LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Britney Spears

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Britney Spears
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here think she may have Lyme and/or co-infections?

I'm having these "spidey-senses"...

Thoughts?

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I heard the possibility of Bipolar Disorder my first thought was, "Of course! It all makes sense."

I have a son with Bipolar Disorder and her behaviors fit the profile well. She is at the right age for this type of mood disorder to emerge.

Could it be caused by Lyme or co's? It's possible, hard to know.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I doubt lyme - as the alcohol would be intolerable, I would think. I don't know anyone with CFS or lyme who can even drink an ounce of alcohol, smoke or stay out late.

She also would most likely have exercise fatigue - and with her dancing, etc. that just doesn't seem to fit the severe fatigue following exertion that most persons with lyme are plagued with.

It could be, however, that she does have the fatigue but she may be self medicating with uppers to compensate. So, an infection could be possible, I suppose. Certainly her body is exhausted but she's fighting it.

i think whatever drugs (Rx or otherwise) she might be taking, she may be allergic to those and in a dazed state from that.

She seems to be in shock a bit of the time, for sure.

Also - I just gotta give the girl a break on this one point:

I think all those flash bulbs have fried her eyes and brain - if the paps would give her some space, I'd bet she'd feel a lot better. But all the flashes and roar of concert settings is really rough, too.

I spaz out with just one flash - I really can't see how all those violent bursts of light, taunts and constant chasing can be doing anything other than damage to her and to her kids. The adrenaline just keeps pumping. Something's gotta give.

Funny, at first I was sort of mad. She's got certain advantages and she continues to put her health, her life, in danger.

But I think there are things we just don't know.

I hope she finds the help she needs - and the understanding and wisdom, too. Bi-polar certainly seems likely so I'm glad they are keeping her a few days. Bi-polar and the hair cutting impulse seem like a match.

AND I think the paparozzi (sp?) should find real jobs and stop abusing those who work hard in to share their skills with the public. Everyone deserves privacy when they are off work.

But, considering that everyone in the world now has a cellphone/flash camera, that is unlikely to happen unless manners and courtesy are simply added to our drinking water.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so hard to know. I had a TON of energy at her age, too, and I was totally infected with Lyme/Bart and Candida (but had no clue).

I did not do uppers but I drank a lot of alcohol and stayed out late at clubs and partied. My drug of choice was men (sigh). The alcohol clearly blurred my vision.

Everyone just thought I was "bold, crazy, out there" but I was, seriously, crazy. Cut to age 33: My whole body broke down and I was finally diagnosed.

Based on my medical and psychiatric history, my LLMD was pretty sure I'd had the illness since I was a child.

To the outside world, I was bright, outgoing, fun, pretty, intelligent but I was in therapy by the time I was 8-years-old with severe OCD.

Of course, at that time, it was not a buzz word and no one could figure out why I was so anxious coming from such a stable family.

Can you say Lyme/Bart?

Yikes...unfortunately, I think anything is possible. Selfishly, Britney having a TBD would be a win/win.

She could be helped (I do feel sorry for her...)and we Lymies would have the most sought after poster child.

Probably not gonna happen...even if she DOES have it. Remember how long it took Amy Tan to get diagnosed and she was a famous author and you hardly EVER hear about Daryl Hall's plight with Lyme/Ehrlichia. [bonk]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Do bartonella infections cause agitation, panic disorder, and treatment-resistant depression?

I just stumpled upon this - from PubMed.

Hmmm.
=================================

http://tinyurl.com/2zc7tv

MedGenMed. 2007 Sep 13;9(3):54.

Do bartonella infections cause agitation, panic disorder, and treatment-resistant depression?

Schaller JL, Burkland GA, Langhoff PJ.

Professional Medical Services of Naples, Naples and Tampa, Florida, USA. [email protected]

INTRODUCTION: Bartonella is an emerging infection found in cities, suburbs, and rural locations. Routine national labs offer testing for only 2 species, but at least 9 have been discovered as human infections within the last 15 years.

Some authors discuss Bartonella cases having atypical presentations, with serious morbidity considered uncharacteristic of more routine Bartonella infections. Some atypical findings include distortion of vision, abdominal pain, severe liver and spleen tissue abnormalities, thrombocytopenic purpura, bone infection, arthritis, abscesses, heart tissue and heart valve problems.

While some articles discuss Bartonella as a cause of neurologic illnesses, psychiatric illnesses have received limited attention.

Case reports usually do not focus on psychiatric symptoms and typically only as incidental comorbid findings. In this article, we discuss patients exhibiting new-onset agitation, panic attacks, and treatment-resistant depression, all of which may be attributed to Bartonella.

METHODS: Three patients receiving care in an outpatient clinical setting developed acute onset personality changes and agitation, depression, and panic attacks.

They were retrospectively examined for evidence of Bartonella infections. The medical and psychiatric treatment progress of each patient was tracked until both were significantly resolved and the Bartonella was cured.

RESULTS: The patients generally seemed to require higher dosing of antidepressants, benzodiazepines, or antipsychotics in order to function normally.

Doses were reduced following antibiotic treatment and as the presumed signs of Bartonella infection remitted. All patients improved significantly following treatment and returned to their previously healthy or near-normal baseline mental health status.

DISCUSSION: New Bartonella species are emerging as human infections. Most do not have antibody or polymerase chain reaction (PCR) diagnostic testing at this time.

Manual differential examinations are of unknown utility, due to many factors such as low numbers of infected red blood cells, the small size of the infecting bacteria, uncertainty of current techniques in viewing such small bacteria, and limited experience.

As an emerging infection, it is unknown whether Bartonella occurrence in humans worldwide is rare or common, without further information from epidemiology, microbiology, pathology, and treatment outcomes research.

CONCLUSION: Three patients presented with acute psychiatric disorders associated with Bartonella-like signs and symptoms. Each had clear exposure to ticks or fleas and presented with physical symptoms consistent with Bartonella, eg, an enlarged lymph node near an Ixodes tick bite and bacillary angiomatosis found only in Bartonella infections.

Laboratory findings and the overall general course of the illnesses seemed consistent with Bartonella infection. The authors are not reporting that these patients offer certain proof of Bartonella infection,

but we hope to raise the possibility that patients infected with Bartonella can have a variety of mental health symptoms. Since Bartonella can clearly cause neurologic disorders, we feel the presence of psychiatric disorders is a reasonable expectation.

PMID: 18092060 [PubMed - in process]

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Bingo.

That was/is me in a nutshell.

Good article...of course, based on my diagnosis I've read it already. I'm still learning, too as I just got co-infection diagnosis in Sept. 2007, they missed it when they diagnosed me with Lyme 5 years ago (sigh).

Great article to share with anyone who might be suffering with those symptoms.

That's why I thought of Britney Spears. Takes one to know one.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since she is from La. and we all know we don't have Lyme here. [bonk]

Kentwood is only about one hour from where I live.

In the country. Full of all kinds of biting bugs including ticks.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just gonna say, "She's from LOUISIANA-
I don't think she has Lyme- with all her rages
& all I would bet she has MO1 Babesiosis!!!"

Babesiosis always gets women all PMS-y!!!!
And she seems a little like that to me*)!
More than a little!!!

And she supposedly has asthma which Babs can cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that's my guess*)!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she suffers from,,,,,

Hollyweird-itis!!!

doubt IF that is treatable.

Alot like an alcholic,,untreatable till they WANT to.

I used to be married to an alcholilc drug sex gambling dependent person,,,it ISNT fun!!!

I fear this story to have a BAD ending,,,somewhat soon!!!

The FLASH bulbs in the face and NOT being able to be a normal person,,,has its MANY downsides!! It spirals faster and faster!!!

The standoff for hours with a child hostage of sorts tells the real story,,,

she IS a dependent person AND wont change till she WANTS too!!!AND why would she want to change???(her life is so fabulous NOW)

Only thing that will bring her back down is losing ALL her money and possesions and falling to ROCK BOTTOM!!!opinions OF--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

All of the above is true...only time will tell.

She's already been released from the psychiatric ward after only 36 hours because she "seems to pose no threat to herself"...yeah, right.

Dr. Phil walked her to her car (more Hollyweirdness) and he's interviewing her parents on his show on Mon & Tues. And that's so NORMAL!

I agree she is a rich, spoiled, needy celebrity whose never heard the word "NO". I guess I just wonder how someone like Christina Aguilera or Beyonce don't fall to this kind of demise?

Is it a breakdown of family values or is something infecting her brain or both?

Sorry I'm so intrigued but it's certainly more interesting than thinking about my next dose of Rifampin. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clarissa, to be more specific in my previous reply I would have said that Bart would be the first thing that comes to my mind.

My son has obvious Bart rashes and I herxed long and hard on Bart treatment, so its feasible I passed it on to him. [Frown]

Either way, I do believe she needs psychiatric help, but the laws won't let them keep her unless she agrees or is an obvious threat to herself or others. [bonk]

That's a pretty broad description open to interpretation by the person making the decision.. That has already been discussed ad nauseum here. [puke]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious what made you think of Britney Spears +Lyme? Just because she's crazy and has finally checked herself into a mental hospital?

I don't see why people think she has Lyme or co-infections. I guess she could, but I'm just confused why people are saying she probably does?

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 28 year old daughter is bi-polar and I didn't know the name of it until a year ago last Oct '06. My troubles with her started when she was a teenager, so I thought they were teenager stuff.

Her first pregnancy made her grow up. She was different person for 3 1/2 yrs. With her second pregnancy she started telling me she thought her hormones were out of whack. She off and on would tell me her hormones were still shot after the birth of second grandson. He will be 4 next week.

My daughter started out badly and irresponsible again fall '06 that I became aware of. Like a teenager again. My ex-husband and I had a telephone conversation about our 27 yr old daughter. I thought she was doing drugs with a group of friends. She left her high school sweetheart/husband of 12 yrs. She didn't take care of my grandchildren like I thought a mother of divorce children should.

My ex told me on the phone that our daughter is bi-polar and had been for years. I was stunned. He had never told me this before. I knew something was wrong with her, but I could never put my finger on it.

I have wondered if Britney and her pregnancies the last few yrs brought on her bi-polar disorder. As far as lyme & company and Britney?
My daughter has never talked of physical pain, just mental pain? Depressed or flying high?

Bi-polar people do things during their maniac swings that are out of character for them? Britney's career has reminded me of late also of Micheal Jackson's career. Ruined?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Postpartum depression
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

I have no rational explanation for why I think her illness may be tick-bourne related...it's just a gut feeling.

I guess it may be based on my personal experience with Lyme and Bart my whole life. I was a constant"mental" train wreck, just in a discreet way (behind closed doors) and not in front of the paparazzi.

Treating my Lyme 4 years ago made MUCH improvement in my mental (and physical) health. I think the Bart is keeping my anxiety in existence...so I have to kill it! No more OCD in my life, please. It's total imprisonment.

I also did not have the opportunity to self-medicate with drugs that are probably being displayed like jewelry on a velour platter for her...for free. Not good.

Do any of you feel that Bi-polar disease is an extension of untreated Lyme? I'm going to have to ask my LLMD that one. Lymendva: I think that's what you're inferring, right?

I just think that a lot of mental illness' are really tick bourne illness' gone untreated...I really do.

My friend is a psychiatric nurse, knows all about my illness and is starting to recognize these symptoms in her patients that just are not getting better with anti-depressant, "mental-driven" meds.

She knew about Bartonella and Ehrlichia on her own so it must be a topic of discussion in her industry. I dunno...

On a lighter note, if you'd like to escape your life for a few minutes, a great entertainment news website is:

http://www.perezhilton.com

It always helps me to escape my ambiguous disease!

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addiction is an awful, destructive illness. We are talking about a young woman who we know has addiction problems and who has been living in the public eye since she was a child with amazing stress and surrounded by people who were probably terrified of ever telling her no.

Her mother sold the story of her 16 year old sister being pregnant to a tabloid for $1 million.

There is enough we know about her to explain her behavior. It's extremely sad. But with everything we know about her, there is no reason why I would expect her to have Lyme as well.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Clarissa said:

quote:
Do any of you feel that Bi-polar disease is an extension of untreated Lyme? I'm going to have to ask my LLMD that one. Lymendva: I think that's what you're inferring, right?

I just think that a lot of mental illness' are really tick bourne illness' gone untreated...I really do.

Many, including my own LLMD, have mentioned to me they think my son's BP Disorder could be due to a TBD.

Since he is currently uninsured I don't want to even have a test done on him because he has enough pre-existing conditions on his list without adding Lyme to it.

He needs to just get his current condition under control first, anyway. He's a mess, but not for his lack of working on it.

He's doing everything right, it's just not getting him where he needs to be. We're all feeling the effect, he and I the most since he lives with me.

--------------------
Lymednva

Clarissa
Member # 4715

Lymednva and all:

My parents and I attempted to help a friend's son who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder by sending him to an LLMD.

After discovering I had Lyme (this was even BEFORE knowing I had Bart, as well) we saw a lot of similarities in his behavior with mine.

Cut to: he tested positive for Lyme BUT I don't think his parents, psychiatrist were totally in belief of the disease or supportive of the anitbitotics treatment.

All I know is, I went back to work in the agressive Advertising world 40 hours minimum per week... for 3 years after being treated with traditional abx for Lyme (and didn't go down until my bfriend forced me to get re-tested and they found the Bart).

Meanwhile, the poor friend, lives in a half-way house, and at age 32 is still not leading a normal life. My Mother was going to call his Mother to discuss Bart...then she was like, "not worth it...can't try and "sell" this disease anymore."

I think we all know that feeling. I will check with my psych nurse friend and see what she thinks of the TBD undiagnosed morphing into mentall illness. I still think illness' like ALS, MS and maybe parkinsons' is late stage untreated Lyme.

Last story: My sister-in-law was MIS-diagnosed with MS at age 28. She was going blind in one eye, having tremors, nervous system issues. She was diagnosed by one of the top neurologists in Boston.

Nope, it was Lyme. Years later, after treatment, she has full vision back and is, literally, RUNNING MARATHONS!

Talk about a GREAT story!!

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Clarissa
Member # 4715

http://www.igenex.com/psychological_effects.htm

Got this article from:
http://wildcondor.com

under Lyme Links

GREAT informative website if you haven't been there. She is the wildcondor on this board.

Lymednva: she'd be a good one to pm about your son!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

lymednva
Member # 9098

Thanks Clarissa. I feel no need to PM. I have good support here for this issue.

I've gotten his father to recognize the Bart rash he has, so I'm just waiting on him to stabilize so he can get back on track and get a job with insurance.

Of course I will still have to convince my son he needs treatment, but hope at least he will get tested through Igenex. I know my LLMD would do that for him.

--------------------
Lymednva

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry, yes I thought it could be with my daughter a type of post depression. But her feeling weird started while she was pregnant the 2nd time.

I had her go back to ob-gyn after the baby was born and have many hormone tests including the thyroid tests. My family has long history of thyroid diseases. So I thought maybe she was hypothyroid like I was prior to lyme & company (12 yrs) before illness ever entered the picture.

I finally realized after getting brochures and reading about bi-polar and talking to my own therapist, that everything I read described my father for years.

My father also went into a maniac stage around the time my daughter did 18 mths ago. As I read, I kept saying oh my goodness, they are describing my father's unexplained behavior highs and lows for all his life.

One day my mother called and she was asking me to help her. My mother told me that day that she many years ago thought my dad was psychoitic, but his days would go good about that time.

I thought I was going to lose my own mind during some pretty rough months. Thank God, I had a therapist at the time, or I probably would of flipped out myself. I finally told my mother not to tell me anything about my dad unless she was willing to push him for help.

I took the bi-polar disorder brochure to their house. Mom read it and left it on counter for Dad to find. He did and read it and recognized himself in the writing. Dad took medication for about a couple weeks. Lied to Mom for 2 months and acted like he was taking it. It finally exploded in his face when his doc got him to tell Mom the truth at an appt.

My father thinks he can control his sx, just because he is now aware. Oh well. My daughter thinks she is fine. Oh, how far will both of them have to go, to learn the truth about their illness.

It reminds me of someone that thinks they can fix their sick body with lyme & company and are doing nothing to actively try control the reproduction and sx of this illness.

My father did call many of his family memebers and asked about their mental health and found out who's alive and struggled many years with bi-polar. He knows that they are on medication to help them. But my father thinks he is super human and he can handle without meds.

He's been in a low period for about 6 mths now. But I see hints that he is reversal phase the last several days.

I'm the oldest of five children. One brother and one sister are struggling, but taking meds that help them. I never took anything for depression or mood disorders until about 6 yrs ago. It was xanax for about 4 yrs off and on. More off than on.

Therapists made me realize that anyone dealing with chronic pain, illness and then family history really should look at taking something long term instead of xanax. I started cymbalta about 14 mths ago.

It's what has kept me going mentally with my father and daughter. Trying to deal with loved ones being ill when you are ill yourself is draining.

Thanks for letting me air. Clarrisa, I don't think you are crazy at all for wondering if it is lyme & company with Britney Spears. She needs help and for her childrens sake I hope she gets it. Bi-polar, mental issues, etc etc, whatever is troubling her.

I don't know how they survive. The stars and their nightmare of cameras in their face all the time. Heck the ambulance was taking Britney to hospital and the cameras where in the back windown of the ambulance. Can you image??????

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Pam, I am reading a great book called I Am Not Sick. I Don't Need Help . It is written by a psychologist who has a brother with schizophrenia.

It has really opened my eyes to some of the thought processes going on with the mentally ill.

It makes perfect sense to me and is helping me as I learn to better live with my son.

--------------------
Lymednva

Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme IS a medical nightmare that is growing exponentially, but I don't think we should all assume that everyone with a mental illness has Lyme or its co-infection. This makes us look fanatical.

In my life, I think my sister in law should consider getting tested for Lyme/co-infections because of several symptoms she experiences that doctors can't seem to diagnose other than labeling her with fibromyalgia for one of them. And wouldn't you know it, my husband thinks I'm only looking at Lyme because of my personal involvement with it.

It's funny because I think I'm pretty conservative in my thinking when it comes to giving an opinion on whether I think someone has or doesn't have Lyme. But I guess outsiders may not see it that way. So, when I see people on this board casually "dx'ing" others with Lyme, it makes me cringe. If my husband thinks I'm biased, then what do other outsiders think of those who nonchalantly dx people on this board?

It borders on being irresponsible advocates. I think we need to be careful here. JMHO.

I do want to add that I think most people on this board are very responsible with their words and that I'm not accusing anyone on this thread of being irresponsible. I just wanted to bring up a problem that I see on this board occasionally. It only takes a few, even if the majority are responsible, to hurt the reputation of Lymenet.

Christina

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

That's why I posted this "chat" on General Support. I was just curious what people thought and I made no adamant statements. Plus, I'm not attempting to contact Britney Spears' agent.

I, by no means, go around diagnosing people to their faces. I just thought this was a safe haven to discuss the idea and to share some of my experiences.

It's a sad day when you can't even have a simple conversation/discussion with your peers that may bring up information that could help one of us.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Clarissa
Member # 4715

Christina:

Sorry to make you "Cringe".

Best of luck to you.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Clarissa
Member # 4715

I'd like to "publicly" apologize to Christina (and anyone else I may have offended). It's so typical of me to internalize.

She clearly stated that her comments had no reflection on this particular thread.

I'm in pms-anger-mode today.

My humblest apologies to all. I told you I was a "head-case!" [bonk]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clarissa,

I completely accept your apology. [Smile]

I think it's great to have discussions such as the one you started here. My concern is when someone gets carried away with their advice.

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to but in, but it could have alot to do with the fact that she had two kids in two years that might have caused the post partum depression to be really bad, and with the rumors that she has bipolar, it could have flared it up to the point of manic.

I think it is because she craves attention, needing to be the center of attention, because she was the center of attention for her family for most of her life and the main bread winner.

That when her sister started getting fame, she started acting out. The marriage to K-Fed, the two pregnacy's, the divorce, shaving her head, no panties in public, and now the mental breakdown in her home, which comes right after her sister's preg. is announced and she wasn't told. Plus the fact that she is dating the poperazzi.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Thanks so much, Christina. I was going through a wicked herx...and just had an argument with my mother...SO not a reflection on you or your thoughtful thread.

Sorry, again, guys! I know, fully, that we need to support each other here, not start cat fights (sigh).

Britney: I guess we'll let the professionals diagnose...it's only a matter of time before she does something bizarre again. Poor girl.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

map1131
Member # 2022

lymednva, thank you for your kind words. I listen to most everything I hear on Britney today, due to similiarities to my daughter. I know my daughter and she craves drama. Britney seems to be screaming the same tune.

Both of them two pregnancies and boom. Out of control drama.

Pam

--------------------

TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may have something to do with her being cheated on and ultimately left.

Then again, I could care less.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows, there may be lots of celebrities out there with Lyme, can you say Mary Kate Olsen? I have thought that for years.

We will never know, will we?

Hugs,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to think it's more a case of messed up childhood, life in spotlight even if she seeks it, no privacy and life of excess...and maybe lack of close emotional support.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

There are so many variables it's really hard to tell. I guess my question is:

How come some celebrities are stable, stay away from paparazzi and are still super famous/successful and others have such a fall from grace?

Is there a vulnerablity mentally and physically or does it depend on their parents and environment? (sigh)

I don't know why I wonder...I guess it's just a nice respite from my own personal hell.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Britney!

LOL @ all of the replies. [lol]

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Mystery girl, I hope and pray you never have to experience a child with an illness. Sometimes illness in a child turns into illness as an adult.

Sometimes perfectly healthy children happen to become ill as adults and some mothers & fathers must continue to help and guide their children even as adults.

Your comment is totally uncalled for. You must be a heartless person to not see that all of Britney's money and fame, doesn't matter one bit when you don't have your health and that includes mental health.

Pam

--------------------

lymednva
Member # 9098

map1131 said:

quote:
Mystery girl, I hope and pray you never have to experience a child with an illness. Sometimes illness in a child turns into illness as an adult.

Sometimes perfectly healthy children happen to become ill as adults and some mothers & fathers must continue to help and guide their children even as adults.

Your comment is totally uncalled for. You must be a heartless person to not see that all of Britney's money and fame, doesn't matter one bit when you don't have your health and that includes mental health.

I couldn't have said it better myself. As the saying goes, "Walk a mile in my moccasins."

--------------------
Lymednva

MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

Pam

I have Chronic Lyme Disease and I wasn't laughing at having Lyme at all. I said 'LOL' because it is silly how much we are obsessed with celebrities who we don't know. Could she have Lyme? I think it's definately a possibility. Sorry for a misunderstanding... [bonk]

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lorenzfam
Member # 14938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lorenzfam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I knew I had Lyme, I thought, "Gee, Britney has a lot of the same behavior as I've had in the past." Then, I was waiting for Lyme test results, and saw a special on Britney Spears...can't remember if it's Dateline or what.

That's when I KNEW she had Lyme. Poor girl. I guess she was diagnosed with Bi-polar (I was misdiagnosed with this as well), but she hasn't always been crazy. It's just been the last few years.

It also seemed like she had a flare up after she had children, which also occured with me. The hormones can definitely do that.

I thought about asking if anyone here thought the same thing. I have no doubt she has Lyme disease! I wonder how I would go about getting the message to her that she needs to be tested? With her being a celebrity, that is almost next to impossible!

Posts: 33 | From Utah | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

lorenzfam.

As you can see, I posted this months ago. I had this gut feeling that she has TBD's, too. Her behaviors mimicked mine at that age and I think the bipolar medicine is just a band-aid for her right now.

How in the WORLD could we get a message to her? As I've said before, it would be a win/win;she would get proper treatment and the US would FINALLY be curious to understand Lyme Disease.

I just don't know what the answer is but my heart goes out to her as I know, the longer she goes undiagnosed, the more hell she has to face in the future. [Frown]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement