LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Really down in the dumps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really down in the dumps
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been battling this for two years now. Have to sell everything and move in with my parents. I can no longer drive due to my eyesight. Been on disability for two years now.

I keep going over everything in my mind, what could be different. Sadly, I reach the same conclusion that nothing would be changed.

I probably was bitten sitting on my porch outside my apt. Did not see a tick, nor had a rash or was sympotamtic for a year. The tick that bit me had lyme, babs, bart, erchliosis, epstein barr virus and who knows what elses. Even if I knew then what I know now, I still would have had probllems. Back then I wouldnt have know that a few weeks of treatment wouldn't solve the problem either.

Very bored and discouraged that lyme has taken so much away from me. My days are very long and lonely. Have gotten to be an expert on watching tv and just doing very simple things. My life is no where where it used to be.

Thanks everyone- just needed to vent.

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Iceskater- I started a reply , then went looking for a picture, and my screen froze up, and now I can't find my original reply. Really I couldn't find your post either, so i looked up recent posts in your profile-and voila!

I'm going to send this before I go looking for a picture again. I feel for you. My life was going in such a Good Orderly Direction-then BAM-the dominoes started to fall.

I think of you everytime my eyes ache-wondering, just wondering what's ahead. Meanwhile I'm turning into a TV junkie,too.Maybe we're just watching too much and it's not lyme? JK

I do a lot of American Movie Classics.

Take Care-What appears to be the end, may just be a new beginning.

Love, Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

My therapist told me to start drawing-so I did a self portrait.
 -

Carol

AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Iceskater,

I am sorry you have had to go through this for two years now.

Most people who are not on "lyme" time do not realize just how long two years can be.

I hope you have a llmd now.

I watch more tv than I want. Alot of tv sucks these days.

A few of my favorites are

- House
- Medium

I watch movies sometimes but they require that I dont fall asleep and am awake enough to pay attention for a long period of time.

I listen to music alot. Mostly Rock.

I hope you start to make some signifigant progress soon.

I also hope if you havent been tested/treated for coinfections that your doc takes them into consideration.

[group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

You'll be stepping out in no time!

-

Cobby

mickip
Member # 11663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mickip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I've whined lately, I don't know that I should write. But, I still want to encourage you. I'm sorry you feel so bad. I do want to encourage you to do all that you can do until you just can't. I think I've been battling this for years ... many years, but it has really gotten bad over the last 5 or 6. I am still working ... but it's not easy. I keep doing things, mainly just because I'm expected to do so (no one believes me anyway), but some of it helps me to keep going.

I'm NOT saying you should be working ... only you know if you can. I don't feel I should be now, but am expected to do so. If I had my choice, I would take a walk everyday or go to a gym and do as much as I could do. Then, occupy my mind with things like genealogy or something. I'm finding, testing, games, etc keep my mind going. Sometimes it's not great, but I try to exercise it anyway. And, the less I do, the worse I feel, and the less I can do. So, I do try to find the line of all I can do, and not going above that because it can set me back. But, trying not to go below it, either, otherwise I get worse gradually.

Find something you LOVE to do, and do it. Then, find something else, and do it. [Smile]

Posts: 65 | From Burbank, CA (recent) from Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad things are I do have a very good LLMD. We have been battling this for two years coinfections and all. I am barely holding ground.

My eyesight is 20/400 uncorrected and damage also to the optic nerves. I can not even see the water in the shower when my lenses are out- I can only feel it. I sleep with my lenses in everything is grey and fuzzy. I cant even read or see the computer screen without my lenses. Very close to legally blind now.

It would be a God sned if I could drive or work. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
skater, my dear online friend, i hope you felt that juicy kiss i just laid on you! [lol]

seriously, so sorry to read how sad and lonely you are since you can't drive, work, and almost legally blind.

do you paint? a former co-worker of hubby's does...same situation eye wise as you; no lyme. she paintgs gorgeous house scenes...in city or farm ones. hubby had her paint home after we bought it, then we had her paint my family's century farm house/buildings.

we gave the farm ones to my folks one year for their anniversary. i wrapped it in the funnies paper. dad opens it and says, "WHOSE FARM IS THIS"! EXCEPT for a big tree by side of house, it was perfect as well as the huge barn, etc. whose farm? dad, i could have clobbered you on that one! we got it back when they got more aerial photos of farm, so we enjoy both in our living room.

with your RN background, you can be a LYME ADVOCATE and email/call your local politicians/governor/senators/house rep.

you could do speeches around town at the various orgs, etc.

too bad you couldn't get someone to give you an 1-800 phone line, and you could be our, "DEAR ICESKATER" people call for advise on medical things that an RN would know.... how's that grab you skater?

working w/health dept. to get LYME books into the public librariess, etc.

i watch a lot of cspan late at night after pc when i eat my nightly popcorn.

hey, i something 2 mornings ago on HEALTH COMMITTEE headed by iowa's TOM HARKIN with INFECTIOUS DIRECTOR, NIH. i watched it for 1.5 hours and they wer talking BUDGET FUNDING, and various diseases, came out.

nothing about LYME disease. they meet again in 2 weeks! during the time i watched only 2 people from committee there! harkin and 1 other who'd leave to vote and someone else would come in for short amount of tume.

how abour our writing HARKIN'S HEALTH COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND ADDRESSING LYME DISEASE AND FUNDING! see what infectious disease director says about it, etc .

wisc. author, pj langhoff, sent her 1st lyme book about all her court hearings, etc. to harkin's iowa office last year. i had called harkin's office for other stuff recently, and then asked if he ever received it and to leave harkin a message. last time pj and i talked, she NEVER even received a thank you back!

SEN. SCHUMER, NY, was bitten ... let's hit while the iron is hot!

what are your thoughts skater/OTHERS?

actually i will copy/paste this part in activism asking for input! [Wink]

Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you are going through all this.
I agree that keeping your mind active is very important.

There are tons of wonderful books on tape that you could listen to. They are available free at your local library. Lots of good music to hear that is available there as well.

Learn to do something you have never done before -something involving hands-on activity. Maybe knitting or baking.

Volunteer to make cookies for some organization that could use your help - say local food project or church events. And knitting is such great therapy. It is like solving a puzzle while you are making something of use.

Getting exercise and fresh air and some sunshine when you can find it is vital. Set goals for yourself - walk for 10 minutes out and then 10 minutes back, then stretch it by a couple of minutes each week - if you can. Do a lot of deep breathing and stretching if you can.

That is a lot of advice from someone who can really empathize with the way you feel. I have been through a lot of what you are experiencing.
It takes great effort to make yourself do anything sometimes, but you just have to do it.
Just a small accomplishment each day helps a lot.

Make a to-do list every day. The first item should be "make a list." You can check that one off when you have finished the list - and you have accomplished something today already.

Please feel better. The world needs you.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iceskater- It's so hard to go through this. I am facing too what I am going to do. I'm losing everything. Trying to work again. And it just sucks. Every week something is getting disconnected! It's not fair to my kids. My Mom keeps sayng to come stay with her. But what about my life? I have two dogs, three cats, a bunny and two teenagers still at home. I can't just move in with someoe else. But this disease just takes everything away. But I guess jsut get the rest you need while at your Moms. I truly hope someone will find a treatment that really works for all of us and that doesn't take two or three years to start feeling better...

Cobweb, So that's what a Lymee looks like. ANd people say we all look so healthy?! LOL great artwork.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there my friend.

What about treating for Bart? I think you mentioned that before. I do know a few lymies that had vision problems and had the bart too.

Ive been very bored lately too, and just wish i could go back to work, i really miss my old life.

But we have to keep on fighting and have hope that one day soon we will find a solution to the puzzle.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iceskater,

You are going through a very rough patch, but I believe God will see you through.

One lady on Buhner's site mentioned his protocol cleared her vision problems---just thought I would mention that.

One thing I have found is the more active I can be the better--whether it is walking or riding my exercise bike.

Writing letters to friends helps and so does writing my own poetry.

You are in my prayers. Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you start feeling better Iceskater. You're wonderful.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skater,
So sorry you're having such a tough time right now.
You've been given lots of good suggestions, but I know how difficult it is to start something new. When you're having one of your better days, then maybe you can give it a try.

A short walk would be a good beginning....helps increase the oxygen in the body (which the spirochetes hate) and as you're able to exercise more, it can raise the body temperature (another thing the chetes hate).

I hope things start to improve real soon!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement