LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » American Idol....My friend made it!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Idol....My friend made it!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason Yeager, from Grand Prairie, Texas [near Dallas] made it to the top 24!!

I have yet to see him on TV, as our Fox channel was out due to the ice storm this week.

But it was on our local news today [in Missouri] because he's been performing here.

He performed at our church right before Christmas and I've also seen him at the local diner that has "singing servers."

He's really good and I hope he does well!!!

This is going to be fun!!! [spinning smile]

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/?vid=900

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wahooooo! [woohoo]

Thanks for reminding me of his name. Now I know who to watch for!

You know, in case American Idol just "happens" to be on TV, and I just "happen" to be in the vicinity of the television. Because, you know, I would never admit to actually watching it, and if someone checked my DVR settings I would have to disavow completely the knowledge of how that show got programmed to record. Ahem.

I also deny for the record that I've picked any favorites yet. I deny that I kind of like Simon Cowell. I deny getting a little choked up when some of the contestants' auditions are so good.

Hee hee!

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Draba
Member # 14589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Draba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh!!!! Congrats. I would watch it if I had a TV. lol. I think TV is boring, but I did see an American idol show, and it was kind of cool...... he he

--------------------
Really tired of being sick. Wanting to go to college and have a life. Really happy that I have a puppy.

Posts: 66 | From My room | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been ashamed about watching American Idol. I love the drama and watching the singers grow as performers.

Having worked backstage in a major show makes me even more interested.

And now this! Knowing someone in the show makes a huge difference for me.

Can't wait for next week! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasons I DONT watch,

1. Contestants that cant carry a tune in a bucket,,,BUT they are doing the best they can with what they have been given!!

2. smarty pants judges that think THEY are perfect in every way and everybody else should be too

3. I would rather watch paint dry!!

4. OR watch grass grow.

5It ranks right up there with garbage like the apprentice. ONLY one can feel really GOOD about the outcome!!

6. Years ago a football coach told me he wished they havd never started the state playoffs. ONLY one team feels good and ends season with a win(which is the win you ALWAYS remember the rest of your life)

6B. ALL the rest end as losers!! Without it at LEAST half of the teams feel good,,,and even more of those that kow they gave best effort and were over matched to start with!!

7. I dont like pretty contests and thats what it REALLY is!!

8. I dont care for any singing and dancing OR ice skating,,okay call be BORING,,,or at least uncultured!!

9. Shows like 'survivor' are alot more exciting,,,altho I dont like the stratigy(backstabbing) I do appreciate living off the land and roughing it!! AND the physical challenges!! IF they could find a way to be true survivors without the vote off thing,,,it would be the perfect show.

10. after saying all this,,,I WILL watch Idol NOW,,,just to cheer on TuTu's friend. ANY friend of hers is good enough for ME!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Jason, now I have to cheer him on! [woohoo]
Top 24 is pretty darn impressive

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Don....I hate the "audition" shows because I don't like watching the "nutcases." I think that's what you're referring to.

Next year, just bypass those early shows. Beginning next week is when the "real" show begins.

I really like watching it from the point where they identify the top 12. Then it gets really exciting.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Tutu, I'm right there with you. I'm almost, that's almost 51 and my husband is a few years older. We love it.

I accidently turned TV over to Fox channel in the first season and seen Kelly Clarkson perform and said wow. I believe it was the 3rd from the last show that first season. Been a fan every since.

I love to see these performers and how they develope into stars by the end of the series. I clicked on your link, I couldn't place Jason.

It must of been a night when I was doing two things at once? Or my mind wasn't working? lol My husband remembered him when I pulled up the link.

That is too cool that you know him. Lots of good newbies this year. It's going to be a great season. I don't believe that some of those people are really serious that try out. Come on, there can't be that many tone deaf people in this country?

They just want a few minutes of fame? Surely?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats tutu!

I don't watch the audition shows. I feel sorry for the people that are SO bad. I never know if they're just really that horrible, or just there for attention. And I CAN NOT stand the way the judges make fun of them and laugh at them!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

I love to see these performers and how they develope into stars by the end of the series. I clicked on your link, I couldn't place Jason.

It must of been a night when I was doing two things at once? Or my mind wasn't working? lol My husband remembered him when I pulled up the link.

I have yet to see Jason on American Idol, other than a promo I saw early in the season. Our Fox channel was down last week, so I missed him again!

I don't believe that some of those people are really serious that try out. Come on, there can't be that many tone deaf people in this country?

They just want a few minutes of fame? Surely??

I think a lot of them are just wanting to be on TV, but it's amazing when some of the really bad ones say they've never been told that they couldn't sing!

Really, who would tell their friend or family member that they couldn't sing!?? [Wink]

Since we're in the middle of moving, I'll have to drive back over here this week Tues and Wed to see A.Idol!! We don't get our satellite up until Thursday!
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so cool! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool-thanks Lymetoo. I totally forgot his name, and was too lazy or busy to look it up from a previous post.

I usually don't get involved with Idol-but now I look forward to it because my oldest comes over for dinner, always good to see her, and then we all cozy up in front of the tube to watch.
Sort of like- if you can't lick em , join em.

I always tell them I know someone who knows someone on the show but I can't remember his name.

I do wish he would lose the peroxide splash though-it's distracting to me. Picky picky picky, I know. Otherwise he's got my vote!

Can't wait now for the next show!

Cobby

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, the peroxide thing must be just for Idol. ...It wasn't there in December. [Wink]

I hope he can make the top 12 or we won't be seeing much of him! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now I know which one he is! I found his pic at

http://www.americanidol.com/top24/

I had the same thought when I saw the peroxide. But it helped me remember who he is!

[Smile]

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Allison....You didn't like MY link? [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Ha ha ha ha!

Oh dear, you mean the one there that was right in front of my face that I somehow missed despite seeing the post several times? [bonk]

The one smack dab at the top of the page?

The one that was practically screaming "look at me, I am a very obvious link, how could you possibly miss me"?

That one?

[shake] What am I going to do with myself? Is there such a thing as Lyme-induced selective blindness? Cuz if there is, I gots it!

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah...that was the one!! [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

I miss stuff all the time....it's definitely a lyme thing! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great about your friend, Lymetoo. I am definitely an American Idol fan. HUGE infact, since my daughters sing and they actually got me hooked on it at the end of the first year. And we go to the American Idol concerts at the end of each season.

I definitely agree that the show doesn't really get started until they weed out all the garbage talent. I can't even watch the auditions anymore. Drives me nuts, but I love the show once it gets rolling. Tonight will be fun.

I do think Jason is at a huge disadvantage because they don't give him as much air time. This obviously isn't always the case, but it means he's going to have to come out hard and strong tonight and with them obviously "pimping" some of the other guys more, it's always a tough one.

I know you all will be pulling for him in your area and I hope if nothing else, he does the best he can tonight, since it's never fun when you get your big break and feel you blew it yourself. Good luck to him.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

We don't get to vote this week, do we??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm quite certain that we do since I think they eliminate the bottom two men and bottom two women on Thursday. Tonight the guys...and it's starting RIGHT NOW. Gotta watch. [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes! They just said we get to vote!! Yippeeee!!!! hope he can get to the top 12!! [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

He just did "Moon River" and the judges were rather mixed on this one. Simon hasn't been liking much of anything though, so guess we will see. Too many others still not heard yet to say for sure. I'm not a "voter", but wish your guy luck.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kind of interesting since he's been performing in the same town as Andy Williams, the king of Moon River! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Gahhhhhh!!!! [Big Grin]

La la la la la I can't hear you la la la la

I'm on the West Coast so the broadcast hasn't started yet.

OK, note to self ... not going to check this post again until after the show so I won't know what happens...

la la la la la la la ... [lol]

[Smile]

Alison

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry about that, Allison!! You Californians are a bit "slow" sometimes!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Yes, Sorry Allison. Will keep all comments quiet until after the show has aired all over. Enjoy the show.

Cathy

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutu, we watched for the 1st time tonight.

jason did a really good job on IOWA'S Andy Williams' song!

he & 9 others got my vote; simon should be gagged; just get someone else on there!

he judged someone else; it was the magician and woman changing dresses 8-12 times; magician really let him have it; woman ran off stage crying! what a bully he is.

alot of good talent; loved the 60s songs since i grew up during that time! [Wink] [hi]

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

No worries, Cathy -- chat away! I'll just wait til the left coast airs before I check next time. [Smile]

Great show, I cheered Jason on. [woohoo]

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
he judged someone else; it was the magician and woman changing dresses 8-12 times; magician really let him have it; woman ran off stage crying! what a bully he is.

No, that was that Pierce guy on America's Got Talent, Betty.

Only singers on this show.

I'm ready for the gals tonight!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Betty,

As Tutu says, the two judges you are discussing aren't the same people. As far as Simon, yes, he's a bit brutal, but very often he is pretty accurate. As Paula is candy coating, Simon tends to put a bit of reality into it if someone is not on key, for example.

Being a seasoned American Idoler [Smile] , I do think last night that David Archuleta and Michael John's were the big hits of the night. But yes, on to the girls tonight.

Cathy

--------------------

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The David Archuleta kid is a doll, and has talent!

The Aussie...hubba.

Saw Jason. I don't think Moon River was a good song for him. He has a good voice, but I hope he stays around so I can hear him do something a little more challenging.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for je     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a cutie that boy is. ONly saw half the show last night so I missed him. Out of the folks I did see, dreadlock boy is my favorite.
Posts: 102 | From ny | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, I missed him performing again. My Russian massage friend called me during Idol. She needed help with a situation and I couldn't say to someone that has worked on me and helped me feel better for about 4 yrs, hey can't talk now.

My husband gave me the scoop on those I missed. I was on the phone for 25 minutes with her. Oh well, I'll catch up.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

As with all of us, we do have our own individual opinions. I do feel that Jason will be safe this week since my best guesses are that the two that will go will be between Eze, Menard and Haley.

But then, knowing what a voting audience is drawn to is always hard. The biggest voters are much younger than most of us here and they look for totally different things.

Gosh, I just love this show. [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

tdtid
Member # 10276

For those that missed Jason last night but wanting to know what is being discussed here, you can get the audio by going to:

http://www.rickey.org/?p=7111#more-7111

Cathy

--------------------

lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK . . . I admit it, alright? I LOVE Idol. I haven't missed one show since it started.

I had to work last night, so I Tivoed the show. I will watch it tonight before the girls perform. So I will pay special attention to Jason.

And, I love Simon. He can critique me anytime! [Big Grin]

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou, admittance is the first step in getting help [lol] in other words.......keep watching.

Jason's a cutie and a good singer, I didn't care for the Moon River choice though.

Either way, I voted for him [Smile] and hope he makes it to the next round.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

I don't usually start any voting until they get into the thick of it. I don't know why, but I wait until I've heard them all do a few songs before chiming in my votes.

There is some great competitors on the male side this year. That one 17 yr old kid, can't remember his name, that they joked around with and he was on stage a long time, was too awesome.

Younger voters are going to be split between them younger guys this year. Many young good looking and good singing males, including what I've seen and heard on Jason.

It's going to be interesting tonight to see if the girls can stand out like the guys?

Pam

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 8 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks gang! i stand corrected; those are 2 separate fellows, and i couldn't remember pierce's name.

anyway some great talent there!

loved the young 17 yr. old who was so humbled by simon's supportive comment to him....

lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, Tutu. I just finished watching Idol -- the men (or boys, in most cases). I paid special attention to your Jason.

(Only my opinion) Moon River was not the best choice of song. Jason can sing -- great voice -- but he sounded 40 years old. I think there are a few other singers that have a better chance of being voted off than Jason Y (Luke or Frampton). So he may get a chance to pick a better song next week.

The young 17 year-old with the golden voice will not be the next Idol, even though he was blessed with the best pipes.

At this point, I liked the Jason with the dreads. And the boy that sang "JailHouse Rock" made me smile.

Again, only my humble opinion. Now, on to the women (or girls, whatever the case may be).

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, boy could the girls sing and move tonight; all beautiful and confident!

wasn't easy not chosing 2.

did i do this right? never watched show until last night; i called in for 10 singers; left 2 off; right??? thx

i had no problems getting in; waiting 10 minutes last night and 30 minutes tonight! [Big Grin]

lou4656
Member # 10300

Betty, You don't have to vote for 10 singers. You can just vote for your favorite, if you want. You vote for whoever you would like to see go through to the next week. That can be one person, or more than one.

So , 'fess up --- who didn't get votes from you?

My picks to go -- Amy Davis and Kady (or possibly Kristi Lee).

So, we'll see.

--------------------
LouLou

tdtid
Member # 10276

Betty,

As Lou said, no, we aren't expected to be placing 10 votes although I do know that the younger generation loves to power vote and will put many more than that for their one favorite.

Basically as you probably noticed, they eliminate two that accumulate the least amount of votes up until they get us to our top 12. Then they will only eliminate one a night. The top 10 will go out on tour.

Keep watching. The show really does get addicting as they narrow it down more and more.

Cathy

--------------------

Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far I agree with the two guys who were voted off.

Jason was good, and I like him, but he needs to come back as a real standout. Can't wait for the next show.

Girls were kind of boring for me-I actually chose time on computer over watching them.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GGRRRRRRRRR.....The technician was unable to install our DISH, phone and internet yesterday due to bad weather. [Frown]

So tell me.... Jason made it through to next week?????

They aren't installing our stuff until NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

I'm going to lose my mind!!!!

We are able to get on the internet for brief periods of time through the WIFI.

Who was voted off??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

I did send you a pm with this but for those that maybe also missed it, I will post it here too.

JASON IS SAFE.

Voted off were Garrett Haley and Colton Berry for the guys

Voted off for the girls were Joanne Borgella and Amy Davis

So the battle has begun.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Note to Jason....No more Moon River...OK?! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lou4656
Member # 10300

I think we need to start a weekly Idol Watch -- Jason Y. Watch thread each week.

What say you, TuTu?

--------------------
LouLou

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well THAT settles it.

It MUST only be on the fox channel.

If it aint abc,nbc,cbs or PBS,,,it aint here!!!

Guess I dont qualify as an idol watcher!!

Another day,another way!!

Crying shame!!!not--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Heck, don...You might have actually enjoyed it!! Yep, it's on Fox....alas!

Hey gang....Are the guys singing tonight or the girls??

I'm still without a TV, but will drive back to the old condo if the guys are going to be on tonight.

Thanks!!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pretty sure its the boys singing again.....

good luck to Jason!!!!!!!!!!

[Smile] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Yes, Tutu, it's DEFINITELY the guys. It will be the last one I see before heading off for my cruise, but if by chance you aren't able to see it, I have a girlfriend from California that always asks me to do a quick review so she has info before the rest of the people. Hahahaha.

Let me know if you are going to miss it and I'll send you a copy. Keep in mind, it will ONLY be my opinions and they aren't always in agreement with the judges, but we have fun with it and our predictions.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cool! Thanks!! I'll just head down the road when the time comes! [10+ miles] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

Cathy, are you trying to rub it in about the cruise thing? Tutu, I do believe she is trying to depress us. Here we are in gloom city and winter.

I know Tutu is in gloom city, because all of my state's bad weather comes from Tutu's state. Warmth and sunshine sound so good.

Okay Cathy, one thing I ask. Drink a jumbo drink in the sun, looking at blue skies and aqua ocean for me. Make that a margarita. On ice, salted and the largest they have. Please????

Pam

--------------------

tdtid
Member # 10276

Gosh Pam,

Not trying to rub in anything about cruises. Not in this thread anyway. [Smile] But seriously, thanks for the smiles.

In reality, I honesty am a nervous wreck and know that's part of what is causing me crazy symptoms.

But back to Idol, there have been some "leaks" about the ones judges did and didn't like as well as a song choice...but since I know many don't want any info out here until they have seen the show....will keep quiet.

Looking forward to the show tonight.

Cathy

--------------------

tdtid
Member # 10276

Ahhh...silly me. Pam, I thought you had picked up on another thread about the cruise...so was being silly. Didn't see that I had mentioned it here since I'm obsessed with American Idol and had no clue why you were talking about my cruise on this thread.

Ok, so I can't even remember what I type on these boards from day to day. Ignore me. [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Pam and Cathy.... [lol]

Cold as heck here today, Pam....it's on its way!!!! [hi]

Should be warmer by Thursday....yipeee!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well, it's quite obvious that they do NOT want anyone from Branson to win. Plain and simple.

They tried to do the same thing to Carrie Underwood because she was really a country singer. They lost that battle, bigtime.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Sadly tutu, this is one of those shows that speaks volumns when they don't give you as much screen time in the beginning.

I don't think Jason was the best BUT I surely don't think he deserved anywhere near that beating. Poor guy. That couldn't be easy having to listen to that garbage.

Cathy

--------------------

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Aw man! I really agree - Jason got way short shrift. I thought he did well but I thought he could have blown it out of the water with a slightly different arrangement of the song even.

I hope he gets a chance to just really let go and belt one out so we can hear his good vocal range. Something a bit more uptempo than Moon River and with a bit more range than the DB song.

I have to confess that the little David kid had me in shivers when he sang "Imagine". Whooo! Goosebumps everywhere!

--------------------
 -

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just remember, IT'S YOU THE CALLERS WHO DECIDES WHO GOES AND WHO STAYS!

that darn mean simon; that's not just criticsm; it's vindictive the way he does/says it!

when david sang; paula could NOT stop crying it touched her so much; many great performances tonight.

tutu, i gave jason 2 votes as well as 2 others who i thought were exceptional and 1 to others; easy to eliminate some so i could give 1 more vote to those deserving it! [Wink]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I can't count how many votes I sent Jason's way!!! Astronomical. [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

I'm sure all those votes will help him, Tutu. I often feel that when you are the victim of Simon's bashing to THAT degree and it wasn't justified, that it wakes people up and rush out to vote to protect him.

This could be a blessing in disguise. I just wish I could see how this unfolds, but off in about 1/2 an hour. Hope this topic can still be here in three weeks. [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt bad for Jason last night. I thought he did a great job! That is a hard song to sing. And I thought he did a good job. It doesnt even matter if he wins or loses. He s getting exposure. He's talented and not to mention gorgeous. And he was so sweet with his clip with his son. I wish him the best!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Jason just doesn't feel in his comfort zone? Tutu you know him, you've seen him in his comfort zone, I'm sure. To me an Idol watcher and judge, Jason isn't showing me his stuff. Do you know what I mean?

He really needs to find his strength and let it rip. Simon can be so heartless the way he says things sometimes. That's Simon.

I couldn't believe Simon said what he said to the guy that did crossword puzzles and was a word nerd. I thought his story was interesting. Of course I would. I'm a puzzle nerd. It's how I exercise my brain. Try to do it, anyway?????

Tutu, tell Jason to relax and sing from his heart. Forget Simon, Paula, Randy and 30 million people are watching you. Easier said than done. lol

Pam

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

We'll find out soon!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GRRRRR.....

-

[ 28. February 2008, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry..give him our best, tutu.

Hey, your dancing smilies are gone!

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought jason was better than the other guy in back row.

jason did outstanding job singing his final song, and really brought it to life!

i felt really bad for the girl who started crying and couldn't stop; glad other gals stood beside her giving her moral support.

at least paula was encouraging to 1 or both gals. [Wink]

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

NoooooOOOOooooOOOOO!!!!!!

I was really bummed to see him go. Someone needs to inform American Idol that the people I cheer for need to NOT get voted off. Sheesh. I'm almost positive I sent a memo.

[Frown]

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kelmo:
Hey, your dancing smilies are gone!

Gives you a clue as to my mood!

I thought Jason did a great job ... I'm really bummed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

I missed the show last night. I've got it recorded to watch tonight. Sorry, Tutu your friend didn't make it.

But he did make it to Hollywood. That's great. He just needs to work on his confidence level on stage. More of how he presents himself, being sure of himself?

He is a great singer. Tell him to keep working at it.

Pam

--------------------

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww sorry lymetoo. He was good, what a shame. Give him all our best! Hey would he sing at a lyme benefit??? LOL>

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks Pam and Lisa.

Yes, Lisa...I'm sure he would!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

Lymetoo, I thought Jason performed more confident doing his goodbye song than when I seen him perform on Tues night.

I tried to stay away from everything on TV and web about the results show, so we could watch the recorded show last night. Man, that was hard to do.

Everywhere on TV, radio, net was story lines on that result show. So here on lymenet I learned Jason was gone and then flash pix and story on the blonde and her emotional goodbye storyline on headlines with AOL.

Even though I knew some of what was happening, we still find it good entertainment. I'm still not ready to start voting. Next week I will start voting for some of my favorites.

Pam

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement