LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Need help with workmens' comp form

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with workmens' comp form
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a form with instruction on how to fill it out for workmen's comp.

It has been two years now and I finally am admitting to myself I need help with this form.

The first step is to make sure it is not too late.

It is for workmens' comp in CA.

If it is not to late, the next step is to get the form filled out and mailed to workmen's comp.

They will then set a date for me to go see the judge and the attorney representing the state compensation insurance.

At that time, I need to present a packet as to why I think the independent doc who saw me needs to reconsider my claim.

In other words, why I think this is work related.

The problem is i have contacted attorneys and local paper to help with this form.

They take one look at it and say I need to get an attorney.

I contact attorney's and they say I need to take care of things myself this late in the game.

I know if I did not have lyme brain, I would be able to take care of this myself.

I keep waiting until the vision clears up and the brain enough for me to read the form and fill it out and do what I need to do to contact all involved.

It has been 2 years and that has not happened yet.

Now, I am thinking perhaps I could copy the form and send it to someone on this board who is not scared of legal forms and will be able to follow the directions and get the job done.

I am hoping to be able to look at the form once again this week and perhaps be able to do it myself this time.

But, past experience has shown me I don't have what it takes yet.

I have had forms that just needed my signature and it would take me months to figure out that is all that was needed.

Another related obstacle is to contact HR at work and see what the next step is towards getting disabilty through work.

In a letter I was sent by CALPERs, I was told I needed to fill out a form.

When I contacted cALPERS to get that form. I was told to contact HR at work.

Again, this is a case of first making sure it is not to late for this too.

I have contacted HR at work when I was able and was told the person I needed to talk to was not in.

I have left messages but they have gone unanswered.

If I were doing better, I would be able to stay on top of these things.

But, I do what I can when I can.

I can type things out as I lie in bed, but taking things in and processing them is another matter.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
web pageCalifornia WCB

kam I don't know your particulars so can't really comment. If I get a chance I'll look later to see if I can help you out in anyway.

Good luck.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh. I am not sure how good I would be, but let me know if you can fax it to me.

My neighbor's are both RN's and may be able to help.

I will PM you later with my fax #.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See if you can find out how long I have to put something back on calendar once it has been taken off calendar on that workmen's comp for CA web site.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Crime of Lyme"
[Jodie] is a paralegal. Maybe we could find her. Anyone one else here know a paralegal??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yourtroubl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yourtroubl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am a trained paralegal. But more importantly I am Director of Operations for a State Workers Compensation Litigation office.

Questions:

Are you just now filing a claim? There usually are limitations to filing claims and any forms you might have...

Search the CA site for answers.

Posts: 347 | From WV | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yourtroubl
please help out our KAM
she is a mess, sorry kathy.
i have offered her help many times but refuses ,forgets or ?

she really needs your help.
backround:
several teachers at her school got sick
at same time.
2 have already got wc approved.
i do not know the particulars but she could sure use your help.

please pm her and maybe she can fill you in on the story,
it really is a too much effort for her, and needs help with this.

i was willing to fly out and help her ,but this never came about.
she is only living on ss dis and it is a discrace
to calda that a teacher is being put thru this.
might even try calling gov. schwartneger.
they have a med office in the gov office.

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yourtroubl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yourtroubl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will do some research...

I am afraid it might be late in the game...
I left you a PM

Posts: 347 | From WV | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

thanks.

i am going through that head stuff today where i can not open my eyes or move without throwing up.

I'll write more when i am doing bretter.

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam,

Were you in a union? If yes, have you tried to call the union? They might have staff who can help with workers compensation cases.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

your trouble

your message box is full. I was not able to reply.

Aniek,

One of the teacher's who has stayed in contact with me as a friend is the union rep.

I have asked her several times for contacts and it has gone into a black hole.

I have also asked her several times to be checked for lyme disease. [Smile]

She has something wrong with her health but is still able to work at this point.

Ok My midn is muddled.

I faxed the ready to proceed form to geneal for workmen's comp.

So, the ball is rolling on this.

I know it will break free soon and both the workmen's comp and calpers will be settled one way or the other.

The biggest obstacle is me. I just don't have the strenght and skills to do this most of the time.

Today is a very weak day were using the brain or body is very limiting and a struggle.

it is a struggle to type this while lying in bed.

Enough. Veg time again.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement