LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I have an LLMD appt in 3 Weeks!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have an LLMD appt in 3 Weeks!!!
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received an email back from LLMD! I sent him my Lyme tests via fax. He emailed and said he would have his secretary call me for an appt.
She called me today and they are giving me the first avail appt which is in 3 weeks. I am so relieved. Thanks for your help Whew! Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT NEWS!!!! Good luck with your appointment.
[woohoo]

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea! I pray it's a good one! Did you get feedback from several happy satisfied "customers?"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I did! I am so glad.

I have an appt at New england Medical center next week in their ID dept. Anyone ever been there?

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are you going to an ID duck??? I think you'll be highly disappointed to say the least....unless these guys are actually believers in long term treatment for Lyme.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Too about this.

Since seeing my LLMD, I have stayed away from every other doc except my obgyn ad my dentist.

For me, it keeps things more clear.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry,
you might be better off with the vet bin drugs than this guy is going to do for you!! Hope I am wrong,,been wrong before,will again!!

Let us know how this appointment turns out,,,you can always use your right to bail!!! Go to one that you BELIEVE will get you back to 'perfect'. being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry,

Read a bit from the gator pit, and you will see what these guys mean about ID ducks.

They can give you six weeks to three months max of doxy, but they can't give you much more.

They also won't treat coinfections based on clinical diagnosis, if they don't come up clearly on a blood test.

They also don't tend to know much about herbal or nutritional support that ILADS docs use.

If you do decide to go, please print out Burrascano's ILADS guidelines and bring them with you to get the doctors reaction.

http://www.ilads.org/burrascano_0905.html

If he is familiar and will follow them, you might get some help, but chances are he will tell you

there is no research behind it. Then he'll talk to you about solid lyme research at Yale.

Best of luck to you!

bejoy

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by bejoy:
Then he'll talk to you about solid lyme research at Yale.

She's kidding about the word "solid" by the way!!

Alligator Pit
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=013882#000003

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neighbor, who is a RN, was seeing an ID duck before having a Western Blot done.

He excitedly called her to tell her she was CDC positive and that was from LabCorp.

He really didn't know what to do with her.

Told her he would give her an open Rx for doxy....she could take it the rest of her life

If she wanted to.

At least he didn't feed her that 28 day BS.

I got her to my LLMD.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salydega
Member # 7309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salydega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl-

I know you are excited to have made an appointment. But please be sure as others have told you to make sure he is a llmd. I know ID doctors like to think they know how to treat lyme disease, when in fact they do not.

Alot of us would not be in the chronic lyme stage had the original ID doctor treated us correctly to begin with and not go by the CDC guidelines and treat for a maximum of 30 days.

When I was first diagnosed with Lyme disease I knew nothing about it and trusted my ID doctor and trusted like anyone would that he knew what he was doing. He gave me the 30 day iv therapy and then sent me on my way. Never told me to be rechecked or followup of any kind was done.

A year later I became sick again,, only to discover I still had LYME.

That time,, I did find this board, THANK GOD and a good LLMD.

So please listen to everyone here and what they are warning you about with the ID doctor.

Best of luck to you,
[Smile]
Sandra

Posts: 73 | From phoenix, az | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Thanks guys. I am mainly going to the ID doc in Boston because I need or want a Lymphnode Biopsy.

The LLMD is a real LLMD sugg)sted by some support groups (and some members of this site) in the area. I dunno. I am going to see what happens and bring Dr. B's guidelines next week and then It will only be 2 weeks to see real LLMD. Thanks for all of your advice

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Merrygirl, so glad your seeing a LLMD.

Take care your friend Cassie [kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats that you'll see him soon; again, NOT all infectious drs. are bad for us chronic lymies! we do have some....not as MANY as we'd like! [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement