LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Locate Lyme Car Ribbon Magnet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Locate Lyme Car Ribbon Magnet
TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TickTock4422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can go to purchase a green Lyme ribbon magnet for my car?

Thanks,

Lisa

Posts: 57 | From La. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To purchase merchandise: http://www.cafepress.com/52291

Purchases of merchandise also benefit the legal defense fund. There is also a link to other merchandise on the Sewill.org web site.

Please contribute and/or purchase merchandise today.

this is a fundraiser for Dr. H, Wisc. for charges against him lately!! [Frown] [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No green magnet ribbons there, Betty, though is\t is a good idea to buy something at that site to support Dr. H.

I am pretty sure I posted some sites where one could buy magnet ribbons about Lyme, but I don't see them now.

Maybe someone thought I was advertising for someone, but I had a list of 3 or 4, so I thought it would be okay.

All I can suggest is google it and see what you can find.

Ann- OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

ann, thanks for checking; i threw that in off the top of my hat ...i remembered seeing something there along that line; must have been the BUMPTER STICKER!

oh well, more advertisement for them on earning money to fight for their DR. H,WISC.! [Wink]

peacemom
Member # 12114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can find car magnet at www.lymeout.org/fundraiser. On sale now for $5.00.
Posts: 28 | From long island ny | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.lymeout.org/fundraisers.html

For some reason the site you gave, peacemom, didn't work.

I found it at the site above.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TickTock4422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am newly diagnosed Lymie in La. and I am very interested in being an Advocate for this disease, and raising public awareness. As an RN with my own business, I have gained much experience in marketing over the years.

I really thought about it a long time questioning, "what would get the public, all over the USA aware of Lyme and stimulate their curiosity to ask questions to find out more about the disease?" What I personally hear from persons who find out about my diagnosis, is further questions because they have heard about it somewhere, but don't really much about it. They seem to want to learn.

What better way to achieve this than with a colorful, easy to read ribbon car magnet that people see or stare at OVER and OVER again, DAY after DAY while driving, stopped at a red light, stop sign, or intersection; parked in a parking lot, etc. A magnet so colorful it can be seen from pretty far away.

I have contacted several magnet companies to design a Lyme car magnet for me and will compare pricing for bulk. This is the design I came up with:

General color: medium green outlined in yellow with BOLD yellow lettering:
LYME DISEASE AWARENESS

If anyone is interested in ordering, let me know and once they are done, I will post the ordering info.

Give out to friends, relatives, anyone and everyone! Maybe my LLDD would be willing to make a large order to give out to pt.'s or make a contribution to a large purchase order.

Regards,

TickTock

Posts: 57 | From La. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

ticktalk, great idea

i'd like to go 1 step further that most people have NO idea what lyme is so.....

LYME/TICK DIDEASE AWARENESS

TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Thanks Betty G,

I located a company willing to create the magnets but I have to buy in bulk of 150 magnets which is costly. I don't have the cost/per each magnet as yet, but will let you all know. How do we propose to follow through with this endeaver? Does one person purchase all bulk or could we just put a deposit and if certain people interested would commit, we could arrange to order directly from the website. Or maybe other listmates have better ideas to accomplish this.

TickTock

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

http://www.lymeout.org/fundraisers.html
Has a green car magnet ribbon that says:

"Learn About Lyme Disease" and

"www.lymeout.org"
right under that.

The Lymeout Org is really a good group. Has a retreat for people with Lyme and the money for the car magnet ribbons goes to that cause.

Frankly, I think you are talking about reinventing the wheel here. And I think
"Learn" about Lyme Disease and the website is more effective than "Awarness".

Check out the Lymeout site
www.lymeout.org
It is well organized and has great info.

The other sites I found with car magnets on Lyme is over on Activism, I believe.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Here is one that says "Lyme Disease Awareness" and only costs $2.99
www.stickershoppe.com/sticker-shop/catalog/MLRBTUM.html

This is one I posted on Activism in response to Lisa's inquiry.

BTW, I heard some bad things about using "Pay pal" recently. Like your e-mail address could be sold from there. Anyone else hear that?

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Ann,

I did not read your post before I posted an offer to order car magnets from a particular company I found. Thanks for your input. The site where you found the magnet is great. I wish the magnets were outlined in yellow and were easier to read the print.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but I want the ENTIRE population to see LYME DISEASE from far away!!! We'll see what response I get from my post today for a new design.

Thanks,

Lisa
TickTock

lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one of the magnets from Lymeout and I feel it is a good conversation starter. People will talk to me in the parking lots where I go and others notice it when driving and ask me about it later.

Mine has the link to www.lymeinfo.com on it. That site has a lot of good Lyme info and links to other sites for more.

TickTock, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I just think the current one is working, is a fundraiser and there's really not a reason to switch, just because it may be easier to read.

People read these at stop signs and when close up, so the color doesn't make that big a difference. That's just my opinion.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Hello,

Just an update on the Lyme car ribbon magnets.

The company designing the magnets will only allow one individual to place the order, so I will go ahead and purchase all of them and any interested persons can just order them from me directly at $2.75 a piece [company's cost] plus shipping. I would be happy to do this for anyone interested!

Please, those that previously responded via email with interest in ordering, please re-email me privately to let me know you are still interested, and I will notify you when I receive them and provide the details for ordering when I obtain the magnets. Anyone else interested in ordering, please let me know per private email also.

If you would please provide me with suggestions for what each of you would like to have printed on them and I will use majority rules to make this decision; ie. LYME DISEASE AWARENESS, LYME/TICK DISEASE AWARENESS

Thanks,

TickTock

TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Hello,

Just an update on the Lyme car ribbon magnets.

The company designing the magnets will only allow one individual to place the order, so I will go ahead and purchase all of them and any interested persons can just order them from me directly at $2.75 a piece [company's cost] plus shipping. I would be happy to do this for anyone interested!

Please, those that previously responded via email with interest in ordering, please re-email me privately to let me know you are still interested, and I will notify you when I receive them and provide the details for ordering when I obtain the magnets. Anyone else interested in ordering, please let me know per private email also.

If you would please provide me with suggestions for what each of you would like to have printed on them and I will use majority rules to make this decision; ie. LYME DISEASE AWARENESS, LYME/TICK DISEASE AWARENESS

Thanks,

TickTock

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement