LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Where's MY Birthday Wishes?!*)!!!!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's MY Birthday Wishes?!*)!!!!!!!!!!!!
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I know, I kept it secret 'til now...

I AM 39.

I AM SO OLD!!!!!!!!! SO OOOOOOOLD!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!

I AM 39~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as of 7:something tonight anyway, time I was born...

I was born 2+ months early.
Premature, kept in incubator, born with birth defect in my urethra connection to kidneys- was missing-

I was 12 inches long

and FIVE POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUP, a CHUBBY TINY thing.

With tufts of white blonde hair.

I was very very GRUMPY from the get go.

Because I had that birth defect where the urine ran AROUND my kidneys instead of THROUGH them so
by the time I was almost 3 I had
1/3 of one kidney left on one side and 1/2 of the other and was EVEN grumpier.

But my parents were both getting their PhDs in Indian History and we lived in

HYDERABAD, INDIA (now Indias SIlicon Valley)

and I had had malaria...

so my high fevers over & over they kept attributing to... malaria...

until I began to show clear signs of...

renal failure...

My early childhood memories are of pain.
And fever.

And my Ayah in my bedroom, changing the wet cool washcloths she wrung out and replaced on my naked fevered little body night after night-

They discovered it when I was almost 3-
and did an operation and saved my life.

I was in the hopsital 17 days
in San Diego actually. We flew back.

All these WHITE people.

I remember htinking very clearly,

"What's with all the WHITE folks?"

in Babyneese.

It was very weird.

And so my early childhood was spent sick...

And alienated...

*sigh*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME*)!*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*!)*!)*!)!*)!*)!*)!*)!*)!*)!!

OLD.

*whimper*

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s. Because the uric acid in my urine actually PARTIALLY ATE AWAY MY KIDNEYS!!!!!!!!! Isn't that terrible? That's why I was such a grumpy little baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happiest of Birthdays to You!

[kiss]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sarah, thanks for all the inspiration!!!

I am always happy when I read your lyme treatment story,
it always gives me more hope for the future!

I hope you give yourself a big treat today, whatever
that may be -- enjoy!

You have endured alot and just gotten better and
better, and it is so nice of you to share it with others!

And as I get better, I am also using more exclamation
points too, thank you for your exuberant positivity!!!
(If positivity is a word!).

[group hug]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh... what a traumatic introduction to life you had!!!

Happy Birthday Californialyme!!!

[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaliforniaLyme:
I know, I know, I kept it secret 'til now...

Yep....that's why!!! [Razz]
 -

Now.....when is Cobweb's birthday????

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to our best Californian,,, Sarah!!!

You surely did have a tough go,, first off in your life!! Glad that is behind you and nothing but joy and better days ahead!!

Have a VERY happy Birthday,,,have your husband treat you 'special' today. being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a Happy Happy
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sarah!!!! Thank you for all you do for others in the lyme community--you're a blessing and an inspiration to us all [Big Grin]

Have a Happy B-day
 -

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 39th birthday to you Sarah!

hard to find words to rhyme with your last name except Farrah and Tara like in Gone with the Wind!

my, you were born with lifelong challenges, were'nt you girl!

now are you going to be Jack Benny at 39 forever??? [lol]

hoping you have a special day with your loved ones in treating a very special lady here who brings us all the latest in pubmed lyme news!

thank you Sarah for all your expertise you share freely with all who come here! [bonk]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shellbabe
Member # 6948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shellbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

--------------------
AND NOW THESE THREE REMAIN:
FAITH,HOPE,AND LOVE.
BUT THE GREATEST OF THESE
IS LOVE.

Posts: 35 | From Springfield, Mo. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy birthday sarah!!!!!!!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are such an inspiration to all of us. Your story has encouraged me many times!

Don't forget to give yourself a special birthday treat, whatever that may be....

[spinning smile] [lick] [spinning smile]

Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] HI Sarah

Happy Birthday to you [Smile]

hope you have a great day [kiss]

and all your birthday wish's come true [spinning smile]

Dana [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday, you sweet young thang!!! 39, why that's barely even respectable!!

I hope you have a wonderful time... you're such a smart and caring person - you DESERVE the best!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday To You,

We are the same age, except I'm older - March.

I hope you have a TERRIFIC DAY.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah,

Happy Birthday to You !!

[Smile]

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tory2457
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tory2457     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

thanks for all you do; and your words of wisdom! [kiss]

Aug 20th? That's my dad's birthday; so I will always remember yours.

39's young! enjoy this age...

heck 50's young too! [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 158 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pure Lymie League
Member # 10421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Lymie League     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H [Smile] ppy birthd [Smile] y!
39 IS young, it's the new 29.
Sara

Posts: 81 | From Nashville Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday CL!!!

[Smile]

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to you Sarah...

Hope you have a wonderful day. Enjoyed reading your bio. What an experience!

Thank you for your inspirational posts.

Hugs, Perplexed [woohoo]

"Frogs have it easy: they can eat what bugs them." (Barbara Johnson)

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah,

Happy birthday from one Californian to another! I'd be thrilled to be 39 again - you enjoy it!!

Have a wonderful celebration,

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sarah,

I hope you had a great day.

Happy, happy, happy Birthday!

Remember that old saying. "You're not getting older, you're getting better!"

You spring chicken you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, CALI!!!! [Big Grin] [woohoo] [Big Grin] [group hug]

Sorry you had to go through all that. It seems that some of the nicest people have gone through some of the most difficult childhoods. I somehow think that may be how the become the great people they are. [Smile]

[hi]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!! At 39, you're still a baby!
Enjoy!!

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday!

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement