LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SSA Disability Retirement Forms help please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SSA Disability Retirement Forms help please
lemonhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks,
I decided to go ahead and file for SSA disability retirement. I hate it, admitting probably first to myself that I am because of this illness, "DISABLED."

I am getting ready to fill out forms and need anyone's help in doing these correctly. They have given me 15 days to do it and have it sent in. Of course I received it on the 13th of July.

Would anyone like to help me in getting this done, so i can go on with the rest of my life, not worrying about fighting with the Federal Government.

I am already fighting with Federal Workers Compensation and I don't think I could take another rejection.

Help please. I just started another abx regimen and just want to crawl into a hole, but have to get this done.

Phillipian's 4: 8-9. Whatever is ....... Do these and the peace of God will be with you always.

Lemonhead

Posts: 156 | From Corpus Christi, Texas USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will not deny you for simply taking too long to fill out the initial paperwork. I know I had mine much longer than two weeks.

If you already have an interview scheduled you can all them and tell them if you are not going to be ready in time and they will reschedule it for you.

Think about it. You are filling out paperwork trying to prove you are unable to work at any job. Not being able to meet a deadline is one reason you can't work!

I was doing SSDI, and disability retirement at the same time. Then some stupid doc for the state (retirement) couldn't figure out why it took me so long to fill out his stupid take home test, that should never have left his office. LAZY!

My first advice to you is to hire an attorney. Yes, they will take a portion of your back pay, but it's not that much and it is worth it's weight in gold, in my opinion.

I could never have done it all on my own without really losing it. I felt so much more comfortable knowing I had a highly recommended professional behind me.

It turned out to be the best decision because when it came time for my hearing he knew the judge and went in, made a slight change in the paperwork, after conferring with me, and I was approved on the spot!

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemonhead,

Write to them, or call your worker, and ask them for help in filling them out.

Explain that you are disabled, seriously ill, and confused etc. and you need their help in applying.

We did this for my daughter -- long story -- and they are obligated to help. After all, they can't deny a disabled person disability because they are too disabled to ask for the disability!

She was approved first time round, no problems.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi lemonhead!

i'm going to send you by private message my 25 pages of detailed instructions on doing the SSDI paperwork from: me, Minoucat's great links, Connie Mc's special forms at the end, and DISINISSUES, disability insurance issues.

QUESTIONS:

1. do you have copies of your medical reports, xrays, lab reports, surgeries going back to the time you left work or years before when things were showing up? I paid our local clinic for copies going back 15 years & hospital for all my surgery notes.

2.. do you have any calendar, etc. where you kept track of ALL DR. APPTS, XRAYS, LABS, SURGERIES, etc. you will need that & their addresses, phone/fax no.

3. i started out on my own & was denied since I didn't have the critical forms: RFC, RESIDUAL FUNCTION CAPACITY OR MENTAL FUNCTION CAPACITY done; these are critical!

4. hired a lawyer after my 1st denial; big mistake; he/staff were NOT doing what they should have been doing.

5. he quit me after my lyme diagnosis while my 1st was at appeals council waiting for answer. HE DIDN'T WRITE A BRIEF WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW! THEY DENIED ME PROMPTLY without looking at my file.

6. i read thru all my medical file reports in both SSDI claims, and wrote up what you will find in my detailed notes!

7. do you have family/friends to help you.
otherwise get everything together, and make a phone call to them to set up a time to come in for THEM TO TYPE ONLINE YOUR REPORT; then they can see you can't handle paperwork and find things necessary in working etc.

i'll send this now before i forget it ok!

READ EVERYTHING IN YOUR MEDICAL FILES; if you disagree with things; you have the opportunity to challenge wrong things due to HIPPA.

lots of luck; it was 5 years of hell for me; that's why i put all of this together so your quality of life will be better than what mine was for 5 years! [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement