LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » alternate ways to kill ketes???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: alternate ways to kill ketes???
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, lyme is a spirokete, or bug, right? assumably, developed by humans.

so why can't we develop another bug that eats lyme ketes but doesn't harm us? instead of using drugs to kill it, we just inject ourselves with this new bug, it eats the ketes, and then dies off.

course we'd have to detox like mad.

i don't know, sounds good, right? anybody got any better ideas...

or how about just making the lyme environment so bad they pack up and leave...ok, like heating the body so high they die or something....

just trying to think of any ideas....

boring day....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don';t know, i must have picked it up somewhere. you know the lab theory, about them developing germ warfare and then the bug gets out of the lab....

well anyway, who cares where it came from, the point i'm trying to make is, surely there must be a way to counteract this bug (loose term, very loose)...

you can tell my brain is not functioning today.

ok, switch tracks -- learn from this post how far down your thought processes can go.

don't believe in darwin's theory...bible version for me...

LOL....oh i kill me........

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allison Smith
Member # 11631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allison Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear,

I had read that too and quite recently, but darned if I can't remember what article it was or I would post it. It's certainly did make me go, hmmmmmmm? Could be possible but maybe not probable.

Anyhow, to answer your question, it's a bacteria and some people call them bugs. But those darn bacteria love heat, so heating wouldn't really do a lot except damage your body.

It's an interesting question whether your brain was on a downward thinking sprial or not, but I don't know if there is an answer to it.

Posts: 94 | From Greenville, Tx | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
according to stephen buhner (and others, i'm sure) the lyme spirochete has been around for thousands, probably millions, of years. i think there is A LOT of conspiracy surrounding lyme, but (in my opinion) the actual development of the organism is a result of evolution, not a mad scientist in a laboratory somewhere.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a "smart" disease. I believe it has evolved to survive through the centuries.

That is not to say that I don't believe that this organism hasn't been biologically altered

By various entities as a "bio-weapon"

We may never know....

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

well, you can just call me "fox" mulder....

too many x-files i guess.....

that and 30 years in civil rights doing investigations and left me slightly paranoid...

--------------------

GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been big on conspiracy theories, but read "Lab 257" and see what you think after reading that!

After reading it I tend to agree with Geneal that it may have been around for a very long time, but there also may have been some human altering of it for biowarfare.

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Heiwa! I agree with you [Wink]

I can look back in my family and find someone who was infected back in the 1920's. She developed true MS symptoms in the 50's, died of pneumonia in the early 80's.

I don't think they bioweaponized in the 1920's.

I'm as big a conspiracy theorist as anyone, just ask me about JFK-! (apology accepted MsCavey!) But I can't imagine this disease and it's slow growth process to be a weapon that would be effective.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Bb is an anaerobic bacteria, meaning it doesn't like oxygen, doesn't this mean it may have pre-dated oxygen on the planet?

Still, experimentation at Plum Island could have boosted its quantity and lethality.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, whether or not this ancient bacteria has been tampered with, (who knows?) there certainly is a conspiracy, or an organized effort, to deny patients treatment!

Wikepedia defines conspiracy as "working in secret" to affect a goal, with usually negative consequences. While insurance companies and the IDSA lyme-guideline ducks may not work in "secret", they certainly do not work in public.

As for alternate ways to kill ketes, maybe someday the biomed genetic engineering folks will alter a virus to enable it to attack only borrelia (or bartonella -- name your favorite pathogen). For now I am sticking with my high dose abx and supplements!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killing ketes---,,,,
True unvarnished story of ME pre-knowing -I had lyme. knew I had 'something'

My elbow got real bad and hurt like hades and I lost range of motion.

I was at a ducks office(nationally known guy who specalized in connective tissue disorder)Said I coulndnt have connective tissue disorder cause I had wrong kind of arthritis I had osteo instead of required RA. My joints dont get red, hot or swollen.

I asked him why I couldnt get my right hand to my mouth to feed myself. He ws walking out in a huff anyway cause he was looking for study patients and I wasnt one. He said thats a GOOD thing,,,I needed to lose a few pounds anyway!!!

I got back to town where I lived 120 miles away and it didnt get better,instead elbow bending got worse. Went back to my ortho doc,local. and showed him lack of motion of elbow.

He was "SHOCKED" and said IF I got any worse I would need to go live in a nursing home because I couldnt go the bathroom myself or eat,,,from lack of motion. Talk about a shock to hear when you are in your forties!!

He refered me back to a sports med doc in BIG city again 120 miles from home for scope surgery. (SO sorry this is so long but hard to relate the whole story condensed too much, doesnt make sense)

Anyway day of scope they use the nerve block thing where they shoot a nerve under your armpit. Guy did it, comes back in required time of numbing and said how ya doing???,,I said fine BUT the block wasnt working.

Shocked he was and said oops I might have MISSED or something,,,so sorry,,, redid it probably with a BIGGER dose just in case that was the problem.

Arm went NUMB then, big time. Did the scope,got me up and sent me home the 120 miles. Said the arm would not be numb in a couple hours.

Well folks the scope was early morning,,,the arm didnt wake up from numb with all that sedative till middle of NEXT day!!

AS soon as it woke, I could FEEL something way different. That whole arm, hand and wrist area was back to 100% normal.

I told that doc,whatever you did to THAT arm,,,do to the other. I thought it was from removing bone spurs from elbow that was pressing a nerve. He said no way,,,I said yes way!!!

Anyway the net result was this right arm was completely normal and I didnt need my required wrist splint on that one for like about a YEAR!!

gradually it got worse like it always was,,,what a glorious year that was!!

Okay the point of the story,,,now I know I had lyme,,, was the keets were killed in that arm by freezing it for THAT long. It took a year,,,cause they are so slow growing back!!!

Okay doc,,,can you FREEZE my whole body and kill them all at once???

This actually happened and I swear just as I told,,,wouldnt it be wonderful IF they could kill ALL keets in body same way???

Race you to the freezer!!!(Hopping in, closing lid)LOL!!!there passes--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be on to something with the idea about heating the body so high the "bugs" die. Saunas and hot tubs seem to help some people. Keets are supposed to die at temps higher than 104, I think.

Other alternatives include rife and other energy machines, homeopathics, herbs, so on and so forth.

Considering that lyme may be the fastest growing epidemic in the world, I find it interesting how many people are using some kind of alternatives and complementaries along with their antibiotics.

The state of the art LLMD's are all using something more than than main stream prescriptions.

As for the conspiracy theory...I read that the highest concentration of lyme borrelia is found on the Long Island shore and in the Black Forrest of Germany, both right around known biowarfare facilities.

The purpose of the facilities was/is to develop organisms that will compormise the enemy's food source, and to disable rather than kill the enemy.

Its not a stretch to think that even if they didn't create the germs themselves, somebody bread them intentionally, and accidently let the bugs out of the bag.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hillaryb
Member # 10049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hillaryb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just don & others:

If you want to freeze the keets dead, perhaps "Whole Body Cryotherapy" is the answer. I heard about this on a British radio programme--basically, you sit in a huge freezer at -120 degrees celsius! It's apparently popular with athletes, and has been used to treat people with arthritis & MS.

Here's an article about it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=416211&in_page_id=1774

They have it in England and Poland, but I've never heard about it in the U.S.

Perhaps this will become an alternate treatment for Lyme, like HBOT???

Posts: 90 | From Sunny Southern Cali | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement