LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » sold house in fl now moving to nc shore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sold house in fl now moving to nc shore
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes we finally getting out of fl and moving to wilmington,nc shore.
almost all packed and ready to move.
just need house.
going to move to mountain house then look for
house on shore.
put crap in storage/

docdave [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What profoundly wonderful, stupendous NEWS!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are sooooooooo lucky [bow] [hi]

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dave, HIP HIP HOORAY! no 2 house payments anymore for awhile!

i believe your home was up for sale 6-10 months?

glad you're packing last few things and then off for better times together with mrs. doc dave!

haven't seen her on board in many months; tell her hi from me will you? [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Want to share my Stack and Store with me? [Smile]

ps hope you're NOT using the same moving company you did before-you know ,the one that got a bit delayed in reaching its destination.

stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anybody have good luck with any moving company??????

still looking

dave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great news, DocDave. Can't help you with a moving company since I haven't moved in a long long time, although I do know that my time is around the corner, so take notes so you can pass on the good tips.

Wow....mountains and the ocean. Two wonderful settings. You will love it! The ocean is definitely my serenity...so hope it have a positive feeling for you as well.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

once settled i hope to entertain a retreat prtbably at both houses at my expense except for transportation.

we will work it out once i get settled.

i hope you all well in the next couple weeks.
i will be in a non-remission stage due to all the stress of moving 4 dogs 2 cats and finding a house all at the same time.

plus with all this my mom 75th is march 3
so i must go up there, say my hellos and loves,then
travel back to nc shore for looking at houses
then back home to pack.
move
then move everybody except wife(sorry did not mean that) up to the mountains hauling the second car.

hitting ice and snow
then back down to the shore for more hunting.

fun couple of months.
the market has not bottomed in Wilmington yet
so we may wait until end of summer to buy, and put every thing in storage.
please let me know who handles the retreats on lymenet and leave her name so i can contact her.

thanks all,
be back soon, and time to time,
love you all
docdave

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dave, last I knew it's MADDOG INVOLVED IN "RETREATS", but since I don't go; I don't know for sure!

but I bet my friend, JUST DON, knows! he's gone once or more!

enjoy your time with DEAR MOM on her 75th; make extra videos, etc. so when you lose them as I've lost mine, you can play them over and over when you miss THEM SO MUCH! put an extra copy or 2 in your lock box or safe as well.

i've made contact with the person you wanted me to; she's trying to PM me back; had a problem on my end that got fixed! [group hug] [kiss]

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow docdave! That sounds wonderful. Thanks for the vision of peace. What a great dream you have of where you will live next.

Take care of you with all this work involved. Remember our enemy STRESS, which is sometimes just called LIFE.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the house sale DocDave and Mrs Doc Dave. [Wink]

I hope the next few months go smoother than expected. Best of luck!

trueblue

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got nothing good to say about movers. The last two I used were bummers. Is the storage with the mover, or the self store units? Hope you don't have anything really valuable in storage. I would suggest that any family heirlooms, photos, etc. should go with you, not with mover. Don't let them store anything that would break your heart if lost or damaged.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 14 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck with the new home

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only moving company I ever used was 'just don moving and storage'. I ALWAYS say,,that which I dont do for myself,,,doesnt need doing,,,too much!!

Is there any way you might be able to get a rent a truck and hire a few teenagers to do the grunt work??

Pack TIGHT and lots of padding,,if it cant move it cant get wrecked. The HARDER you stuff it full the easier it rides!!

Hard items interspersed with soft things,like mattresses seperating dining room tables and china hutches

No matter WHO moves it,,use ample supplies of the handy mans secret weapon(duck tape). A good appliance cart makes easy work of MOST of it!!

IF possible opt for larger air type tires and the thing on the back that makes it roll down steps.

Boy if I ONLY lived closer,,,I would be there in a heartbeat!!

Question of the day,,,IF the mountains air pressure makes you feel better ,,WHY buy a beach house?? COULD you live year round in your mountain home?? wondering --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

no wifey issue!!!!!
too cold in winter their.
its ok the renters pay for the expenses for the
year,so no loss there.
am scheduled for new knees in march so
will rent a house in fl and move things there
for 6 months.
leave all the boxes packed and just use essentials
i'll be out of commission for 3-6 months.
just need as laptop and tv and i'll be happy
i had bought a car hauler 7x16 feet to carry
one car to the mountains.
now i can get a couple of latinos and have them put
the stuff on the trailer and carry it around to the rental house.
the housing market in fl is terrible so it is very easy to find a rental cheapo.
just put everything in the garage.
docdave

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement