.. we live and learn from ourselves and others.. that is such a gift in and of itself....

Keep the faith.. hold on tightly and don't ever let go...

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lyme-r Sisters and Brothers >>>>> hugs to all!

Jus' an update, I've been getting ready for a weekend retreat,trying to get figured out what to take,and how to stay comfy and safe so I don't hurt myself again. So right now I am relaxing and visiting Lymenet.

I do get kinda bumbed sometimes,but hubby treis to help as much as he can. And he has his own health issues bless him!!!

Hoping to know if the folk who want to buy our home,got their finances from the bank[inspector coming]. Gotta sell before July 10th to avoid foreclosure.

Hubbys knee is still bruised right ugly,but his ankle[opposite leg] seems a bit worse for the wear,since his fall Saturday. [Frown] He said the knee actually doesn't feel as bad as it looks.

He doesn't want to have to go in to the 'Ducktor' so he tries to be extra careful and keep legs up when he can.

I am so much hoping this all works out w/ the house sale... if it did we could at least get out from under that horrid Mortgage company's loan. I will not pay almost a Grand a month for a 2 bedroom,built in 1910. Not in the area that our place is located.

It started out at $425 a month,they claimed we owed an extra month payment,then said it was fine.All the while they were raising our note[stupid sliding ARM loan] we've been fighting this mess since '03.

Having had a couple surgeries between us,no steady work for 6months,hubby was forced out,long story,[and no insurance]. Then finding out last summer that I have LD,and TxCoord had contracted WNV, this all was happening between March of '03 and this year.

Hubbys surgery was thyroid, its all gone now so he is on the medication roller coaster,and almost settled in. Mine was gallbladder,it didn't help as much as we'd hoped,at least its not festering away...it's gone!!!

Course then in the last few years Dad has had esophigial cancer treatments, Mom,surgery and more treatments for Wegners Disease/Granulomatosis,kidney issues and etc.Two siblings ahve also been thru the proverbial mill with health issue.

I try to keep my chin up,w/o hurtin' me neck [lol] ,and not fuss and roan and moan..but every now and again it all kinda gets to me.

Any way...I am blabberin' along here,but wanted <<<<<< all'a'y'all >>>>> to knwo I am glad this board and each of you are here!!!

Gotta wander BB in a few days...Love from Silverwolf-in-slippers-right-now

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
silver, glad you both are feeling, and GOOD LUCK on selling the house in time to prevent foreclosure.

yes, we all feel blessed to have lymenet to share our complaints, stress, rants, knowledge of the medical areas from personal experience, and using the many links of valuable info from TREEPATROL'S NEWBIE ARCHIVE/my links/advise, and ALL others who have put things together to help newbies just being diagnosed. later my friend. [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement