LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme Rage Nincapoops (sp?)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Rage Nincapoops (sp?)
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cut my evening out short tonight. Total exhaustion.

I saw a couple walking along the sidewalk. Don't have a clue who they were.

I had a little lyme rage. My thoughts were..just what do you think you are doing going for a walk this evening.

Sheesh. Who do you think you are? Get off the sidewalk.

Don't you know. There is no going for a walk after work and after dinner.

I can't believe your nerve.

I'll let it go this one time. But, if I ever see you again...boy are you going to get it.

Note: I think I need to add here that it has been close to 6 years since I have been able to go for my morning or evening walks and or work and or have a sit down dinner.

Hopefully others will share some of their lyme rage nincapoops (sp?) too.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told the man working behind the counter at Bumper to Bumper, if I was born with a set of b**** he wouldnt be trying to overcharge me so much for an alternator.

In the end I was right though because I got one way cheaper at a junk yard.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple weeks ago I was saving seats for my family at my stepdaughter's graduation when 3 obnoxious teenagers told me they were going to sit there anyway. It wasn't like there weren't other seats available to them, but I was able to find a few in a row. I was very nice about it.

I'm 5'1" and 90 lbs. I told the girls that I had told them nicely that the seats were saved, and I couldn't understand the problem when there were other seats nearby . They stood up, one girl said very meanly, "So where is your family?" I said, "On their way--which is why people get to events early--to get seats for those who are on their way!"

Again: "Well we're not moving!!"

Me: "It's the right thing to do...You NEED to move."

Another of them said, "You gonna make us?!"

I said that my husband, who's a body builder, will be back soon and he will make them.

It got ugly. I was so angry I can't even remember everything I said, but my husband came and got between us. He told them they should move and they even went off on him. I said some more things, don't remember.

Finally, my husband who is so diplomatic said that if they wanted those seats so badly, take them. We sat right next to those little jerks and I was raging inside! I STILL get angry just thinking about it!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. And we think our brains aren't working right.

It could be worse. Our brains could be working like those punks.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kendrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kendrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told a doctor to eat sh-t. But I'm a fighter anyways(of course in a physical sense, I would get my butt kicked right now, because I can hardly walk around)... I don't like lazy people, and I'm not paying someone to be lazy with my health(saying my problem is just anxiety, due to being lazy).

I'm ready to move on people, lets get this done!!!!! The lymenet women are driving me nuts!!! oops, there's another rage, although I don't think men need Lyme to have rage. haha, kidding. You're all wonderful.

--------------------
Never walk through a cornfield backwards.

About me(Yahoo): http://360.yahoo.com/profile-NR1Y8cw6fqhtrewwItSlfsgQDIhaOojd

Posts: 315 | From Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam, you're right, they were just that--PUNKS.

And I'm not sure I need Lyme to get angry about certain things, either! I've never been one to sit quietly and just take it when myself or others are being disrespected. As my husband says, I'm "feisty." Whatever!

That doctor Kendrick talked about--I want to tell him off now and I wasn't even there! [Smile]

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I think it was Dave who told a doctor....something like...you may have read it, but I have lived it. Case closed.

I like that attitude. I still have't quite learned to not let people who are in the medical field that we go to for help...not get to me.

I am just thankful for the ones who do try...it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack and not step in sh*t while looking for it.

How's that for combining both posts. HA!

GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

I like that "needle in the haystack" thing!

Very true!!

--------------------
--Margaret Mead

just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats the MOST racey thing Kam has "EVER" posted on this board,,,ever!! Whoa, you go girl!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I was sitting and wondering about my friend Kam.....then I noticed your post.

You make me laugh. I am glad others have these glorious moments too.

My Lyme rage is better now, however just recently I told my little sister off.

She really had it coming, but boy I really did lay into her.

I'm also sorry to say that it felt good!!!

I do believe we all go through these episodes.

My other sister called to tell me how sick she was with strep throat...

I wanted to say that I wish I only had strep throat.

I said the appropriate stuff like I am sorry that you aren't feeling well, etc. , but

I was choking on the words.

Glad to see you posting Kam.....was wondering how you were.

Glad you didn't run that couple over in the chair or sick Rosie on them....

(Although it may have made you feel better)

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Don,

Varoom

varoom

Geneal...

Yep. I knew words were important and how you said them. But, I also know i need more practice.

Having the assertive skill is a skill we all need to practice.

Not abusive, not passive aggresive, and darn if I can remember the other communication skills that I was just beginning to learn myself and teach in a new program at school.

We had over 100 teachers. The two ladies that created the program showed it to all the teachers.

They then used teachers in the skits.

It was sad how many of the teachers needed work themselves.

Another guy was part of a marriage weekend thing with his wife.

So, he too was learning better communication skills.

And gave a demostration to the class.

don't know where I am going with all of this.

But, I do think we can assertively get our point across without the lyme rage...

..well...perhaps a little edge of the lyme rage to help us. [Smile]

Allison Smith
Member # 11631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allison Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My poor husband gets the brunt of my lyme rage. The poor guy!

Men can be stupid sometimes, as we all know, and though as women we are usually diplomatic about such things. However, my lyme kicks in and just makes me bite his head off.

I have no patience for stupid people. That includes all people, even ones I don't even know. I hear them say something stupid and I'm like HELLO! Are you hearing the stupid things coming from your mouth.

And if my mouth doesn't get me in trouble, then it's the looks I give them.

I look back later at myself and and realize that is a horrible thing for me to do, but at the time I just can't help it.

Posts: 94 | From Greenville, Tx | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Allison,

I was amazed when my health went south how many "normal" people seem to have lyme brain too!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement