LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » LymeNet Fundraiser 2007

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LymeNet Fundraiser 2007
Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Jenifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted on LouB's behalf:

Dear LymeNet Users and Friends,

Our daughter, Lori, has chronic Lyme disease. She is doing better but we still need to fight this horrible disease. In 1996, we searched for answers to the fears we were facing about Lori's "unknown" illness and we found the Lyme Disease Network - LymeNet. Their work is a terrific source of information and comfort especially to the newly afflicted or misdiagnosed patients who have unanswered questions.

The non-profit Lyme Disease Network, http://www.lymenet.org operates entirely on individual donations and is responsible for the LymeNet series of services available on the Internet since 1994. It's absolutely necessary that we support LymeNet to continue educating the public about the prevention and treatment of Lyme and other tick borne diseases.

Thanks to the LymeNet Flash Discussion Board, http://flash.lymenet.org , we've found friends who truly understand that no one is immune to these diseases, are caring, and willing to help victims understand these diseases.

We realize LymeNet can not survive without our help and we are asking you to please join us in making a donation to LymeNet at this time. Please ask your friends and relatives to join in our fight against these diseases. We hope, with all our hearts that you can and will donate. We MUST keep LymeNet alive and running. Let's hope that this year will see the beginning of the end of Lyme and other tick borne diseases!!!

As in past years, we will post our goals and progress on the LymeNet Flash. Thank you for your generosity and continued support of our organization. Donations can be made through the web site by clicking on the "MAKE A DONATION" button via PAYPAL. Checks made payable to The Lyme Disease Network, can be mailed to the address below.

Thank you,
Lou & Angela Bachmann
Questions? Email: [email protected]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please return this section with your DONATION check made payable to:

The Lyme Disease Network
43 Winton Road
East Brunswick, NJ 08816

Donation Amount $_________ LymeNet Tax ID #521755119

Name______________________________________________________
Address____________________________________________________
Email______________________________________________________

This fundraiser will go through December 31, 2007, but donations are appreciated at any time.

Thank you for your support.

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

Posts: 318 | From Upstate New York, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edited as first sentence had 2 words transposed changing meaning of sentence; thx for pointng that out jen. still struggling on typing with my severely sprained wrist i've fallen on twice in one month! [Mad] bg

jenifer,

in near future, will you please post the goal of how much money you are needing to keep lymenet going for another year,

and a breakdown of equipment or things you will be doing to improve lymenet .

as we all know, this past 6+ months, we have NOT been able to depend upon lymenet being UP to read/post since that lightning strike hit where it was down 1-2 weeks!

speaking of it going down, i sent you my suggestion of getting another 2 emails that do NOT HAVE @LYMENET.ORG ON THEM since when the board is down,

we can not send you NOR CAN YOU SEND US A NOTE EXPLAINING WHY THE BOARD IS DOWN AND WHAT IS ESTIMATED TIME TO FIX IT!

so i look forward for answers on how you are going to post this in every board these additional addresses to be used ONLY WHEN BOARD IS DOWN, and we need answers.

also, i asked that on moderator's end of it to send the news WHY THE BOARD IS DOWN to a limited group of folks and ask that they forward the LYMENET NEWS TO THEIR LYME LIST GROUPS.

i think phyllis mervine's 50 state yahoo group list would be very helpful getting news to her where i understand she has a way to post for all 50 states in one step vs. 50 individual posts. just my thoughts jenifer and lou on this....

i will support giving to lymenet; just would appreciate the goal $$$ and how they are being used in a breakdown.

thanks lymenet and especially our founders of tis board, ANGELA AND LOU BACHMAN, in dedication of their dear daughter with lyme!!! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

[ 02. November 2007, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't worked in awhile but made a small donation as a thanks for all the support I have been given in the last 6 months.

Wish I could give more!

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI LOU B!

i hadn't forgotten you; too many things going on.

my check will be mailed TODAY so look for it towards the end of the week ok!

12-31 DEADLINE as a reminder to others here since we are so wrapped up in our letter-writing supporting dr. jones and petitions! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a friendly reminder to all,

2 more days to DONATE to this TAX-DEDUCTIBLE fundraiser on upgrading equipment needs to keep this lymenet board going!

lou b/tom brown,

i'm still getting daily this computer problem for last 6 months.

when i click on any lymenet link, the first screen coming up shows ALL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE, and then MAY OR NOT bring up the screen selected. other night it was taking 5-10 minutes to get this done. i have dialup; but this is a problem ONLY ON LYMENT; not my home email, etc.

can this problem be fixed? tutu addressed it earlier, and we were all having problems starting t the same time here. someone posted on computer quetions, we didn't get any answers..

thank you both!

we have many NEW members, and i'd like to encourage them to contribute, whatever they can afford ... $5 on up. it's money well spect and again TAX deductible!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND TO LYMENET GOING ON as long as we have long folks needing help, education, and a shoulder to cry on!

bettyg, lyme activist, iowa [Razz]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'M COPYING LOU B'S POST TO THIS ONE;

jenifer if you get this reply, please post Lou's latest note in ALL FORUMS since you LOCKED those after posting....big thanks! [bonk]

Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64
posted 25-02-2008 12:41 AM
----------------------

Hi Betty & LymeNet Users,

We don't have a specific target date for the next upgrade but Tom is working on it ... at best 3 to 4 months from now ... it is a complex undertaking.

We're also low in funds ... the response to the Oct 2007 Fund Drive was underwhelming, it say the least.**************************

LymeNet and the LymeNet Flash are provided "free of charge" but we are dependent on donations to keep it up and running. I guess I'll have to kick off a LymeNet 2008 Fund Drive soon.

We really should measure "page views" per day ... based on that our average this month is 10000+/day (I believe Marc's 60K+ hits/day number was an incorrect measurement) and we have 11800+ registered users because over the years since 2000 a number of users have been removed either because they asked to be deleted or they were undesirables (trolls, forum spammers, etc).

Hang on folks ... we're doing the best we can ... and we appreciate any donations to support LymeNet.
--------------------
Lou B
----------------------------
Posts: 1960 | From: Totowa, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000 | IP: Logged

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
suggestion idea!

perhaps when each of us gets our "extra money" from Pres. GW Bush's signing that bill, we could ALL send some money here to keep LYMENT UP AND RUNNING WITH UPGRADED EQUIPMENT DUE TO HEAVY VOLUME OF READERS/REPLIERS WE GET!

how about it gang? [Big Grin] [hi]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement