LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » how did the green santa's do this year?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how did the green santa's do this year?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been gone for about a month but shipped my stuff out early.

can anybody please tell me how we did?

everybody happy?

to tell you the truth i cna't even remember who i had, what i did or didn't do....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAYNE
Member # 12444

Icon 14 posted      Profile for JAYNE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there! I think the green santas are wonderful and I will say that my children were recipients and we felt very blessed.Thank you to all green santas and we hope to be a green santa next year. Again thank you! As we would not have had the Christmas we did without you.

Jayne

--------------------
jayne

Posts: 22 | From home | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randibear,

My kids also received gifts from the Green Santas this year, and they really enjoyed their gifts.

See, I was laid off Sept. 28,2007, and with all of the living expenses, their christmas was looking bleak, and then I discovered the Green Santa Program and signed up.

I am truely grateful to all of the Green Santas who helped our families, and all of the families of lymenet.

We are blessed to have yall in our lives, making it a little easier to handle the bad times.

We hope to be on our feet next christmas and will sign up to be a Green Santa, as will my mom, she doesn't have lyme, but she has me, and she seen the outpouring of love from yall.

Again - THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE GREEN SANTA'S!!!

[hi]

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a beautiful card in response to my gift. It made me wish I could have done more.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Granddaughter got the privledge of having 2 green santa's. However one of them didn't have a return address on it and we didn't get to send that one a card!!!

We were very upset about this as the gifts were wonderful and helped her to have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Whoever was the Green Santa that didn't get a card from Dakodah, please PM me and let me know who you are.

This was one of the kindest things people have ever done for our little one. THANK YOU!!!

Love and Hugs,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received thanks from both of our families. I try to get my lymie encouraged to participate in the shopping or with suggestions so she feels part of the process.

It is a win-win situation and glad we can help. WE hope to be able to continue. Thanks always to those that help organize it all. lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a beautiful thank you note from my family. Shopping for "a daughter" was such a treat for me, since I have two boys!

This added an unexpected lift to my holiday season. I'm ready for more! It was a great experience.

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a beautiful letter and art work from one of the teenagers I had. It made me feel so good.

She said it was as if I knew her by the things I picked out for her. I did know her in my heart, as I was shopping for her.

Giving is so much better than receiving.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't received a thank you in two years.... but that will not keep me from giving!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a lovely handmade thank you card. It felt really good to do such a nice thing. I realize that it very well could be my family that needs help in the future.

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love, love, love green santa
it's actually so much fun imo to be a green santa
i had a ball being able to do it two yrs in a row for several kids in the past

this year, though, for the first time, my son was a recipient of two green santas. it definitely helped make his christmas a brighter one

i cannot imagine, but definitely appreciate, all the work, time and organization that is put into this awesome program we have and the generosity of all those who choose to be a green santa

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Jill, it is so much fun to be a green santa.

That's what the holidays are about!

It feels good to be able to share Christmas with others.

Thank you, Julie, for organizing!!

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No thank you here and I had a couple of families. [confused]

I guess it doesn't really matter, just that the kids had a good Christmas.....

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a letter of thanks from the mother. She cried when she opened my note with gift card for her son. She enjoyed the shopping she got to do for her son with it.

I cried when I read her letter of thanks. I tried so hard to go shopping again this year for my Green Santa child. I just didn't have enough good days this holiday season.

Maybe next year will better. I hope and pray.

A big THANK YOU TO JULIE FOR ALL HER HARD WORK!!!!!

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year, as a recipient, my family recieved gifts from 3 or 4 Green Santas. I was so sick I got disorganized and couldnt' match up what came from who or even who were the Green Santas.

I felt awful, but I was unable to send thank you notes. This year I was able to sponsor several; and it was great to do so.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a sweet thank you including a picture of the two children I sent gifts to. It was really nice to be able to see what the children look like and imagine their happiness on Christmas morning opening their gifts. I hope to help again next year!
Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never understood why ppl don't thank their green santas.

i remember one year i got one thank you card from the mother of two little girls i was green santa for out of the three different families i bought for. at first i was truly annoyed but realized it was the thought that counted and i shouldn't need a thank you.

but a thank you just really makes us feel that we're appreciated, it also lets us know that the gifts were ACTUALLY RECEIVED (i worried about that with the other two families i never heard from), that the gifts were enjoyed and it promotes the feeling that the individual will want to do it again the following year

i've known of several ppl, this was a few yrs ago, who decided to stop doing the green santa lymenet program and instead do this kind of thing with other charities/programs because they didn't receive any thank you's from any of the families they sent presents to and they didn't like how that made them feel (some had been more than one yr in a row w/out any gratitude)

even if you lose their address/names, etc you can either contact julie to get their info to pm them or even just post something on the board which ppl have done over the yrs

i've seen several ppl over the yrs thank their green santas on lymenet, either because they didn't have an address to send a thank you card to or lost the information (we all know how that is) or hadn't been able to get out thank you cards to them yet and wanted them to know how much they appreciated the green santa's thoughtfulness

i've always done girls also wiseforit. gives me a chance to buy fun girly stuff for once since my son is into power rangers and transformers lol. i truly had more fun shopping for the girls i did green santa for more than any relative or friend (and, boy, did i overspend lol)

map:
personally, i think gift cards are definitely awesome. that way you don't buy them something they don't like or something they already have. and i doubt most ppl put in a receipt to return gifts (or if it's from amazon it's an amazing amount to ship back to exchange) so then what does the parent do with gifts the child already has or they know will dislike?

plus it gives the parents the chance to go shopping and get into the holiday cheer with shopping for their child. you know if they don't have the money for their child's gifts they prob didn't do much christmas shopping - so it puts them in the spirit to be able to go out and shop on their own when they would not have been able to do it otherwise

~
so, anyways, to anyone who had a green santa just know that your thanks (whether it's a christmas card, a handwritten note, a picture of the kids opening presents, a drawing one of the kids did or even a post on lymenet saying "thanks to all of 'insert child's first name here' green santas", etc)...it means alot

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy raises a good point :

Sometimes people are too sick to send their thank you's.

I'll raise another:

We all weren't raised the same way. Some of us place a high value on a thank you while others don't. It's not rude, it's just people being themselves.

I'll repeat what you said Jill: we don't do it for the thank you's.

But I agree. A note on lymenet lets the green santa know the gift was received.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it is wonderful that the mom was able to go shopping with a gift card for her child, there are some here who are too ill to do that, so it would just be one more thing to do. Something to keep in mind.

My kids are grown, so I haven't been a recipient. I know that any times my thank you notes get lost or forgotten until I've forgotten who got me what.

So, please be easy on the others. We are all ill here, so we need to remember that.

The important thing is that the children are able to receive some thing for the holiday and not feel left out due to Lyme and how it has affected their family.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a Green Santa three years, and only got a thank you once. BTW, I did ask Julie for the names and addresses of my Green Santas the year I was a recipient, but she wouldnt' give them to me due to confidentiality I believe.

I always feel a little hurt when I don't get a thank you, but it doesn't deter me from giving. This is making me thank of the stack of thank you notes I have sitting on my table for this year, not Green Santa but the kids' relatives, etc. I have been too sick to fill them out as of yet. I hope I don't miss out on doing it.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first came down sick, I was in such a fog I couldn't recall if I had thanked someone for driving me to the doctor's or not.

I got where I would thank them when I first got in the car if I was able as I knew that as more things were asked of the brain common courtesy (sp?)would be lost or I wouldn't even recall if I had thanked them by the time I got out of the car and finished the trip.

Actually sending a thank you was out too. I was pretty much in lala land.

I still have this problem although not as bad. I had someone help pay for a refurbished ion foot spa earlier this year from someone on lymenet.

I keep thinking I will recall who that was so I can thank them..or wonder if I did thank them.

If you are reading this will you remind me who you are. You come to mind a lot.

A lady here at the apartments brought over an afgan she made for me a month or two ago. I keep looking at the people as I pass them in the hall and wonder ...was it that person.

I have not sent a thank you card to her.

When I can multi task while in my power chair going down the hall, I will ask some of the people I see to see if they were the person when I am able. I haven't been able yet. About 3 month now. And I am doing fairly good. AT least able to get Rosie out 3 times a day now to toilet.

The brain doesn't process or something going on with making connections.

But, so far I am able to say hi, but can't communicated enough to ask.

If I have not been moving and am reclining while in the power chair I have a better chance of communcation.

But, mostly I am going from point a to be in the power chair.

Also if it is one on one I do better. If more things are going on I pretty much am just trying to be there.

Same with those who made my Christmas Christmas this year.

REcall is not good. Still trying to connect the dots on some or make the connection.

Wondering if I have thanked them. Know i went through a lala land period there for about 3 weeks where making a cup of tea was out.

STill trying to adjust to the way the brain and body work and adjust so I can do a better job of things.

Ok brain is gone now. not even sure if I said what I wanted.

Just wanted to let you know that is so nice and gives one hope when others show they care.

And you are thought of a lot..whether or not the brain can make the connection of who it was that did help.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

quote:
Originally posted by carly:

We all weren't raised the same way. Some of us place a high value on a thank you while others don't. It's not rude, it's just people being themselves.

this kinda ruffled my feathers
basically, my view of what you said is that some ppl aren't raised to thank ppl for going out of their way to do nice things for them. therefore it's ok to be selfish, self absorbed and a mooch simply because mommy didn't teach you any different and apparently you never picked up on it through the journey of life

i'm sure that's not exactly what you meant but that's what was implied to me (and the selfish, etc, part is meant in general, not to those who don't thank their green santas). and that's not a good enough excuse as to why ppl don't say thank you (in general) to those who go out of their way for them, their families, their children, etc

hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a Green Santa for three years, and gotten a thank you each time.

Even if you don't get one, I'm sure the people are indeed thankful.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my second year as a Green Santa. I got a beautiful note last year.

This year I received a lovely note for a stocking stuffer from one family and no note from a second family regarding a large gift.

I figure the giving is my gift and the notes are bonus icing.

Long Live The Green Santa Project!

wiserforit [Smile]

Posts: 273 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done it for 3 years and have never gotten a thank you note, which is ok - I also believe the giving is the reward.

Also, my husband ships from work (for free!), which is fantastic, but the return address is hard to see on the shipping label, so that may be a factor too.

but it would be nice to know your gifts have been recieved and were enjoyed.

Maybe there could be a thread on Lymenet "Thank your Green Santas here" or something.

I totally get that people are sick and that is why they signed up for the program in the first place, but maybe a thread on Lymenet would make the process easier.

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought, if one is able to take the time to sign up for this wonderful program......seems that they would also be capable of a simple Thank you.

I wonder if my kids even received their gifts, thats all.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea to be able to communicate back to Green Santa here on site via pm or via a thread.

It would be nice to make sure they received the gifts.

That sounds do able.

How about sending them a pm asking? I am assuming that brain fog or some other thing with lyme is keeping them from seeing clear enough to respond.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think that's a great idea. having a site where the recipients could post about their kids and families. and what they got.

i've been a green santa for uh, 3 years i think and only got one response in the mail. i was truly delighted and pleased. i had enclosed the sales receipt so they could take things back if they had to.

it would be nice to hear what other people got their families.

maybe they'll do it this year....

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
[QB] Haven't received a thank you in two years.... but that will not keep me from giving!!!

I got a lovely thank you that warmed MY heart and my husband's as well!

Thank you, Kimberly! [Smile]

I was so glad to be able to shop for a little one!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kam:

How about sending them a pm asking?

We don't usually know their screen names....unless we are lucky enough to put 2 and 2 together.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Julie2763
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie2763     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, sorry I haven't been here to post on the subject but my computer has been messed up for weeks. I just finally got one to use temporarily until mine is back in commission.

I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. Some of the Green Santa's want to stay anonymous. I will respect their wishes.

If someone asks me for an address, I do my best to get it for them. Sometimes people do not answer their pm's for awhile, so sometimes it takes awhile to get an answer. Sometimes, people don't answer their pm's at all!

Because we sometimes have more than 1 green santa to help families with multiple kids, it can get very confusing for people to keep track of what they received from whom. For instance, we have some families with 5 children, so that could be 10 different green santas (stocking stuffers and presents).

I have received a couple of emails from people trying to figure it all out. And remember, Christmas can be a very busy and hectic time. And if you are affected by LD, it can be really hard to keep things straight.

Regarding gift cards - we only give them to people who are able to shop or people that come in at the very last minute asking for help.

I do have a couple of pm's that I just read from people wanting to thank their Green Santas. I will direct them to this post.

Thanks again for everyone that helped make Operation Green Santa a success again this year.

Julie

Posts: 494 | From Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schnuddelka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schnuddelka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I just logged on for the first time in quite a few weeks and all I can say is, WOW!

I really don't want to add to the drama, but I think the anger people are feeling needs to be redirected and replaced with compassion. This is my second year receiving gifts from Green Santa, and struggling with my second year of IV treatment, I am sooooooo grateful for the people who are willing to help others, whatever their motive.

My son had a wonderful Christmas because of the green Santa program.

Last year, I was so out of it, I couldn't remember conversations from one day to the next. So when the gifts arrived, I didn't think to save the boxes for addresses, and only actually expected one gift.

By the time I realized what was happening, I realized I didn't have the addresses to say thank you, so I posted one online.

This year, I knew what to expect, however I didn't expect the ENORMOUS generosity. I gave a few ideas and he ended up getting all of them! I was so touched, I sat wrapped in my purple afghan and cried and prayed, thanking God for all of the people who I don't even know and are willing to help us.

As we all know, the lyme treatments cost a lot, and Green Santa make our lives easier so that we don't have to choose between gifts or medicine.

We received three packages this year, and people bought gifts and shipped them online. Two of the packages had the address of the person who sent it and we sent prompt thank yous.

However, the last box didn't have an address on it. So, if you're the one who sent the gift, I am sorry that you didn't get a thank you. My son loved his art supplies and has already drawn many, many sketches as well as one magnificent painting!

I'm pretty sure everyone who receives green santa gifts has the best of intentions, but please have realistic expectations, understanding that memory lapses, disorganization and simple misunderstanding the system all are the reality of the recipients.

Thanks a million to Julie for organizing this program, because as a Mom who has received help, I get tears in my eyes when I think about the reality that so many lyme moms and dads go through. You are all angels, and I hope to be able to be a giver next year instead of a receiver!

In His care,
Jenn

--------------------
When given lyme make lymeade!
A tick check a day keeps lyme away! [email protected]
Raising awareness by creating as many lymebassadors as possible!

Posts: 158 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got two fabulous boxes for Finn this year -- big noisy firetruck, toothbrush and lots of other amazing stuff like lip balms and toys.

I stayed a little organized by taking the addresses off the boxes and I lost one. The box is still out back and I so want to send a note to the lovely woman who was Finn's green Santa.

Help!

Jeanne

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

i had a family in uh, west virginia, i think. i got such a wonderful thank you.

i've never had children so i got a little carried away....i'm sure momy and daddy thought i was crazy but i had a blast.

i hope the little one is doing much better. i wish i could have seen their faces on christmas.

oh, it was the first thank you i had received.

--------------------

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Jill said:
quote:

Originally posted by carly:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this kinda ruffled my feathers
basically, my view of what you said is that some ppl aren't raised to thank ppl for going out of their way to do nice things for them. therefore it's ok to be selfish, self absorbed and a mooch simply because mommy didn't teach you any different and apparently you never picked up on it through the journey of life

i'm sure that's not exactly what you meant but that's what was implied to me (and the selfish, etc, part is meant in general, not to those who don't thank their green santas). and that's not a good enough excuse as to why ppl don't say thank you (in general) to those who go out of their way for them, their families, their children, etc
quote:

Sorry to ruffle your feathers, Jill.
No, that's NOT what I meant to imply.

To say it more plainly: some people don't send thank-yous - at all. It doesn't mean they don't appreciate things.

Sending a thank-you card doesn't make you more appreciative of a gift (...or a favor, or whatever.)

Furthermore, if ppl only do something because they want to receive a "thank-you", that's plain wrong.

It's not about the thank-you, it's about the kids having a good Christmas.

Julie F.
Member # 15956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie F.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got warm thank you note and photo from the family that we helped. It was great to hear that they got the gifts!

We were assigned a little girl who is the exact same age as one of my own daughters. I brought my girls out with me to do the shopping, and they really enjoyed the whole experience. I would definitely do it again.

I know that, personally, it took me about six months to get some thank you notes out to people who helped me out when I was really ill. So let's try to be compassionate.

Posts: 67 | From SF Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissMari
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11274

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MissMari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a gift!

It was the only one I got this year.

I may be in my fourth childhood but it was SO OVERWHELMING that someone even thought of me!

--------------------
The Bite: July 1995
Next 13 years: Treated for things I didn't have
Symptom total: 45
1 faint Lyme IgM May 2000
5 More negative tests
IGeneX says YES! 3/16/09
Finally feel human: 2012

Posts: 120 | From Plainsboro NJ | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement