LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » The monster under the house

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The monster under the house
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is at it again.

I keep hearing loud THUMPS coming from underneath the camper where I am staying. Actually they are thumping upward from under the kitchen floor.

I can't figure out what it is but it must be brusing it's head pretty badly with as loud as these thumps are.

It happens at night.. late... and has been just about every night since I got back here.. about a week ago.

A while back I had a resident armadillo who thought he was paying the rent here and I was the intruder.

I had an oppossum who thought I should stay inside at night and not wander outdoors.

I've had alligators, raccoons and deer in the yard.. not to mention the snakes.

But what kind of monster is under the house now?

[Eek!]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tommyknockers, tommyknockers knocking at my door,

"he thrust his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghost"

Sorry.....Stephen King is ringing through my mind.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you wanna throw a few round's from my charter arm's
" bulldog" .44 caliber through your kitchen floor?? just hope there ain't no septic line's runn'in under where your shootin'....sniff , sniff?

save's you from puttin' your slipper's till mornin'...just a thought my friend. be well , gary

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throw some mothballs under that camper.

Most uninvited guests can't take the smell/taste. [Big Grin]

Or.....get a really big dog who thinks chasing off these late

Night intruders is "fun".

Hope you get a good nights rest soon.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be a cat!! One of our rescue cats, Gink, when at long last we banished him to Outside after trying for a few years to make him an Inside cat (he sprays), took to running headlong at our door and smashing his head striaght into it like a battering ram. It was very disturbing but since I have talked to other rescue cat people and it is not unheard of! Angry cats (never feral but ones that once were loved) that need love will sometimes headbutt doors or places they know people are to get their attention! Weird and sad but true!!!!!! So oyu may have a cat, not feral, but who once knew people, who is trying to get your attention- we thought it was a home invader the first time he did it, the force and sound is very large in comparison to size!!!

Or maybe you have a skunk with something stuck on it's head bumbling around-!!!

(Gink stopped headbutting as abruptly as he began- kept it up for about a month, at odd times you would suddenly hear the whole door shake and a big BOOM - it was memorable!!! And SO sad, we would always go outside and cuddle him-)

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have outside cats ONLY.

Amazing how much noise they can make "ON" the door. Sounds identical to somebody knocking sometimes.

I feed them too much and it happens most when THEY think I should feed them.

I dont know how they do it but MUST wag their tail against the metal door skin.

makes a terrible racket inside!!

Just HOPE your critter isnt one of those 'striped kittys'.

Only way to really know and NOT harm is a live trap. BUT if striped kitty is concerned,,,you HAVE a disposale problem!!

Awhile back Groovy 2 had noises under his house,,,rigged up something with a wire that went pop and didnt hear them NO more!! Doubt it would HURT them!!

Floors are pretty thin and sound transfering so it probably isnt MUCH doing it. SURE it isnt expansion and contraction popping from heating and cooling??? MY house does THAT!!!

Does your 'holding tank' pop in and out?? OR water supply tank??

TRY loosening your caps on those for a couple nights(so it can suck air),,,even tho it has a vent line which MIGHT be plugged by a stray spider nest,,,just thinking(which hurts) for--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah HA!

A cat! My first day back someone said they had seen a cat going in and out from under my shed.. which is away from the house... but still?

Good idea! Thanks!

````````````````````````````````````````````

Just Don.... You said..

"Does your 'holding tank' pop in and out??"

Only when I unbuckle my britches after a big meal.

[Big Grin]

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Someone emailed me that it could be Wormser or one of the slyme gang!

THAT is a scary thought!

But maybe they will eat the snakes and scorpions under there? Ya think?

ooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... eeeeeeeeeee!

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Painted turtle.. is that really you?

OH MY! Sooooooooooooo nice to see you!!!!

[Big Grin]

```````````````````````````````````````````````

And Big G.. it IS you!!! I knew by the gun reference! HA! So nice to see you too!!!! I do hope you are feeling better these days!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OptiMisTick
Member # 399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OptiMisTick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 25. February 2008, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: OptiMisTick ]

Posts: 1338 | From Above the Clouds | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in florida, and it could be a big field Rat. They can get to the size of a cat, and if your not careful, it can chew through the floor.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brenda-Lee, We call those things Pack-rats here in

the West. Mostly cause their big enough to pack off

anything they want to [Big Grin]

Tin, Hope it's not that or a skunk!

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They get huge!!!

[bonk]

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement