LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Any other lymies still have thier Christmas Decorations up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any other lymies still have thier Christmas Decorations up?
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody please say yes.

I mean, it is March and all....but I have been so sick I haven't gotten them all down. Most are down, but the browning tree is laying like a dead soldier out on my back deck, the artificial tree is still up in the office, and there are various garlands and things still around here and there.

Oh, and the outside lights are of course still up,and I don't even live in a trailer park.

The ones that are down are just laying around in bags in the cellar, not neatly packed away in the green and red totes from Target like they were in years of lore.

I did have a little energy today and took the poinsettia china out of the china cabinet. It made it as far as the dining room table.

I hope I'm not alone, someone, please commiserate with me!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it is still February. [Big Grin]

So your not too late yet.

I actually managed to get mine down two weeks ago...

I didn't want to. My children cried.

They love Christmas decorations and lights.

Wait until you feel up to it.

They aren't going anywhere.

Just think. You can make any day like Christmas! [Smile]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hanginginthere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hanginginthere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you leave them up awhile longer, think of all the work you'll save not having to drag everything out again next Christmas! [Big Grin]

p.s. or you could just do like me and decorate very (I mean very) minimally! In my dreams, I decorate beautifully [Wink]

Posts: 136 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy,

Think of it this way... You're not two months behind...you're ten months ahead!! lol

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, and the outside lights are of course still up,and I don't even live in a trailer park."

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our lights are still up and have been for the last 2 years. Don't see that changing any time soon.

What can I say - hubby likes them. [Big Grin]

As for the rest of it, well....

In order to decorate for xmas it would mean taking down the halloween decor.

Feel better now? [lol]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

No, I felt good there for a while and took them down. But last year my kids and hubby took them down finally. I don't remember when, last year is all a blur.

I do still have a wreath above my fireplace, but I intentionally left it there. As long as we have snow on the ground, it just seems appropriate.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
victoria
Member # 11267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for victoria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I am the ONLY one with lyme in my house, I have run everyone down with frequent hospital stays so....

We still have a bit of every holiday around the house! Our organized little storage area is a mess and my medical files are stacked everywhere! I think it's typical.

[Smile]

Posts: 82 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the sad part is that I only just got them up after about a month of working on them a few days before Christmas.

Now I was thinking maybe it would be nice to take out the Easter decorations, which never saw the light of day last year.

Yes, I used to be big on decoratiing; every holiday, totes full of goodies...so sad to have to let the things that used to bring such joy go by the wayside.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, still got our Christmas stuff up. Fake tree in the LR w/ fake fire place.

NAtivity scene still in TV-Room, but I took down the entry hall Nativity finally.

[ I have a Heart basket, tree balls and an 'Easter Egg' in the entry area now].

And we still have outside lights up. Not in a trailer right now,but we've lived in them before,and may again...LOL.

<<<<< Tracy9 >>>>> sending hugs your way... you'll get to it when you get to it as far as changing decor!!!

Jus' Silverwolf in mah perty purpley boots [which unfortunatly now have holes in the toes].

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if my white Poinsettias can pass for Easter Lilies???

Thoughts?

[confused]

--------------------

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Mine never even made it all the way up this year. The tree got put up, and the boxes of decorations sat around it like unopened presents. It made putting them away extra easy.

Most years mine have not made it down until sometime in February. Not to worry, my friend.

In my neighborhood people actually keep their Christmas lights up and light them all winter long, and I'm not in a trailer park either. We were told to for the Olympics, and the tradition stuck.

Just think of it as being extra festive this year.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have a wreath up outside - I was looking at it today and pondering it.

I put a baby christmas tree away today - or at least in front of the shed where it will find its way inside eventually [Smile]

Now, bare in mind that I just recently threw out my Halloween pumpkin. It was smooshy and fell apart when I picked it up.
I shoveled it into the trash.

It just takes us some time. You're not alone.

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Just read that someone out west found a tick in their Christmas tree this year. It tested positive for borrelia.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

I'm wondering how to get the smooshy Halloween pumpkins off our stone wall in front; they have defrosted and are sort of hanging/oozing over the wall.

--------------------

Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use a show shovel?

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used a snow shovel.

Tarcy - while you're getting rid of the pumpkin, you might want to track down the christmas decorations on your myspace [Smile]

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

That is so funny!!!

I don't know how to get them off there!!! [loco]

--------------------

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used my hands. Wrong choice!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first thought was, "Do you mean last year's or this year's?"
1. The stuffed doll, Ren that came with the classic Christmas tape episode, dressed in his santa outfit, complete with the drop back door in the butt has been sitting on the entertainment center since 2 years ago, last christmas.
2. The christmas light strand (single) that I strung up across the indoor window and my husband attached to his fake evergreen wreath...are both up, not lit.
3. Save the best for last. My Christmas tree and it's lights are still up....let me explain...
I found a pine branch that blew down in the winds before christmas, the kind with three inch long needles, stuck it in the floral foam in an M&M's christmas ceramic fireplace rectangular vase (we got flowers in last yer), yanked up some bits of our precious little lawn and stuffed it around the base so you cant se the foam. Decorations are "foamies" precut in holiday shapes with adhesive on them. Lights are a string of battery powered LED lights, alternating red and green flasnhing....yes...it is still up. I'll have to take a picture and post in on my homepage on aol. it is a pretty sorry sight.

I'm sure there are other christmas items, but they seem so normal.....now.

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicoles Mom
Member # 14408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicoles Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone commented on mine a couple years ago - IN APRIL!

I just looked around with an exagerated, confused look on my face,

then looked them dead in the eye and said,

"Chrismas decorations? What Christmas decorations??"

Posts: 93 | From Illinois / Ontario | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

...and the outside Christmas lights are STILL hanging, though hubby promises to take them down today.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement