LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » NY Legis. wants more info.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NY Legis. wants more info.
Dan's Mom
Member # 11347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan's Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure why my last post seems to have disappeared, but we have been in close touch with Legis. Joel Miller's office and they would like to see evidence of other transgressions by doctors. Please read on

January, 2008
Empire State Lyme Disease Association, Inc.

Additional Information about sending testimony to Assemblyman Joel Miller!!!

Only two weeks ago, Assemblyman Joel Miller wanted testimony from patients who believe that they were lied to about test results or were treated with negligence regarding their Lyme disease and he wanted documentation that supports it.

However, yesterday, January 30, 2008, (now that he has, in fact, received some letters about cases like the above) one of Joel's aides, Tyler, has said that we can send letters which will tell of all kind of transgressions.

Patients who were ignored, refused to be given a Lyme test, misdiagnosed, refused to be treated even with a positive test, and other abuses, please send letters describing these unfortunate experiences.

If you've had this type of experience, by sending these letters, at least you can be part of an effort to stop these travesties.

If you can help, please send your information to Joel Miller
Assemblyman Joel Miller
3 Neptune Road
Suite A19E
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

It will also help to have a record of who has sent these testimonies. If you would prefer not to send the entire testimony please send a brief summary - and also note the date that you sent your documentation to Assemblyman Joel Miller to:

Empire State Lyme Disease Association, Inc.
PO Box 874
Manorville, NY 11949
or email a notice to this email address: [email protected]

Please forward to anyone you know who has a similar story.

It is a bit of work, but it may produce some relief for all of us! We will let you know the outcome of this effort as soon as possible.

Thanks very much!

Eva Haughie

If you would like, please join Empire State Lyme Disease Association: http://www.empirestatelymediseaseassociation.org/empirestatelymemembership.htm

Dan's Mom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 10 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Mar 2007 | IP: Logged

bettyg
Frequent Contributor
Member # 6147

posted 31 January, 2008 04:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is this ONLY FOR NY lymies?
Posts: 13071 | From: Ames, Iowa, USA | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged

Dan's Mom
Flash Member
Member # 11347

posted 31 January, 2008 05:07 PM
No, this is for anyone! Just make a note where you are from. Dan's Mother
Posts: 10 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Mar 2007 | IP: Logged

Lymeblue
Frequent Contributor
Member # 6897

posted 31 January, 2008 06:50 PM
Hi Dan's Mom...I think this event will rock!!!!
Posts: 664 | From: The sky | Registered: Feb 2005 | IP: Logged

Printer-friendly view of this topic Hop To: Select a Forum: Category: Questions and Discussion -------------------- Medical Questions Activism Seeking a Doctor General Support Off Topic Computer Questions Category: News and Information -------------------- Press Releases / News Lyme Disease Association

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement