LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I lost another cat.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I lost another cat.
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had a heart attack a couple of hours ago, and I can't sleep.

This is the second cat to die of a heart attack in less than 2 years in this place. In fact, both neighbors on either side of me had heart attacks in the last 2 years, and I myself am living on canned peas, lima beans, grapeseed oil, and grape juice.

I had 4 cats and a dog when I moved in here, and I'm down to one cat - and he has kidney troubles, and he almost died twice.

It's the EMFs. I don't care what any of you say.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Tailz-

Well, no matter why you feel your cat passed away, I am sorry in amongst everything else you deal with that you lost a beloved pet.

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Tailz,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss. [group hug]

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Tailz - I'm so sorry. Truly I am.

Whenever I hear about a number of heart attacks in a certain place, I think of Chlamydia pneumonia (or however you spell it). That stuff is contagious, and airborne, and if it falls on the right `terrain', there are heart problems. That's why Lida Mattman says to never go visit someone with a recent heart attack - send a nice card instead. Or wear a surgical mask over your mouth and nose. I wouldn't be surprised if the EMFs don't contribute to that `terrain'.

But I never figured animals into the equation. And it doesn't explain kidney issues in your dog (probably). So, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. But I do wonder about this.

Also, I do think that repeated vaccination of our pets is making them more vulnerable. And I also think that perhaps that vulnerability is somehow passed on to the next generation. There are just too many new things in the world that seem to set us up for problems. When it comes to trying to prevent disease, we care caught between a rock and hard place.

Sorry, Tailz. This probably isn't what you want to think about right now. Just know that I care.
[Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry about the loss of your cat.
My father,and mother -in-law,live 200 feet from BIG electric lines.They have lived there all there lives.They are in there 80's and healthy.There one husky lived to be 19 years old.They are terribly noisy.
The towers that hold these lines are huge.
You may need to talk to a doctor about this EMF,stuff,because it isnt causeing everything.
Get your life back,go to church.
Get some kind of hobbie,you will feel alot better.My daughter and all her friends have been on cell phones every minute of the day since they have came out years ago,they are all healthy.

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your cat
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

I'm curious as to how you know it was a heart attack? I know when my dog had his first seizure I thought it was a heart attack.

I wouldn't put all my eggs on a cell phone tower for what ails you because with a diet of canned peas and lima beans you could be experiencing aluminum poisoning.

Your cats probably ate canned food,too.

Some Symptoms of Aluminum poisoning:
*Heightened sensitivity to light or darkness.

*Abnormal sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.

*An aversion to noise, touch, movement, odors, etc.

*Unexplained feelings of apprehension or uneasiness.

If symptoms of hypersensitivity are not appropriately treated, they can progress into more serious disorders, such as panic attacks, phobias (excessive fear) and other traumatic emotional and mental illnesses. Even manic-depression and schizophrenia can be directly caused by overexposure to aluminum.

RELATED PHYSIOLOGICAL DISORDERS:
-Breathing disorders
-Bowel and urinary dysfunction (incontinence)
-Cardiac complications (including congestive heart failure)
-Fatigue (extreme exhaustion)
-Eye disorders
-Ear disorders, including hearing loss
-Imbalance
-Immune dysfunction
-Motor tics (involuntary muscle twitches)
-Muscle weakness
-Organ dysfunction (pancreas, thyroid, etc.)
-Parkinsonian symptoms (AD-related)
-Sleep disorders
-Etc.

I know you have talked of a number of these problems in the past. So to be on the safe side start eating fresh or frozen foods only-and perhaps putting your remaining pets on a fresh food only diet,too.

Hopefully it's not too late for you.

Cobby

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry Tailz.

Any chance a vet could do an autopsy? How old was your kitty? Had it been acting sick, or was this sudden?

Especially with your compromised immune system (lyme plus babesia), it would definitely help to eat more fresh foods. Can anyone help you get out and do shopping more often -- is that perhaps why you don't have more in the way of fresh foods?

Best,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry tailz [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so so sorry, Tailz.
Cats can be such dear companions-

Best best wishes,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz, you have my deepest sympathy. I'm sorry for your loss.

What was your cat's name?

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz,

Sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty.

You need to eat properly. Aren't there any social service agencys for you to utilize? I bet that you would even qualify for meals on wheels as you appear to be fairly disabled.

If you are disabled, age isn't a criteria for M on W.

Again, sorry about kitty.

Rhonda

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for your loss. [Frown]

I know what it's like to lose a pet. They are a member of the family as much as any other family member.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Christina

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Thanks, everybody. It's too quiet in here.

His name was Pikachu though - he wasn't even acting lethargic or anything. I took a nap with him yesterday and I woke up with him stretched across my chest with his feet in my face, because he always slept on my chest.

Cobweb, my cats eat better than I do even and always have. They were eating organic dry cat food and drink filtered water from my shower.

My daughter is going to school for nursing. She said that the risk of heart disease has gone up in recent years across the board, meaning more young people even - including people in their 20's - are developing heart disease, and that it often starts with high blood pressure.

Since EMF-exposure causes high blood pressure, why wouldn't I suspect that as a potential cause? There was nothing wrong with his diet - there was definitely something wrong with his electricity though, and it's cumulative. The only cat I've had that has survived past the age of ten was my very first cat, and she was born before the techno boom.

http://tinyurl.com/23gbmf

Laboratory studies suggest that electric and magnetic field exposure may affect heart rate and heart rate variability. Epidemiologic evidence indicates that depressed heart rate variability is associated with reduced survival from coronary heart disease as well as increased risk of developing coronary heart disease.

The authors examined mortality from cardiovascular disease in relation to occupational magnetic field exposure among a cohort of 138, 903 male electric utility workers from five US companies over the period 1950-1988.

Cardiovascular disease deaths were categorized as arrhythmia related (n = 212), acute myocardial infarction (n = 4,238), atherosclerosis (n = 142), or chronic coronary heart disease (n = 2,210). Exposure was classified by duration of work in jobs with elevated magnetic field exposure and indices of cumulative magnetic field exposure.

Adjusting for age, year, race, social class, and active work status, longer duration in jobs with elevated magnetic field exposure was associated with increased risk of death from arrhythmia-related conditions and acute myocardial infarction.

Indices of magnetic field exposure were consistently related to mortality from arrhythmia and acute myocardial infarction, with mortality rate ratios of 1.5-3.3 in the uppermost categories. No gradients in risk were found for atherosclerosis or for chronic coronary heart disease.

These data suggest a possible association between occupational magnetic fields and arrhythmia-related heart disease. Am J Epidemiol 1999;149:135-42.

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Tailz,

The risk of heart disease has gone up because obesity has gone up.

For adults as well as children. Our children today actually face a shorter life

Expectency than we do directly related to obesity.

Lack of exercise, too much fast food, and yes genetics can all play a role in heart disease.

Still sorry about your baby. May be a good time to go to the local animal shelter

And get another one. A kitten may be just what you need. [Smile]

I love cats. Too bad my seven dogs love them too.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz, so sorry you lost another pet. A visit to the animal shelter is needed.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Tailz- I wasn't saying rule it out. I just said don't cast ALL your problems on EMF- if you are only eating canned peas and lima beans then Aluminum Poisoning could be a real issue for YOU.

Cobby

tailz
Unregistered

Thanks, everybody.

I'm even afraid to get another kitten. I almost think it will have a longer lifespan if I let it roam the streets hungry at this point.

By the way, EMFs affect thyroid function and a whole bunch of other things which I'm sure I've posted about, which leads to obesity, which in turn leads to heart disease.

cobweb, I eat canned peas and lima beans, and I'm still alive tonight - my cat isn't - ??? Maybe aluminum poisoning protects against heart disease??? I think I'll eat more - maybe even the can itself.

Cobweb
Unregistered

As you wish.

I agree, it would not be right to knowingly put a kitten in harm's way.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
I think I'll eat more - maybe even the can itself.

????????

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss. We love pets, too & I know what it's like to go through the loss.

Have you checked the Dr. Begich website? http://earthpulse.com/

They sell an Electrosmog Detection Device (see below). I would trust anything he has to offer. He does alot of research & he knows his stuff.

-----
Finally a Reliable Electrosmog Detection Device. After years of our clients looking for the right tool at the right price it is finally here, The Electrosmog Detector MW1. Simple to operate and reliable.

Reveal the invisible - hear it for yourself and decide In a world where fast-growing wireless technology is ever-present, the Electrosmog Detector allows you to hear the digital pulsing of man-made microwave radiation. These could be from

* Digital cordless DECT phones
* Mobile phones
* Computer wireless networks
* Bluetooth UMTS
* Mobile phone masts and base stations
* Baby alarms
* Microwave technology

for more info - https://www.earthpulse.com/src/product.asp?productid=215

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 9 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz,

I feel so sad with you.

I hope your heart is healing.

I don't have children, and I know how important pets can be.

Lots of hugs,

Susan

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Thanks, Sparkle, Susan - Actually, I've been considering getting either the Electrosmog Detector or the Better RF Meter to supplement my Trifield Meter. The Trifield isn't sensitive enough to pick up microwaves at a distance.

Pikachu used to always sit in the high EMF areas, though it is high everywhere really - I could move him, but he would always return.

In fact, just the other day I put a laundry basket on top of the box he kept sitting on because it was located on the wall that my furnace sits against, and the EMFs are enormous there.

My EMF friends told me to watch this, but I can't watch it on this computer until I figure out how to get it to play straight through. I may have to splurge and rent it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1070329053600562261

From the little I was able to watch, it's kind of freaking me out a little.

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 5 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought....didn't you say you lived in a mobile home??

If so, those things are put together in the cheapest way possible out of various laminates held together with solvent cement.

The doors are plastic and even the carpet is glued down.

I've gone into them before and had my eyes sore and watering in a matter of minutes and I'm not particularly sensitive, but those things are as smelly with solvent as a fabric store and I bet they outgas for years kind of like a car in the sun.

I don't know the level of toxicity but it's sure unpleasant and can't be good for you or your pets.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 9 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry for your loss

if its something in your home, maybe you can move?

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Just a thought about mobile homes also.

All of the Katrina trailers were full of flumaldahyde (sp?)

That has made several people, especially the elderly the young, and those with

Compromised immune systems very, very ill.

It may be another factor to consider.

If it is a mobile home, do you own or rent it?

It is harder to move one of those things than it is to find another one to rent.

Good luck.

Hugs,

Geneal

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz if you want you can pm me or post exactly what happened to your cat as I am (or was) a vet tech.

I have to agree that EMF stuff is not likely.

Maybe a blood clot or something. I might be able to give you a better idea IF you want to go into details.

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the "Endgame" link. I wanted to watch it but I didn't think it was on Google or YouTube yet. "Terrorstorm" was very good. I don't agree with everything Alex Jones says but he's an amazing source of info. I'm glad he's out there.

Seems like you could have a problem with indoor pollution (as someone mentioned) as well as a sensitivity to EMF. Do you have any air filtration for your home?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Actually, this place really did seem to bother me when I first moved in back in 2004 - in fact, there were times I felt as if I could taste formaldehyde or some chemical.

I think the first two years are the worst though with new mobile homes, and I hardly ran the AC the last two years for that reason - so that I could ventilate. It doesn't bother me now like it once did. I even crack the window in the winter to get some fresh air because of the propane.

merrygirl - as far as my cat goes, he started vomiting, and it woke me up, though all he was throwing up at first was mucous. I thought at first he was just hacking up a furball, but when I put my glasses on, he seemed stressed out, and something didn't seem right - he seemed like he had balance issues and was drooling a lot. His eyes looked really glassy, too.

He eventually made his way to the litter box, had a bowel movement, and then sort of hung out in the litter box, still drooling. I pulled him out, and he seemed to be breathing funny - labored - his ears fely hot, too. I could also hear fluid in his breathing.

Unlike my last cat that had been on meds for an enlarged heart, Pikachu seemed to be able to walk around some enough to find a corner or crawl under something, before he would collapse again. I was going to take him to the animal hospital, but while I was outside, he actually climbed in the bathtub and threw up (food this time, but not a whole lot). In fact, it looked pretty fresh.

Towards the end though he was vomiting pink mucous. I think that freaked me out more than anything. In fact, now I'm freaking out because I'm wondering if maybe he swallowed his tongue??? I was too panicky to even think of that.

I know he was seizuring at the end there, but wouldn't that happen with a heart attack or some sort of blockage due to a clot???

I can't get that picture out of my head though. Do you think he swallowed his tongue?

tailz
Unregistered

No - it was the EMFs. 2 cats and 2 humans with heart attacks in 3 years? And that's just the first 3 houses - who knows what's going on up the street from me here.

http://tinyurl.com/23gbmf

Laboratory studies suggest that electric and magnetic field exposure may affect heart rate and heart rate variability. Epidemiologic evidence indicates that depressed heart rate variability is associated with reduced survival from coronary heart disease as well as increased risk of developing coronary heart disease.

Geneal
Member # 10375

Dear Tailz,

You can't swallow your tongue. It is connected to the bottom of your mouth with

A whole group of muscles and ligaments.

You can choke to death on your tongue (swelling).

Pink mucus sounds like blood maybe.

Is it possible your cat had pneumonia or an allergic reaction to something he

Had possibly eaten? Feline leukemia? Feline AIDs?

There are so many possible explanations for heart attacks.

I think if your cat would have had one, it would have collapsed and not wondered around

Being sick. Of course I am not a vet.

It is possible for you to have an autopsy on your pet to determine the cause of death.

I have 14 out of 15 people in less than a quarter of a mile of me with Lyme disease.

While I am suspicious as to the vector (tick? mosquito? biting fly?)

There is no doubt in my mind as to what problem we all have.

Get thee gone from there. See if your health improves.

I am not discounting the possibility of EMF's causing problems.

What I am gently suggesting is that there can be and are many other possible culprits for the

High number of heart attacks, etc. in your immediate area.

How was the health of your neighbors? Were they overweight?

Did heart disease run in their families?

Could they have had Lyme?

Think of the endless scenarios you can work that can biologically cause these conditions.

Hugs,

Geneal

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz, the symptoms you describe are exactly those of one of my (late) cats. He died of kidney failure. Pink drool, etc. Took him to the vet, who said he'd have to be on the human version of dialysis, which even if possible would only buy him time. Again, I'm so sorry.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz, you don't use a clumping cat litter, do you?

I know there have been problems with the animals breathing the dust and/or licking their paws and ingesting the bentonite/ clay that is in the litter. And dogs often try to gobble up cat feces from the litter box, and so they can ingest it too.

Just a thought.... I just don't want you to make assumptions without looking at some other angles, also.

If you think it is EMFs, why not get some Hypericum 30C and try giving yourself a dose to see if it antidotes the EMFs? Or perhaps a dose of St. John's Wort extract might work the same..... (remember, this was discussed on another thread?)

If it worked for you, perhaps you could give you and your pets a dose once or twice a week to protect them from the effects - whenever you feel the EMF effects strongly yourself? I'm not a homeopath and I would not want you to use the Hypericum indefinitely, but the St. John's Wort on occasion over a long term probably would not hurt.

I feel so bad for you. It is not your fault, you know. We are all being subjected to various contaminants that are beyond our control. [Frown]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Tailz-

A few things come to mind-

The pink drool/vomit could just be tinged with blood due to the irritation of his throat from vomiting.

The other things that I think of are

Was he peeing ok? Male cats that get a urinary blockage go from normal to death in a short time and almost alway vomit. (the going in the litter box and having a BM is highly suspicious)

Was there any Antifreeze, rat poision, medications etc that he could have gotten into?

Do you sew?

Yes a blood clot that was in his leg that then traveled to his heart or lungs could cause the symptoms you describe.

How old was he?

Sorry again for your loss

Melissa

tailz
Unregistered

He may have had something wrong with his kidneys - I don't know. He always drank a lot of water, but my vet was not concerned. Pretty much all cats eventually die of kidney failure though, if they happen to make it to that age.

It was too sudden though. He wasn't even lethargic. He was his normal self - always bright-eyed - and even when we went to sleep that night, he was fine. He was eating and everything. His drool was actually clear until the very end there, too. I think that was just from straining.

Also, I've been using the same cat litter for several years - I don't even get the scented kind any longer for that reason.

I lost my oldest cat to kidney failure a few years back, and she started with weight loss and thirst. Her death was not sudden at all. In fact, she was the first cat I have ever had put to sleep because I couldn't stand to watch her suffer any longer. She was collapsing at her water bowl, weak, but not in any apparent excruciating pain.

He was maybe about 7 or 8 tops though. He wasn't really one to get into any trouble either. I really don't think he swallowed anything, and I double-checked the symptoms of a heart attack, and he had all of them - nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, etc... I could tell he was in pain - that was a given.

Though there are always other factors, the one factor that all these heart attack have in common is exposure to an exceptionally high magnetic field due to the power lines, area cell phone towers, etc...

I trust Dr. Robert Becker - author of 'Cross Currents' and 'The Body Electric'. He says ALL man-made electromagnetic fields are a health hazard.

My daughter is taking nursing courses and she says that 40% of all people on high-blood pressure meds today are under the age of 20. I don't think we are really eating any worse today than we were back when I grew up. I ate greasy McD's growing up, too. Growing up nobody was sick at the age of 40, but now it seems everybody is sick at a young age. What has changed really?

I am not saying that Lyme Disease isn't a factor - I think EMF exposure promotes Lyme Disease and all of the coinfections. Why won't anybody believe me? This is serious. If he's had chronically high blood pressure from exposure to magnetic fields, of course his heart got damaged.

I think I'm going to start playing the lottery. I'm even afraid to get any more pets. I thought of getting a bird, but they especially hate magnetic fields.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

The noisy breathing is suspicious of heart issue/pulmonary edema-

He also could have aspirated.

I guess a million things are possible

you are right when you say that a lot of cats die of kidney failure. It is a long process and not usually sudden.

Well he is in a better place now---

adamm
Unregistered

I am so sorry to hear this. Just for the record, I don't

doubt for A MINUTE that EMF exposure exacerbates the symptoms

of infection. But so many other hazards in our environment do

too...

Sorry, I hope I'm not just making you feel worse ...

[group hug]

tailz
Unregistered

Awww, thanks everybody. Sounds crazy, but I promised him I'd wake him up one day. I think he's just sleeping <3

I just wish there was something I could have done. I panicked - it was snowing - he was in pain - I'm just glad we'd been taking naps together. He used to climb up and plop his fat hiney on my books. I miss it already <3

WildCondor
Unregistered

So sorry!

I just lost my cat too, he was my baby. I found him on the floor one morning all stretched out, it was awful and I don't know what happened. He had a heart murmur so he probably had a heart attack. It's been an awful time. [Frown]

Just adopted 2 kittens from the shelter. of course they got sick and now they are on antibiotics, it could be a virus though. Been to the Vet so much this month! I am so sorry for your loss too.

Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz--

Sorry about your sweet kitty.

Any chance this cat was exposed to Lillie's? As in the plant? Years ago my cat decided to ingest a lilly flower and within just a few minutes he vomited pink foam and died.

At the time, I had no idea what he had eaten, but with a bit of detective work I found that they were poisonous and one of the flowers had been chewed on.

I felt horrible about it!....this sounds so similar.

Was he an outside cat? Could he have eaten something else poisonous?

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Thanks everybody. Pets are like kids, I think. I'm still bummed out, especially at night, and my remaining cat seems really bummed out, too - they were best buddies.

My cat was and always has been an indoor cat though, and he wasn't a plant eater. In fact, he was too scared to even jump and look out the windows, after having fallen out a window when we first moved here.

Apparently, screens in mobile homes are made to push out for speedy escape from fires. I didn't know that, and he must've been going after a bug on the screen once, fallen out, and he just sat there on the ground howling in fear until I went outside and brought him in.

It's the electromagnetic and/or microwave fields. I can attest to that because I went to the store this morning, was feeling okay (again - not great, but okay), and I got nuked again by two cell phones in a row.

I think it raises my blood pressure, because I immediately begin to sweat. It also was severe enough this time that I felt pressure at the base of my skull on the left side, pressure along the left side of my jaw, pressure behind my left eye, and I felt like I could not focus at all - panicky and ticked off at the same time. In fact, someone had to come up and tell me it was my turn in line. It also caused me to feel like things were at different distances, depending on which eye I covered.

I'm still feeling the effects, because I just wrote 'I' for 'eye' in the last sentence, and I had to fix it.

I'll bet this is what happened to my cat, too. I had to leave and come home though - that's how sick it made me.

I'm telling you - these fields cannot be safe.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement