LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Butt Support Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Butt Support Needed
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously I spend so much time in my computer chair-my butt gets sore.

Anyone know of a good cushion for my computer chair?

It has good back support in the right place- lumbar support, but is lacking in seat comfort.

I got the chair for 5 bucks at a yard sale-wheels and all.

Just think how much more time I could spend on lymenet [Eek!] if I didn't have to get up and walk around to keep my fanny from going to sleep.

Cobby

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] i hear you carol; same here! i've got a gorgious padded back/chair in basement for "drafting" or making flower arrangements, but i don't want to be stuck in basement.

chair is TOO HIGH for my pc desk area. so sit on WOODEN dinette chair with 4 sofa pillows on it and 1 behind my back with my frozen ice packs on lower back and neck area! [cussing]

trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yer butt support is here. [Big Grin]

seriously--i know my *** all too well. my best tush cush was the egg crate foam. i bought a dog bed size and cut it into squares and sewed little pillow cases on them. i keep one in the car, the house and my back pack. i must have my tush cush at all times. i sat on LOTS of cushions before i settled for this. it is the best, by fAR.

HAPPY HEINY!

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Thanks Trails-for doing all the preliminary tush testing for me.

How do you determine the thickness of the foam? Like 1 inch for every 50 lbs of body weight? or simply the thicker the better?

and Betty I thank you for so quickly validating this seemingly silly question. I feel for you having to adapt a wooden chair.

Lymenet comes through again. [woohoo]
Carol

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait.......I thought you used a "rump" roast...

Do you remember that old discussion? [Big Grin]

I use a pillow that has seen better days.

It is kind of flat.

When I saw the title of the post, I was all ready to give this cheer.

What do you want?

Butt support!

When do you want it?

Now!

or try this...............

Give me a b.........."B!"

Give me a u.........."U!"

Give me a T.........."T!"

Give me another T...."T!"

What does that spell?

Hope you get relief for your aching nether lands soon. [Big Grin]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just need to gain some weight...natural butt support [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Geneal:
Wait.......I thought you used a "rump" roast...
Geneal

And you offered yours for more coverage.

Since Bush now has lyme, whether cured or not, I think he should run his next campaingn on the slogan:

a chicken in every pot
Eggs under every butt.

BTW- I loved the cheers. [Big Grin]

Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Aniek:
You just need to gain some weight...natural butt support [Big Grin]

Maybe, cause everytime I get on my digital scale all it says is LO
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am presently using a rolled up blanket for a cushion. A bare chair is too low and then I find myself propping up my feet on my toes,,,which hurts!!

I think my monitor is TOO high.

Are one of those new fangled flat screens like the new wide TVs any better and easier to read?? My eyes take a terrible beating while reading!!

Tanks fer any help,,,at all,,,I am beyond help!! being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frakktured1
Unregistered

the last time I saw my kinesiologist and offered up my butt....it sagged at every pillow that was put before it...

then out of the clear light stick zapper appeared the perfect solution for my butt....

Try real real hard not to think with it!

Better yet...use Steere's face....his head should be very very soft! Just don't let him bite you....

LOL

FXD

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Cobweb:
Maybe, cause everytime I get on my digital scale all it says is LO
I used to have the same problem!! [lol] [lol]

Now I have a scale that is a'naturale!! [Razz]

The egg crate idea is great!! I have a good [not expensive] desk chair from Staples. It's great!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey...everytime I get on my digital scale it tells me to get off...lol.

I broke the tip of my tailbone several years ago when I was pregnant. I had to sit on one of those donut pillows for weeks.

I still pull that darn thing out when I get sore. You can get it at a medical supply store for around 10.00. They sell them is extra large too. Those are really comfy because it takes up almost your whole chair.

Don't get the ones you have to blow air into though. The padded fabric ones are the best.

kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cave76:
concavity [Big Grin]

ConCAVEity??? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susiecv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susiecv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catchy subject line...Friend of mine gave the condition a name on our 6 hour drives to/from college, AND it has stages like LD:

PLANK AS* [Wink]

Posts: 249 | From finger lakes, ny | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seriously, there is a cushion that doctors give you after having hemi surgery that you sit on. it's real soft and supportive.

i think a medical supply house has them. my sister had one and loved it.....

me, i just sort of half sit and lay on the sofa and use my laptop...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go to bj's or costco
get a high density foam pillow, memory foam for
$25.
i use 2 to sleep.
they give great support.
get the sealy one if they have it.
other option is to get a kids innertube and sit on that< Lol

these are great to sleep on but take a couple of weeks before you can sleep on them.
they contain toc's and need to be left outside for several weeks.
too strong out of bag.

maybe you should ask nurse k if the doc can give you a butt implant. get the saline not the silicone, but the silicone is more comfortable.

daveeey [Big Grin]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget the pillow, get a laptop and lay on the couch! [Big Grin]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better than having tailbone pain. :\ I can barely sit anywhere! Ahhh.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carol, ever try the DOUGH NUT HOLE pillow? works good too. [Big Grin]
Cobweb
Unregistered

Thanks all-great suggestions.

I am currently sitting on egg carton foam.

It's cheap-and so am I. [Big Grin]

Another alternative might be to get a life.

Take Care,
Carol

frakktured1
Unregistered

Where I live the butt pillows are all numbered and kept in a closet for when there's ever a function.

You just have to see it to appreciate it!

FXD

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 7 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang,by crackie there aint nothing worse than a pain in the Butt.

I have to deal with them all day at work.

I have a special jell mnt. bike seat for that problem.

I don't know ,do they make jell computer seats??

Hey Don, don't try sitting on corn cobs!!!! He He He He ,you might try old newspapers minus the squashed flies.He He He!!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry 'bout your tender tushie!

the best thing I've found is intended to be a hot/cold compress. It's filled with a gel material and seems to provide the comfort that having a little fat in your can would.

If you don't chill or heat it, it still seems a little cool when you first sit on it. I discovered that it worked for this when I was having my horrific tailbone pain.

It's also great for warming the foot of the bed, if you get iced feet. [Big Grin] It's really handy. I got mine in the local pharmacy. I found you a link to the MFG with a store locator, if you want to try and pick one up.

I just got mine out to sit on because I realized my fannie's been hurtin too. Thanks for bringing this up, you saved my butt!! [lol] [Big Grin]

[hi]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
Sorry 'bout your tender tushie!

the best thing I've found is intended to be a hot/cold compress. It's filled with a gel material and seems to provide the comfort that having a little fat in your can would.

If you don't chill or heat it, it still seems a little cool when you first sit on it. I discovered that it worked for this when I was having my horrific tailbone pain.

It's also great for warming the foot of the bed, if you get iced feet. [Big Grin] It's really handy. I got mine in the local pharmacy. I found you a link to the MFG with a store locator, if you want to try and pick one up.

I just got mine out to sit on because I realized my fannie's been hurtin too. Thanks for bringing this up, you saved my butt!! [lol] [Big Grin]

[hi]

I don't think it's a matter of too little fat-I think it's a matter of too much fat-and too little muscle .

The fat displaces too easily due to a flabby glutimus maximus. But I realize now as I write this I can still do "sit ups" or "squeeze and hold" exercises while posting.

I thank you for the link though for the heated gel pack- sound oh so comforting.And a good idea for a Christmas present for my daughter who is always complaining of cold feet at night.

Carol

Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about using the egg-shell type pillow foam. They sell them, but you could probably cut in half. You could also take a large ice pack to use like a gel pad.

They have gel pads for under a horses saddle, but I'm thinking that the ice pack UNFROZEN will work.

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliG:

OK you got me. I stand corrected. "having a little muscle". I checked my can and there's plenty of fat. [lol]

A while ago I did squats with a couple of 5 lb. weights in my hands. It was the fastest way I could find to put some muscle in there.

I guess it wore off. [shake] [Roll Eyes]

I have no strength to do that again right now, so I'll stick with the gel pack for a while. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement