LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 12-22; pray for Gary Geden surgery between xmas & new years 07 !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 12-22; pray for Gary Geden surgery between xmas & new years 07 !!
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all,

I got an email from Gary tonight, so will just copy it here for all his LYME FRIENDS!

thank you for letting lisa my address betty..i couldn't even look at the guestbook.

so i reslly cannot thank anyone.. so i just say thank you everyone. but , i really cannot just thank one person

i go for a procedure tomorrow afternoon, 9-4-07 in st luke's bethlehem. they put me out for this..they look down my throat snd windpipe to make sure they can perform thesurgery in a few week's ..

i am into my second day of not smoking ...again. get's easier with practice..lol...

be well my friend..your such a sweetheart , gary

so everyone, please say your prayers that the docs will find Gary has enough to work with for an upcoming surgery in a couple week!

put him in your prayers chains .... big thanks from Gary and me. Bettyg [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

[ 22. December 2007, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord watch over Gary this day, surround him with his comforting angels and give him peace. We ask in your name Lord that Gary's Doctors will be able to do the surgery that needs to be done. Amen.

Let us know how it goes for you Gary... hang in there and know we are thinking of you.

Hugsss... [group hug]
Beverly

Thank you for the heads up Betty.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

to all reading,

please keep this UP TO TOP TODAY while Gary is going thru this, and our extra thoughts can be headed his way during the time when he really needs it! thx gang! [group hug] [kiss]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be praying for you, Gary! Congrats on not smoking!!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, there are lots of us praying for your safe surgery. God Bless!

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsy_bitsyone
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my prayers.
sonwithlyme
Member # 10942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonwithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep the prayers going for Gary. He needs ALL of our support during these difficult times. Please visit his caringbridge site too.
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut

--------------------
Robin
www.caringbridge.org/visit/dustineckert

Posts: 76 | From Carlisle Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping the procedure went well. I'm praying for you!

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, I am sending prayers your way. God Bless!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Betty.

Gary, I'm hoping and praying that the surgery works out and is just the thing for you.

Don't EVER worry about answering any guestbook entries...just read them when you feel up to it and enjoy.

Warm hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

gary, we've sure been praying you got good news today on what they can do for you in surgery in a couple weeks.

email robin/diane with updtes so they'll post for the rest of us my friend. xoxox bettyg [kiss] [group hug]

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you, Gary.
May you receive the strength and comfort you need at this difficult time.

[group hug]

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 10 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All,

Gary has asked me to get on lymenet and say THANKS to EVERYONE who has been thinking of him, praying for him. Keep sending your special notes and well wishes his way.

Gary's http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut site has recent information about his surgery which will probably be scheduled by very early next week for his Esphogeal Cancer. His recent Pet scan showed no other cancerous cells in or around the lymph nodes of the Esphogeau. GREAT NEWS !

I spoke with Gary last night and he could not log into lymenet and ask that I send a note to everyone here who has been so great with sending him well wishes.

Gary says "THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS".

Let's keep him in our prayers for this next step toward surgery and recovery.

Diane

Posts: 121 | From Gaithersburg, MD USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wonderful news!!!

Gary [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonwithlyme
Member # 10942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonwithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please give your support to Gary by visiting his caringbridge page.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 76 | From Carlisle Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

yes, gary, wrote me tonight; THANKING YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE AND PRAYERS; KEEP EM COMING HE SAYS! [group hug] [kiss]
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 7 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just an update that Gary's surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 19. You can visit his caring bridge site for details.

http://wwww.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut

Keep the prayers coming.

Posts: 121 | From Gaithersburg, MD USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

up for prayers for gary; read the comments diane has posted about gary. big thanks to you all from gary!! [group hug] [kiss]
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Hugs, Perplexed [confused]

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Gary, I sent you an email. I have total faith that you will beat this! best wishes with the surgery - many prayers and healing thoughts heading your way!!!

[group hug]

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lovin the good news, Geden!! Cancer-free -- those are sweet words! Wish I lived closer so I could go over and agitate the hospital staff on your behalf!!

We will ALL be pulling for you for your surgery and hangin' off our chairs waiting to hear how it went.

With prayers and best wishes,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi] Gary

You're in my thoughts and prayers. You keep fighting the fight and know we're all supporting you. [group hug]

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary my positive thoughts will be with you all day tomorrow.

Your website looks very nice and I hope you got that last wall painted.

Acorn

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, if you didn't get that wall painted, strategically place a mirror so it'll look like it was done at least. [Big Grin]

Stay positive and just think how much better it can be after the surgery and the healing process. And knowing the rest of your body is free of this is definitely reassuring.

Good Luck and God Bless.
[kiss]

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Pocono Lyme:

Gary, if you didn't get that wall painted, strategically place a mirror so it'll look like it was done at least. [Big Grin]

Good Luck and God Bless. [kiss]

pocono, what a clever idea! have you used it before? [lol]

hey gary, diane's going to talk to your family about a possible surprise for you if things work out.

can;t say more without letting the cat out of the bag; jake and jr. wouldn't like that you know.

seriously my friend, good luck tomorrow; it WILL be a success for you and you will be in god's and the surgeon's/staff's good hands! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for Gary!!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another "up" for Gary

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Up for Gary. [group hug]
What time was he scheduled for??

Betty, whatever does the trick. [Wink] For the majority of this disease, I've avoided mirrors. They scare me [Eek!]

--------------------

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for successful surgery.
And hoping for an update real soon.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you!
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there was NO time shown on caring bridge site.

5-8 hr. surgery so i'd surely want it to be 1st on schedule!

thx everyone for your thoughts and prayers for gary/family, and our own lymenet family! [group hug]

sonwithlyme
Member # 10942

Surgery scheduled for 9am. As soon as I have an update I will be posting it on his caringbridge page.

--------------------
Robin

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been praying all day. I'm hoping that, by now, Gary's resting comfortably in the ICU and on the road to a speedy recovery.

Not only am I praying for Gary right now, I'm also praying that we'll get some good news soon.

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I broke down & called the hospital. He's still in surgery. That's all I can find out.

Prayers still needed.
[group hug]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

I checked again. He's still in the OR.

--------------------

digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 14 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just spoke with Gary's family and I have just asked Robin to post an update on Gary's caringbridge site. Not alot of info at this time, yet surgery was succesful and he is in Surgical ICU at this time.

To see updates as I get them daily from his family go to: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut

I may not be continuing to post two places. I will get the information to the Caringbridge site hopefully daily.

Diane

AliG
Member # 9734

Thank you so much Diane for posting this. [group hug] [kiss]

--------------------

sonwithlyme
Member # 10942

Gary's caringbridge page is updated. Please go visit and sign his guestbook. I will print out his guestbook and send to him so when he is feeling up to it he can read it.
[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

bettyg
Unregistered

robin, thanks so much for the news and gary's site.

you mentioned time spent updating both, i'm on gary's updated page list, so if you'd like, when i get an update, i'll bring it here and post it ok! it's your choice on how you want to handle this.

i also forward each gary update to my lyme group list for their info too.

glad to hear it went well and considered successful! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for more prayers for gary in ICCU!! [group hug] [kiss]
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never met Gary but I feel like I know him a little bit from all of the nice things you all write about him.

I am praying that he has a smooth pain free recovery!

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

--------------------
diane posted another update today; read it about problems with breathing tube, etc!! thx!
[group hug] [kiss]

digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another update posted to caringbridge site. Gary's breathing tube is out and he is breathing on his own.

Diane

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut

bettyg
Unregistered

a new update by his niece, theresa, is posted so read it in above link!
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

First, let me make a correction. Teresa, is Gary's sister, not niece. My apologies Teresa.

Second, Gary is in his own room at the Hospital and Teresa is there today, Wednesday, Sept. 26. I will have an update late tonight or early tomorrow.

Also, many calls have been coming in to Gary's home and it is difficult for Teresa and Gary's mom to handle that many calls.

I would like to ask that we just keep at this point, either sending mail to Gary or tracking his progress both on lymenet and caringbridge to help eliminate the phone calls to the home.

As I get emails or phone calls from Teresa I update usually the caringbridge site first, then I try to add a note here as well.

Just wanted to express the family's concerns at this point.

Do keep the well wishes coming though! Gary and his family need our support.

Thanks, Diane

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't able to sign in on caring bridge web site so will let Gary know here that i read his journal entry and was thinking of him.

Breath in Breath out

Keeping breathing Gary!

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonwithlyme
Member # 10942

Please stop by Gary's website. He could use some support as he is recovering from major surgery

[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

bettyg
Unregistered

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Update: I (Robin) will be posting a reply sometime today on an update from Gary. I kept the update in his own words...He is home from the hospital.

So visit his caring bridge site at:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut later to see his 'humorous' update!

Diane

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Diane, thanks for all the superb updates you've been posting. Even when I'm too busy to post, I read them immediately!

Gary, you go!! I'm so happy you're home! Bet those dogs 'bout went crazy with happiness! Can't wait to see you posting again. I know you've got a long road ahead, but I'm so thankful you have it!

Michelle

bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle M:

Diane, thanks for all the superb updates you've been posting. Even when I'm too busy to post, I read them immediately!

Gary, you go!! I'm so happy you're home! Bet those dogs 'bout went crazy with happiness! Can't wait to see you posting again. I know you've got a long road ahead, but I'm so thankful you have it!

Michelle

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
bettyg
Unregistered

So visit his caring bridge site at:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbut later to see his 'humorous' update! [lol] [group hug] [kiss]

digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 7 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news on Gary. Visit his cb site. His pathology report shows no cancer. His spirits are up and he is very encouraged. Diane
[Cool]

bettyg
Unregistered

up for you to post a few lines on his site!

gary got GOOD NEWS! please take 2 minutes to go and see what all was said ok! gary reads the board regularly and helps him stay cheerful reading HIS FRIEND'S COMMENTS! [group hug]

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there my friend,

I am so pleased to know that your surgery went well and that the testing has shown such encouraging results!

Continuing to hold you close in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

gary, happy birthday; members go to gary's ste and read the GOOD NEWSOK; post there or here.
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 10 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick update!

Gary just wanted everyone to know that he was able to eat a piece of his favorite BIRTHDAY cake - Red Velvet Cake - that has coffee and chocolate and rich cream cheese frosting !!!! And of course, chased it with a glass of milk !! His niece made it for him for his birthday and Gary said it was delicious.

He sounds good today, a little tired from his doctor appointments this week, but had a good birthday.

He thanks all of you for your continued support and well wishes.

He truly is making a remarkable recovery so far. What a wonderful birthday present.

We'll be adding this to the cb site shortly. Diane

bettyg
Unregistered

wonderful, wonderful as lawrence welk would say.

RVC, another abbreviation ..... red velvet cake!! my those are good, fattening, and what a way to go.

gary, glad you could eat good food on your special bd!!!

thanks diane for the update!!

you/robin have done an outstanding job starting gary's site, making it interesting with various colors/seasons/holidays! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS THERE YOU 2 WONDERFUL LADIES!!! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Peggy

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 9 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An update on Gary will be posted to his caringbridge site shortly. However, Gary had to go have 'dilation surgery' today to help with swallowing. Let's continue to keep him in our prayers. Thanks, Diane

bettyg
Unregistered

diane, thanks for all the updates you post online and here.

i just read your thread and other 2 people's comments filling us in more what this pertains too and how it will help our precious gary.

went there earlier and sent him my greeting and update on things transpiring last time we talked.

forgot to add there, gary, you sweety you; you betcha you're in my thouhts and prayers DAILY! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Fortunately it's outpatient-only surgery... the BEST kind. It was good to read the comments from others who've been through it on the CaringBridge site.

Good luck, Gary. Hope it went well!

Michelle

digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 6 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A post was just made on Gary's caringbridge site. He is doing GREAT!

Diane

digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 9 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted everyone to know Gary will be having another dilation surgery this Thursday, Nov. 29th.

His caringbridge site has been updated so lets post some happy notes.

Thanks
Diane

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
diane, forgot....what's dilation surgery?

i'll go read there and post my weekly note to him! thx for doing this project; you and ROBIN for all you have both done to keep us lymenet members up to date on gary's health! [group hug] [kiss]

AliG
Member # 9734

more prayers for Gary [Frown]

Gary-
You'd better cut this out & just GET BETTER ALREADY!!!!!!!!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]
[group hug] [group hug]
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hang in there, man!!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, and others, dialation surgery is a way to strech the esophagus wider so one can swallow easier.

Sometimes only a regular endoscopy (out-patient) or usual procedure for examining the esophagus and stomach is enough to help widen the esophagus.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

ann, thank you for clarifying since i wasn't goinng to take the time to go back thru around 100 posts to find out! [group hug] [kiss]

gary, your lymenet members all have our thoughts and prayers be sent to you as usual; tomorrow; you'll be in my thoughts 24/7 !! best wishes for a successful surgery so you can begin to eat comfortably again!

GARY, YOU ARE THE MAN; YOU HAVE DEFIED THE ODDS AGAIN AND AGAIN; YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

hi to jake and junior; gary's closest friends!

pab
Member # 904

Gary,

I really hope your surgery is successful. I want the funny Gary back. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Peggy

bettyg
Unregistered

praying for an update on gary from robin or diane soon on his THURS. SURGERY....thanks! [group hug] [kiss]
digirl02
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7177

Icon 8 posted      Profile for digirl02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An update will be posted to Gary's caringbridge site shortly. He is still having difficulty swallowing and now is encountering chest soreness, probably due to the surgery. Keep the well wishes coming.

Sorry I haven't updated for awhile.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garynorbutt

Diane

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for keeping us informed
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

SOS TIME! time to remember gary; he'll be going thru another SURGERY between christmas and new years!!

diane has a nice lengthy post she wrote up telling some of the things gary had to say.

i was the 1st to respond afte the post, and also gave him the very sad news of CAROL ANN'S husband, John's, passing away at 11:15 am today after going into a coma last night.

it has been carol ann whose husband, john, went thru his own esophagus removal 2-3 years ago. so she was helping gary/us by descibing what to expect and what to do to help gary be comfortable, and ENCOURAGEMENT!

i'll post something so prayers can be headed carol ann's way!

sonwithlyme
Member # 10942

Please stop by Gary's page to give him some words of encouragement

[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement