LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I FINALLY Spoke UP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I FINALLY Spoke UP!
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I am spending most of my days on healingwell instead of lymenet, but this was the first place I came to and have met alot of people so I thought I would give you guys an update!

From all of the encouragement of the people here and there, I wrote a letter explaining everything I have been going through and experiencing. I gave it to my school counselor the other day and the next day we talked for a really long time.

She gave me a lot of advice and a few suggestions. I have to try a few things she asked me to and keep a daily log of how I feel and a sleep log to keep up with how I sleep.

Also, since school has started, I created myself a schedule so that I don't have to worry or stress about doing things everyday. I know when I am waking up and what I am doing, and after school I know what I have to do and when and I have a sleep routine. I am trying all different things to help me sleep. It usually takes about 2 hours, but I have found 1 or 2 things that cut it down to an hour so...

I am working on it. I have to go talk to her again in a week. I have to keep the logs to show her every week so she can monitor my progress and routines.

I was super scared about telling her, but she was very understanding and caring and she seemed like she really wanted to help me. I really enjoyed talking to her though. It was really nice to get everything off my chest.

She asked a lot of questions, which I really liked. It's nice to be able to talk to someone who just wants to know how I feel on the inside and wants to know how I feel.

Well, anyways, I guess I just started making some progress. I am finally talking to someone about everything and I think she will be able to help me. And I really enjoy talking to her. For once, I am looking forward to talking to someone! I like being able to share my true feelings with someone!

So, I guess that about it. If I remember something else new I will be sure to inform you guys!!

I want to thank all of you guys here for everything you have done for me. You guys pulled me in first and helped me, and educated me. I am so thankful for that! I don't know where I would be now if I hadn't been invited here! So, thanks!!

--------------------
Jesus sweated blood over the task that lay before Him.He could have escaped his brutal execution at anytime,but he didn't he stayed there for you.

God bless,Christi

Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a jewel, Christi!! [Smile] I hope you told her about the possibility of having Lyme disease also!

Keep us updated as much as possible. Good luck in your new school year!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cultivate your good relationship with her and maybe she will intervene on your behalf with your parents to get you that much-needed LLMD appointment!

[Wink]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree -- it feels good to be able to talk with people about what's going on -- good for you!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to hear kiddo*)!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it. Now, how have your parents responded to your situation?
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is good to hear.

don't know if you are aware of the lymelog web site.

You can adjust it to your needs and then print out how long you slept, activities, etc.

Sometimes it is like hitting your head against a wall trying to get help from those who are supposed to help you.

I don't recommend it. The wall will not budge.

So, glad to hear that you are doing what you can for yourself. [Smile]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsongal22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you guys! [Big Grin]

Actually, she just asked me a bunch of questions to see how I responded to them. You know, just so she could see where I am at.

What actually led me to do this was what I am pretty sure was a panic attack. It happened a little over a week ago and it was the scariest time ever in my life. At that point I decided I had to do something. I wrote a letter and explained everything, then gave it to her.

It's just getting to the point where I can't handle the anxiety anymore. It affects every aspect of my life. Every single day. So, I am hoping she can help me.

If and when the time is right I will pull my parents into the circle, but for now, I am not saying anything to them. I have tried talking to them and they don't seem to understand my seriousness and my counselor understands that. I could tell she was really trying to find a way to help as much as possible. And I am really happy about that!

She gave me 3 things to work on and I am trying my best. I took some of her advice that much to my surprise worked. So, I think talking to her is going to help. Obviously it isn't going to be a cure or nothing, but maybe I can start to help myself more and gain some kind of control in my life.

It is only a start so...but I am hoping it will help! And I am trying to be positive these days so I have to believe it will help! So, for now, I am just going to do everything I can to help myself.

--------------------
Jesus sweated blood over the task that lay before Him.He could have escaped his brutal execution at anytime,but he didn't he stayed there for you.

God bless,Christi

Posts: 306 | From Alabama | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsongal22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11210

And I will be sure to keep you guys updated on how it is going and our next meeting! Thanks so much for being here!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

God bless,Christi

Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That great Christi!
I am very happy for you. [Cool]

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement