LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » CaliforniaLyme (Sarah) BANNED, no reason.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CaliforniaLyme (Sarah) BANNED, no reason.
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you don't see her anymore....

No note. No letter. No box of chocolates.

I guess she was posting too much science. Too much of the other point of view.

She predicted this herself not too ago.

I am sure there are many of you who are happy about this, just like you were happy to see Cave banned. You know who you are.

Soon, LymeNet will belong to you exclusively.

I feel for anyone new looking for advice here.

I feel ashamed to keep signing my name to posts here.

Don't bother banning me, Jennifer.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HUH?????? What in the world did she do wrong?????

I haven't noticed anything "wrong."

Who do they REALLY want on this board??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Squeaky Wheel Seeks Grease
 -

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackpowder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackpowder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This really saddens me. The people who have reached out and helped me are the ones who have been banned. They posted the most trusted route

for treatment for people like me who don't know a flippin' thing about where to start. Not that others who can't use abx shouldn't have options,

but should newbies like me start there? Or should we start with the most travelled route thus far? I think the latter. I have ordered

miracle cures at 2am when I'm delirious with pain and desperate. I have discovered that they don't generally live up to helpful let alone miracle.

I think people here were just trying to warn desperate people to BEWARE not mock those trying them. At least that's how I took it. JMHO

Posts: 111 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me? I just checked the user directory and she is still showing as a member. [confused]

If she has indeed been banned I feel it is unfortunate. [shake]

I've been on the board a lot today and found only supportive, upbeat posts from her, like she usually posts.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[cussing] here is the note she sent me, and I'M TOTALLY SHOCKED, SADDENED, AND UPSET SARAH, WHO SPENT HOURS ON HERE WITH PUB MED INFO, ETC. WAS BANNED! [cussing]

Keep up the good fight Betty. Don't undertsand what is going on, but I guess I am not as worthwhile as I thought)*!

Oh well (I've been banned, no letter, no reason given.

After so many years of helping out I am a bit stunned frankly. Was seriously depressed for about 15 minutes.

Shocked. Saddened. Oh well.

Hold the fort- the newbies need you & LymeToo more than ever now-

Take care. Respectfully, Sincerely,
Sarah O.

michelle, thanks for posting this as i was going to with what i received above.

sarah, who set up a 1-800 no. to help fellow lymies; who read pub-med every morning to give us the latest on her efforts.

awhile back in SUPPORT, someone asked WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LYME EFFORTS; if that reader reads this, please show your link on this thread please !

i was OVERWHELMED with how sarah has devoted her LIFE to helping all lymies and raising her 2 kids with a very sick husband!

Lou B and Jenifer, please reply to this thread WHY one of you banned her; specifically ok.

she welcomed all folks here as i do; helped get them to their 1st LLMDs, gave links galore on every IMAGINABLE SUBJECT raised, and what an ACTIVE ACTIVIST emailing here//there plus many phone calls.

lyme rallies ... she went to as many as possible including east coast from california!

LOU B AND JENIFER,

PLEASE i am begging you to let sarah come back as she is a GOLD-MINE OF INFO, USING THE SEARCH functions for manythings needed including many things for TINCUP'S big projects.

tell her specifically what she has done so she will NOT REPEAT it again. she's got a deep pockets heart, and cares about all.

she also will NOT take crap here since the boards have not been moderated as well during your absence lou. i realize it's TOO MUCH for jenifer alone to do and even 2 folks like yourself lou!!

we've been infilitrated so much this past year by trolls that have slipped thru the cracks and have made their presence known by instigating fights and absurd comments that we feel the NEED TO DEFEND!

PLEASE UNBAN SARAH IMMEDIATELY; she doesn't deserve this.

this darn lyme causing lyme rages that get out of hand ... i've hated seeing this happen on the board and to many good friends who have contributed their KNOWLEDGE unconditionally.

Lou and Jenifer, I also would like an update on the fund drive; how much is needed and how do you plan to use this money.

i do hope we can get something fixed since the major lightning strike since the board is down so much like the good OLDEN days when i joined here. THANKS FOR THE FUTURE UPDATE! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i received this tonight, and thought it applies to this situation...

to me, sarah is a SWEET TATOR! [kiss] don't you agree?

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/sweettators/

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really shocking and unfortunate. Sarah has done so much to help people, and is a big inspiration to me and so many. Why in the world would she be banned from any forum dealing with lyme disease?

There is a great forum with science and rational discussion of the issues at http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/

Indeed, as Sarah pointed out, newbies need lymetoo and betty and all our help more than ever now that two of the most caring and dedicated knowledgeable posters are banned.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cave, California, Nature, & Jb, I havent seen the reasons for the bannishment or the threads? Dose anyone know whats up?

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm shocked by this! I cannot read every post on the board but like others, I have seen nothing lately that might have led to Sarah being banned!

What in the world is happening?

I feel like we are all floundering around, not knowing which way to jump, for fear the same thing will happen to us.....

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!

This board is losing credibility

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I *WAS* banned last night but this morning
got a note from Lou B saying it was temporary while Jenifer was carrying out an investigation
and so I was UN-banned!!! Thank goodness.

It really HURT. I was astonished, frankly, because I had htought it would not be so bad with how the board has been, but it REALLY hurt to see those little black letters, "Your posting ability has been revoked" and NOt to be able to see the posts and people I have truly come to have affection for here. I was AMAZED at how distressing it was. It really, really was.

I am SO glad I am back. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you so much-

I am very grateful to be allowed to be here.
Sincerely-
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(((SARAH!!!!)))
*)!)*)!*)!)!!!

I can't possibly tell you how happy I am to see you back here right now!!!!!!! [kiss]

I'm sobbing hysterically!

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

I knew if I believed hard enough, things would start falling back into place.

I hope the rest falls back in too!

[group hug] [kiss]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
(((SARAH!!!!)))
*)!)*)!*)!)!!!

YEA!!!!!!! Did you post this in Medical too??? [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, I just sent you an email in reply to the one you just sent me, and it came back undeliverable . . . so, just wanted to say, glad you're back! [Smile]

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOD BLESS YOU LOU BACHMAN FOR REINSTATING SARAH!

now we have another reason to be THANKFUL for THANKSGIVING DAY!

sarah, i sent you a PM and yours was the 1st email i read today! YIPPEE!! [group hug] [kiss]

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

GOD BLESS YOU LOU BACHMAN FOR REINSTATING SARAH!

now we have another reason to be THANKFUL for THANKSGIVING DAY!

Yes Betty, I agree!!!! Thank you LouB!! [kiss]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad you're back! I was really sad there for a minute! [group hug]

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement