LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How can I find a Lyme Discussion Center near where I live in FL?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can I find a Lyme Discussion Center near where I live in FL?
ballet1
Member # 13930

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ballet1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I am looking to join a group of some kind to talk about "lyme Disease" and all of it's nasty symptoms,...but, am unsure as to where to go?

Could someone help me or tell me how to find a "group" setting for sufferers of Lyme Disease?

I'm in Florida and in Stuart, but i guess being new and all,--am unsure where else to begin?

Thank you for all of your help--
Sincerely,
Ballet1

--------------------
Sincerely,
ballet1

Posts: 8 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look in "Support Groups" in the menu on the left side of this page. I hope you will find a group or at least a contact in Florida near you there.

In what part of Florida is Stuart? What is a bigger city nearby?

If you post that here, you might find that someone who posts here is near you.

Best Luck!
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of these are listed here- MANY support groups in Florida!!!
Welcome*)!

~The Bay Area CFIDS/FMS Support Group

~Central Florida Lyme Support

~Eye On Lyme Network (Statewide)

~Florida Lyme Disease Network, Inc. (Statewide)

~LIFE-Lyme (Lyme International Foundation for
Education)

~Lyme Support Group Florida

~Suncoast CFS_FMS_Lyme Support Network (Tampa)
~The Lyme Leading The Lyme Support Group (Orlando)

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a NEW group that tried to form,,,close to you. Hope somebody from there greets you here,,,

otherwise PM me and I can lead you in right direction to SEE if they got off the ground or floundered!! Ill ask!! being --just don-- and 1750 miles away so dont wait for ME to get there

Pardon my manners,,,most forgot,,WELCOME ABOARD!!! Best support and discussion(here) in the whole nation!! We are as close as your keyboard!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

Also note-

This is the email of a lady running a combo group in Tampa area. Does fibro/Lyme/etc. Might want to check with her about meetings and events.

``````````````````````````````````````````````

There will be a Lyme conference in the Tampa area come January 2008, I believe? Not sure of date but will try to find someone with more details. You might want to go for the education and/or to meet folks? Especially since the conferences don't happen too often down your way.

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Also... contact Dr. James Schaller and ask if there are any groups he may know about in the area. Or Google his name and visit his web site to get contact information for him.

Tell him Tincup said to contact him for help.

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Good luck and keep the Florida borders cleared out and the doors to the sunshine state open. I am headed your way soon to get out of this stupid snow!!!

Sunshine here I come!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ding dong what the bell?

I put the email there for the first suggestion I had above... and it isn't showing?

Here it is again.

[email protected]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also, People seeking doctors in certain states might be able to
get help from their state online information and support group. Over 1200
people belong to these state groups. Many of the groups are small
but quite a few have 20 or more people on them.

To find your state group, go to
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/statenamelyme

Type your state name and lyme as one word, e.g. newyorklyme

For SC, SD, ND and WY, put a hyphen between the statename
and lyme, e.g. northdakota-lyme

The groups are moderated so you have to apply, and we don't
allow doctor names, but once on the group, you can ask for doctors in a certain area and ask people to email you privately.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ballet1
Member # 13930

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ballet1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and Thank you all!,
I do appreciate ALL the information I receive and have received through this website and thru everyone who is diligent, kind , and caring to write to me!

Thank you all very much for your time and help...I really, really, really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ballet1

--------------------
Sincerely,
ballet1

Posts: 8 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Good to know it helped and nice of you to thank folks.

Here is the web site for the Florida conference. Just got it from one of the organizers today and thought of you.

http://www.cme.hsc.usf.edu:80/lyme

I tried to make reservations at a nearby hotel so I could go too... as I can't drive after dark and St. Pete has changed a lot since I was there.

The hotel is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen and I have always wanted to stay there.. at least once in my life time.

HA! Gotta laugh. I actually checked into it and the cost was astronomical... but hey... I CAN dream.. can't I?

It is the old magestic looking pink motel in St. Pete.. which always facinated me when I was young. It is called the Don Ce'sar.. (spelling?)

I actually had picture post cards of it on my fridge years ago just in case Mel Gibson said "Hey, TC, let's get away for a week and go there."

Oh.. time for me to wake up!

Later gator...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lori Laskaris
Member # 14059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Laskaris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the organizer of a suppport group in Tampa, The Tampa Fibromyalgia Meetup Group. The support group is for sufferers of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain, arthritis and lyme disease. We do have monthly meetings with guest speakers and within the next few months a second meeting will be added without a speaker so the members can communicate with each other. We presently have over 40 members and the group is continuing to grow daily.
Posts: 1 | From Tampa, FL | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to LymeNet Lori*)!*)!

I had fibromylagia once and it is all gone!(_(*!!
I am a support group leader, too, in CA!!!
Glad to have you here-
Sincerely,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement