LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lymies in Tallahassee/Wakulla Florida?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lymies in Tallahassee/Wakulla Florida?
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we have any lymies that live in the Tallahassee/Wakulla County Florida area?

It would be great to have someone around that is going through the same thing.

Looking for friends in Florida.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brenda, try this!

Please go to SUPPORT GROUPS, left-hand side column by state.
CALL the nearest group leader for advise.
Do NOT email; many are too sick to reply; thanks!

People seeking doctors in certain states might be able to
get help from their state online information and support group. Over 1200
people belong to these state groups. Many of the groups are small
but quite a few have 20 or more people on them.

To find your state group, go to
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/statenamelyme

Type your state name and lyme as one word, e.g. newyorklyme

For SC, SD, ND and WY, put a hyphen between the statename
and lyme, e.g. northdakota-lyme

The groups are moderated so you have to apply, and we don't
allow doctor names, but once on the group, you can ask for doctors in a certain area and ask people to email you privately.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, you can change that number of people in the online state groups to 1500. And that doesn't count the non-CALDA groups.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bettyg, I did that and thank you so much, I actually met someone who lives in the same county as me, within a mile of me. It was sooo cool.

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brenda, that's wonderful; 1 mile; you've got your own support group then! lol [lol]

phyllis, i changed the nos. per your request! fantastic; growing, growing; the seed has SPROUTED !! [bonk] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy I could only wish for YOUR weather.

I am sure it is warmer than HERE. being around zero with 30-40 below wind chill.

Yesterdays was the all time least fav THAT on top of 55 mph wind gusts,,,hold on to thar hat!!! Dunno what thewind chill was,bexides cold.

paying 20-30 bucks a day to stay warm and the house not to freeze is quite silly!!

Pining for Southern HEAT!!

Glad you made that neighborly contact to support BOTH of you,,,find some more,,,they are out there!! PLUS tons of them that dont even KNOW!!! half a country away--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Bettyg -

Through e-mails with T, she has informed me that there are a ton of people here in Wakulla County that have Lyme Disease, and all of them have to seek treatment from LLMD's out of the area, because there aren't any in Tallahassee or Crawfordville. [bonk]

I told her we need to start a support group here to get the word out. We are going to discuss it over lunch. [woohoo]

Just Don -

According to my hubby, the weather is great here, by Saturday and Sunday we should be in the mid 70's with 0% chance of rain. We're taking the boat out and going fishing on the river. [woohoo]

I don't think I could stand the cold weather, it would hurt tooooo much. [dizzy] [shake]

Try to stay warm. [Cool]

--------------------

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kb...

Once you are done finding your happy place...

[lol]

Can you get your Congressman to sign on as a co-sponsor to the Lyme disease bill?

VERY important!

I am working on Florida now.. as is Blue.

But we need the northern end of FL to hop to it and get that part of the state rocking and rolling.

Here is a link below with more details... but...

I would suggest to do it the easy way and just call the office and say..

"I would like the Congressman to sign on as a cosponsor to the Lyme disease bill (HR 741)".

It is as simple as that.

Of course you can tell them why it is important to you and some of your troubles... which always helps... but a short and sweet call is great.

For folks working.. they can call in the evening and leave a message on the machine. Just be SURE to have them leave their name and address too.

Oh... you can also get all your friends to do it too... just by sending them an email with the Congressman's name and number on it.. and the line that I said above.

It will REALLY help me when I contact them later to "deal". They need to hear from their constituents first though.

What do you say? Ready to do some activism?

Let me know.

[Big Grin]

And thanks!!!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! I must have over dosed on my stupid pills today. Here is the link!

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/HR741/HR741.html

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement