LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Newbie;Please Read

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie;Please Read
trish4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(21 year old f) --Okay so I am new to this board and I'm extremely excited I found it.

I will start with a breif history of my struggle with lyme disease so far - I began feeling sick 3 1/2 years ago and was finally dx with LD this past July. My main symptoms right now are mainly all neurological (severe brain fog, confusion, difficulty retrieving words, eye pain, difficulty talking with others, depression, stiff neck, head pressure etc) along with fatigue.

When I first contracted lyme (I know this now cause I do remember getting the rash but because at the time I didnt know the world lyme even existed I didn't care to tell my dr about it) I started just feeling an all over malaise and extreme anxiety. I brushed it off thinking it was nothing serious - Oh if only i knew what i know now! I started having really bad panic attacks and heart problems (felt like I was dying and my heart would stop at any second) I'm sure you lymies know what I'm talking about though.

Anyhoo I found myself at the ER at least once a month, and of course left getting dx with fibro CFS depression, had a psych consult and all the other bs you know we all go through. Than my neuro symptoms came, even though they weren't that bad at the time ( i know that now cause I can see how bad neuro symptoms can really get seeing what its doing to my brain now) Well my neuro symptoms started in the beginning of January 2007 (2 1/2 yrs after lyme infected me) progressively getting worse each month.

Okay so July, after finally getting diagnosed I started on oral ceftin 800 mg per day and immediately felt better! No herxing at all! My body, anxiety, heart, and neuro symptoms all improved! My neuro symptoms not as much but they were never that bad to begin with. I immediately felt 80% better. I was so thankful I couldn't believe it. But than 2 months ago (and 2 months after being on these meds) I started feeling extremely sick. My neuro symptoms were at there worst, as they still are now, and I'm wondering if this could be the herx reaction? Is it possible for it to come 2 months after starting treatment. Do you guys think my neurological symptoms will improve again?
I thought that it might be because I became immune to these abx but if that was the case why would my symptoms be even WORSE than they were to begin with. I'm hoping I'm making sense and than you guys will be able to understand and reply to my writing.

Posts: 370 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Trish,

44yr old f here. Sounds like you are herxing. Ceftin is an abx for sinus etc issues and not a monster abx like doxy. It may be that they started you on ceftin so that you could graduate, if necessary, to the big guns at some point.

What also may be happening is that the spirochetes have adapted to the ceftin and are saying screw you! We're staying. We know how to work around it! You may want to start another abx in combo with the ceftin.

It will get worse, before it gets better. If you need someone to talk to... I'm here. This is my safe place and I've been off abx for a little over a year, but symptoms are becoming worse and I panic a LOT.

Sincerely,

Lisa

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont really have any info on the antibiotic you are on, but wanted to say welcome.

You may want to post your med question in medical.

For some reason not a lot of people come to the other areas.

[hi]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME TO LYMENET!*)*)!!

Everyone I know who has stuck in there with antibiotics has had their neuro symptoms go away if they were treated aggressively enough- so yes, I think your prognosis is GREAT!!!!

Merry is right- Medical is the most populated section here-
Best wishes,
WELCOME*)!
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement