LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Don't know what to do about the doctor situation.. advice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't know what to do about the doctor situation.. advice?
LaurenTurner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenTurner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I really like my doctor but the support group from TX said they don't recommend any of the Texas doctors because they are doing more harm than good.

They say to go to Missouri or Louisiana. Which I am going to Louisiana in less than 2 weeks.

I'm kind of nervous about the distance issue since it's 9 hours away. I'm definitely going to my appt. because I really want to hear from another doctor. Plus I've heard nothing but good things about him.

One thing that makes me wonder about my current doc is he hasn't mentioned co-infections. He seems to know a lot but hasn't said anything about that! I forgot to mention it to him at my last appt... yeah I'm a little forgetful.

I've only had 2 appts. with him. My first was soooo discouraging. He told me that I couldn't get rid of this disease.. only suppress the symptoms.

His name was on one list someone sent me of Texas llmd's. So since his name is on the list.. he should be good right?

I'm just confused. I want to be aggressive.. and get the best treatment. I just don't know what to do. I guess I will know more when I meet with Dr. F (In LA).

Ok I know this up to me, but what would you do, if you were in my shoes.

Something I forgot to mention.. I was kind of unsure about my current doc because I figured I was his only patient with Lyme. However at my last appt. I asked him how many other people he saw with Lyme and he said over 60.

Posts: 248 | From Tejas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lauren, go to activism, look for a post at top about TEXAS, and read the post there from Suzanne.

at end is herhome email; email her for info! She's one smart lady and will give you good advise for you to chose from ok!

go to bottom and select activism and click go to get there!

also take an adult with you; if you can't get one, take a electric tape recorder so you don't have to worry about GOOD BATTERIES and ask to tape your session so you can write notes to yourself.

ask also for a copy of your dictated notes and sign their RELEASE OF INFO sheet to get your own records, LABS, X-RAYS, EVERYTHING done on/for you. good luck! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyma Bean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1914

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Lyma Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't posted in a couple of years because of innuendos (sp?) being made about my LLMD. When I read that the support group, which by the way, consists of only a handful of members, is dissing him, I have to say something!

Dr. M is the only reason I am able to work full time and lead a half way decent life. I absolutely adore him. Guess what? Doctors are human beings. They are not going to be the perfect match for everyone. That doesn't have a damn thing to do with rather they are capable doctors or not.

Lauren, I'm sorry to rant on your thread like this. If I were you, I would give Dr. M a try before I made such a greulling trip. You may be pleasantly surprised. If not, then you could do the travel thing.

I do have to clarify that it is not the Texas support group, but the D/FW group that is slandering my good doc. Out of the 1000+ satisfied patients that he has, these few disgruntled ones are the most vocal, because of their being a "support" group. It is sad that they are causing unknowing patients, like yourself, extra hassles to get treated because of their bias.

Good Luck and Take Care....Terri

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1405 | From Plano, Texas | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this doctor belong to ILADS? I would seriously consider seeing an ILADS physician.

The reason for going with an ILADS doctor is that he/she will be plugged into the latest information about lyme disease as well as have the ability to access the knowledge of a whole group of physicians who treat lyme disease. They will have access to information about the treatments that work the best - safety issues of treatments -co-infection info - treatment pitfalls - etc....

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEAN!!!! BEAN!!!

Is that really my favorite jumpin BEAN?

GOOD GRIEF bean.. where you bean?

I sure have missed you!!!! You doing all right? It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to see you!!!

Did you miss annoying old me too?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyma Bean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyma Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a BIG hello to you too T.C. [Smile]

I'm still a regular lurker- just don't post. I'm afraid of what I'd say to some of the Tx doc dissers [Mad]

Been fishin' lately?

Good seeing you!

Take Care.....Terri

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1405 | From Plano, Texas | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement