LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Stuffed Spirochete Toy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stuffed Spirochete Toy
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Lyme stuffed toy...this one is called:
GIANT microbes...it's a stuffed 'animal' of a Borrelia burgdorferi.

It's a light green spirochete stuffed animal with eyes. Attached with it is an informative/warning about Lyme Disease (pretty accurate description, thankfully) My cousin found it in New York City FAO Schwartz and sent it to me with her note:

"Well, we were in NYC at the FAO Schwartz and I saw these cute little critters...who turn out to be Lyme! In the spirit of keeping your sense of humor when going through something really difficult, I send you this Lyme guy to do with it what you will:

sacrificial burnt offering?
take a hammer to it?
run over it a hundred times?
Or show it the mercy it DIDN'T show you!"

Isn't she witty? Can you believe this exists? goto:
www.giantmicrobes.com

Talk about a great way to spread the word. Maybe I'll send this toy to my friend for her undiagnosed son!

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just amazed. Simply beyond words. I am a nurse, so I'm a medical person, but this is beyond me. I simply cannot believe SOMEONE thought to make stuffed toy microbes!

I love how Lyme is an "ambulatory" microbe. I guess *someone* thought that when you have lyme, you are still walking around fine happy and smiling, eh? lol.

They pretty much thought of every microbe that most non-medical people will recognize. . . love the "mrsa" one. New one on the block (relatively) and one that has been making the news lately (relatively).

I'm betting the microbiologists out there will be purchasing these for themselves, or their kids. I personally wouldn't mind buying the lyme one and running it over with my SUV a trillion times. Just to make sure it's "dead" [bonk]

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! That is tooooo funny! [lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peck
Member # 14526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered the mini ones immediately.
Thank god for humor!

--------------------
simplify....

Posts: 96 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You won't believe how "cute" they are!

If I had the money, I'd love to send them to everyone I know!

It's a great show & tell as people (especially children) are so visual.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bonk] Too Funny!!

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryL
Member # 11997

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MaryL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've ordered mine! I like the ones in the petri dish. They'll be good for school. I plan to give them to my 11 year old for whatever torture he'd like to inflict!
Posts: 81 | From Iowa | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

The petri dish looks SUPER cute.

My biggest decision: Who do I send it to first?

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OHMYGOD!! Too cute!*)!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen it all now....LOL.
Monica

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have an affiliate program. Can lymenet provide a link to order their product as a way to earn a percent of sales? Some have already ordered! I want one too! Here's the affiliate info.

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/affiliates/

MommaK [Smile]

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Great idea, MommaK!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are the scariest stuffed animals I've ever seen! [Razz]

[ 18. February 2008, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: MysteryGirl44 ]

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow they even have one for toxic mold

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bout tying the 5-7" one from a tree branch and using it as a moving target??

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny to come across this post....my girlfriend bought me one for christmas......We were only dating 2 months. Bloody brave.....I thought it was funny though.
Now I have something to take my frustrations on when I have my bad days..... the toy that is !! lol

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Funny story:

I secretly placed my stuffed spirochete in my dogs' toy basket. [Big Grin]

The other day, my Mother yelled down the stairs laughing,

"Spencer just ran by with the spirochete in his mouth!!"

My male pup loves chewing the spirochete. He has already ripped off the eyes and tugged and pulled at it's spirally exterior.

It's so cathartic for me! Go Spencer!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement