LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » just pray, please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just pray, please.
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey folks,

i haven't been on in a long, long time. we've been fighting a rather arduous yet silent battle..
hoping to come with news of inspiration when we could share it.

please meditate our way, or whatever you may do along those lines, for my son and our family.

situations related to lyme, it's aftermath,
and tremendous adversity have brought a kid who has nearly overcome severe lyme disease to his knees, yet again. so much pain in his young life to have to bear.

we've lived through the past few years learning to believe that adversity is our friend, never our enemy. my wish is that everyone facing this disease can learn that, which we have learned,
as this lesson had transformed our lives.

yet a major blow leaves us with little or no faith in this at the moment. i haven't felt this way in many years.

we need spiritual intervention and hope.

what's happened now feels so much more out of our control than the lyme, as difficult as that may be to comprehend. sorry to be so mysterious.
i just can't say what. just that it's very extreme, and i'm not sure if this post is in sheer desperation or just retreating to a familiar comfort zone, probably both. i do know that many people here have helped us through in years past.

despite absence on this board, our thoughts have been with you all and doctor jones, everyday.

take good care,

mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mo, i've been wondering for ages where you were since the protests last nov! i keep meaning to ask folks, and then i forget; darn lyme!

mo, you, your son, and family are in my thoughts and prayers that you can overcome this lyme crisis and other things going on in your life right now!

may you kick it in the butt again, and may God interveve during your FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND WALK!

i know you are really anxious, etc., now, but if you MIGHT take 5-10 minutes and write a letter to conn. medical board on behalf on dr. jones since you have i assume an UNDER AGE 18 son with lyme, please do so.

here's all the details with 2 EXAMPLE LETTERS: LYME PATIENTS AND SUPPORT GROUP ONE AT TOP.

below that are all letters copied to the board at this time. dec. 18 is the FINAL DECISION for dr. jones!

DILLY is a lyme patient and has a very touching one.

meanwhile, consider yourself being prayed for and WELCOME BACK MO! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you prayers and Angels to hold and comfort your son and you.

Believe.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, Mo.

I hate this d*** disease.

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope&pray this gets settled for you mo

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray too!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I've been missing you on the board.

I know how gallantly and lovingly you've struggled to help your children overcome this life-smashing illness. I know that you've done and will do everything you can to protect and uphold your son.

My prayers and hopes are with you all.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the strength to fight the fight.
[group hug]

Hugs and Prayers for you and your son.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

Praying things are MO better sooon. [Smile]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH, I am so sorry to hear this. I think of you often and I know the struggles you've had.

I'm sorry all of you are suffering so much. Please give everyone a hug for me and let them know they are being prayed for.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending good vibes that things will take a turn for the better.

Hugs
DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying Mo

Gentle hugs to you and the family.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear this Mo--kids don't deserve LD
and all it entails. I'm wishing the best for you
and your family, and I'll be praying for a quick
resolution!

Please keep us posted.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you so much.

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mo,

I'll be praying for you and your family.

You've been a source of information and encouragement this past year while dealing with my daughter's illness and the related school situation.

I appreciate it.

May your kindness be returned 100 fold.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,
You've got my prayers too -
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prayers & love to you, mo. i've missed your presence on this board.

[group hug]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

I will keep your family in my prayers. [group hug]

I know how hard it is with sick kids - Jake & Jordan are still struggling.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for hope, Mo. I know what it's like to care for a child and try to be their visionary for them.

I keep telling my daughter that I see what lies ahead for her, and we just have to endure. Some days, I just have to be silent.

But, I'm just praying for a flicker of hope for you.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MO?? How are things going? [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there Miss Maureen,

My most heartfelt prayers are with you and Ryan and the rest of the family.

Know that we love you and care, always.
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending hopeful and positive energy your way, Mo!

[group hug]

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you and your family. Sending good vibes your way!

Hang in there.

Melissa [group hug]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 9 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

So sorry I didn't see this thread earlier! I am horrified to think of what you are going through.
If there is anything we can do.....!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,
things got worse and then worse again. no real holidays in our home this year.

today's a little bit of a turning point, i think, so thanks for all of your thoughts.

i feel like an idiot because i really can't share
details right now, besides, aside from privacy concerns and general paranoia on my part -
that should be his call.

i never thought we'd face something as hard as the lyme after he finally recovered so well.

then he got totally slammed by the school, and now this.

i can tell it's life crisis mode because i have that "lyme warrior" fashion statement going on everyday; the same three pairs of sweats, no makeup, bloodshot eyes, bad breath.. [Cool]

it's hard to have faith anymore, just too many big blows -- so thanks for all the notes. it's great to touch in with you all again.

hopefully, i'll be back sometime. keep him in your heart when you can. it'll be a rough road ahead.

mo

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mo, thanks for tonight's update on your son/you/family crisis.

you think you've bottomed out, then something else happens worse than what we were contending with!

oh poop on murphy's law! ************************ sending you my prayers still! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

Mo, my good memories are of you one 1 yr. ago at LYME RALLY!! IT was great seeing photos of you, hats/scarves, donna in her green boots, etc. i'd talked to you folks for years and then to finally put a face on the words we each pour out on this board to get us thru another hour, day, week, month, and year!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackpowder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackpowder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I don't know you personally but I recognize pain when I see it. My prayers will be with you. That sounds so lame but I will stop right now and do it. Disease is bad enough but then

you get hit with something else and wonder how much more you can handle. People tell you God doesn't give you more than you can take but sometimes I wonder if He doesn't overestimate

us. Keep the faith . It still beats the alternative -face it with no faith or hope. Take care of yourself and son.

Posts: 111 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs to you and your son MO [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers to you and your son.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for you and your family, Mo, especially your son.

I've lived through one health crisis after another with myself and my son and know how difficult it is to go through.

May God wrap his loving arms around you and give you peace and strength throughout this ordeal. [group hug]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I am sorry that you are having problems. Our children have had some parallels but I do not know your circumstance at the moment. You may not even want my interjections.

But my daughter would not be here without constant intervention by someone stronger than us, a brilliant and perceptive LLMD, and a trip to a brain damaged clinic.

The clinic discovered that the infection/s had done brain damage. This is an often overlooked piece of this puzzle, or it has turned out so with us. She had pits or pot marks all thru the brain along with hypoperfusion and elec. things misfiring. There was also damage from 2 head traumas.

Within 2 days, we had hope. Prior to that she was going downhill fast with no hope. Her memory, cognitive skills were horrible. Her actions and words were discouraging.

We have had a major reversal of all. Some cognitive issues, memory and reasoning skills need work.

If Ryan is falling into a downward spiral with things that are happening, this may be an area to research. We spent 3 days in Reston, Va getting evals and help but it was worth every dime of the money that was almost all non-reimbersable.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MO,
i am so sorry to learn of your continued struggles. i haven't been around in quite some time.

there is nothing harder than having a sick child.

prayers your way.
best,
hopeful123

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] Mo [group hug]

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryL
Member # 11997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, you don't know me, but may you soon see the dim light at the end of your dismal tunnel. Where there is life, there is hope. God bless you. [kiss]
Posts: 81 | From Iowa | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MO...my upstate friend!

Please PM me. Perhaps I can help...I have been through it ALL...your hair would curl.

In the meanwhile, my hopes are for your ordeal to end on a high note.

Peace, Love and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mo,

It has been a while for me too!

Life with lyme seems a lot like you started off with a stove top complete with 4 burners. AFter lyme you may have only 2.5. Then you go to a place in life where one of those burners that was out, decides to work!

Now we're living large!

Then life throws you something and your attention moves from one burner to the other, you're left only one working burner.

The others--well who cares?? when that one burner is singe-ing your eyebrows!!

Many heartfelt prayers and thoughts your way Mo.

Lisa [group hug]

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement