LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SUCCESS STORY in progress!! (Here's hope!!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SUCCESS STORY in progress!! (Here's hope!!)
SarahL
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was posting last week in the Medical thread about my neuropathy driving me insane, I thought, you know, for all the things that are still vexing me, there are a lot of sx I either don't have anymore or sx that have gotten so much better I barely notice them.

Then I saw the thread, "How come there are only 45 success stories," which had the potential to depress so many people. Personally, I *understand* a thread like that, but I can't allow myself to think negatively or nothing positive will come to me (or at least, that's what I believe). Of course, I still slip into that negative mindset sometimes - everyone does, and it's easy to do when you're suffering!

So I'm starting THIS thread, and I hope it's someday pinned up at the top like the success story thread, since there are hundreds of us IN PROGRESS but not cured yet.

It might give hope and help encourage positive thinking, which my doc and I agree is half the battle (the mind-body connection is HUGE, especially with chronic illness and chronic pain). Of course as I type this, I'm knocking on my wooden desk. [Wink]

I am a success story IN PROGRESS!!

My improved or eliminated symptoms are:

Overall pain is much less
Insomnia is gone
I have several good hours each day now
I can grocery shop for a week's food!
I never have a day when I can't walk now
My cane is leaning in a corner, dust-covered!
Walking at the mall/flea market/wal-mart isn't torture on my legs anymore
My fingers aren't locking up anymore (I can type!)
Most days I can think clearly
Most days I can see clearly
I can lift my 5 year old son now
I can play with my son on the floor and not worry that I won't be able to get up
I can travel without as much pain
I can drive without fear that my mind or body will give out on me
I'm swelling less in fingers, ankles and face
My Bell's Palsy is less frequent and goes away more quickly

I have been given my life back, albeit in a limited capacity. I'm thankful for each and every tiny bit of healing. I have a long way to go to optimal health, but I can function now, can drive now, can play with my son and *ENJOY* life now. Pain is not overwhelming my life anymore.

Now, if that's not the makings of a success story, I don't know what is! I'm getting there, slowly but surely, and I know there are many, many others out there just like me - on their way to putting Lyme in the PAST!

You guys are a huge part of my road to recovery, even though I mostly lurk. I've learned so much that has helped me, and I hope this post helps someone who is looking for hope or who is facing the daunting idea of years of treatment for Lyme. You *can* get better, you *can* improve, you *can* do this!!

Gentle hugs-
Sarah

Posts: 91 | From East TN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!*)*)!*)!
YAY!*)*)!*)!
YAY!*)*)!)!

Glad to read it. VERY glad to read it, was sad and worried on your behalf re neuropathy!!! I hope Lyme WIll be nothing but in your past soon*)!)*!!

Very sincerely,
Sarah O.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SarahL
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sarah O. - post your success in progress, please! My neuropathy is improving, definitely not gone, but I have faith that it's only going to get better the longer I'm on Lyrica! *crosses fingers*

-Sarah L

Posts: 91 | From East TN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, you go girl!!! Keep us updated!

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

When I stand up after watching a movie, I crouch over expecting to have to hobble away down the isle, but the pain and stiffness just don't kick in the way they used to. I stand up confused that I can stand up.

When my kids say, "can I have a cookie?" I answer, "No, dinner is almost ready." Instead of "uh-huh, whatever."

I had a lively political discussion with my step mother, and I only had to ask my husband once, "what's the name of that organization, you know the one that..."

I can somtimes sleep throught the whole night.

I've been weight lifting five times a week, and can still remember where to pick up the children from school aftwards.

All three of our beds are sporting clean sheets.

Our house is cleaner because I remembered to make my husband a honey-do list.

And I'm baking apple pie with my kids. You're all invited.

[ 18. October 2007, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: bejoy ]

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you Sarah, keep going girl!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement