LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I'm engaged!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm engaged!
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would share the good news with all of you.

I got engaged on Saturday night. For all you California Lymies, that means I'll be moving out west some time this fall so I can actually see him more than once a month.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. [Smile]
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aniek-

that is fabulous news! Congratulations!

When we met in DC you mentioned that CA might be the next step for you- and here it comes.

I hope you keep in touch here. No matter what, i wish you the very best, in marriage and in finding ways to bring into reality the great ideas you have about contributing to the Lyme community and beyond.

[Smile] dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aniek,

It's always so nice hearing some good news on these boards since so much of what we read is the gloom and doom.

Granted, it's a lyme board, so "gloom and doom" seem to fit, but it's still always so nice to hear some good as well. This is great news and I wish you both the very best in life.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wonderful!!!!!

You must be so excited. [Smile]

Keep us posted on when the big event is coming up.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's SOOOO wonderful!! [Smile] What great news!! [woohoo]

Don't leave us just yet, OK!!?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What great news! Congratulations. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS to the nicest person, Aniek!! [bonk] [group hug] [kiss]

Yes, you'll have to keep us informed of all the special wedding plans to add some positiveness to each of us.

Best wishes to you and future hubby to be; you coast to coast kid! anyone YOUNGER than me is a KID! consider that a complement ... lol [Wink]

also looking forward to you graduating from law school and setting up practice for chronic lyme patients!! wishful thinking on MY part! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aniek, Congratulations on finding a partner! Also it will be really nice when you can see that person more than once a month.

Moving to California! Wow, I hope it's sunny California, not hot California (fires), and beautiful countryside. Of course a view of the ocean often would be nice too.

Good luck with all your plans. Do check out this ID doc from prom? Especially if here's right there in your area? You never know he might be lyme literate and know someone lyme literate where you are moving to?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all!

Lymetoo - I won't be leaving Lymenet any time in my forseeable future.

Betty - I'm not actually planning on practicing law. I want to do policy and advocacy work in health care.

Working on increasing access to health care for all chronic diseases and I've got a dream of building a national movement of people with pain and neurological disorders like Lyme, MS, Parkinsons, ALS, etc.

Pam - it's northern California. I'm trying to convince him to move to SF and commute to his job in the burbs. I'm a city girl.

The prom date is in another state, and I doubt he's Lyme literate. But I'd love to have a candid talk with him about where he gets his info on Lyme.

--------------------

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Aniek! I did too last week! I guess some good things do happen to us lymies!!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Lisa! [Big Grin]

We will have to remind ourselves not to stress ourselves out with the wedding planning.

--------------------

stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Aniek !

-

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Lisa!!! [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you doing a big wedding Aniek? Were just going to do the court house thing. Then have a barb-b-que at our house. Simple but sweet. [Smile]

And even that is stressing me out. I'm so worried aobut being sick on that day! How are you feeling? Hope you have a beautiful day! And that you feel great! Congrats again!

And thanks Lymetoo!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Aniek!

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Lisa,

Yep, I'm doing the big wedding, but not until next Spring. My symptoms have never been so bad that they would stop me from planning a wedding. My mother jokes about me aloping, but I know she really wants to plan a wedding.

Enjoy your day. A barbecue sounds absolutely wonderful with a lot less family stress.

-Aniek

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, WHOOPIE for you and Aniek.

Either one of you set your date yet?

Aniek, I LOVED what you plan on doing with your future upon graduation!!! YOU ROCK ANIEK!

best wishes for a long, healthy, and happy wedding day and lives with new mates! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!! [woohoo]
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

***Lymetoo - I won't be leaving Lymenet any time in my forseeable future.***

Good!!!

You're welcome, Lisa!! BBQ is one of my favorite things! Do people in WI really know HOW to barbecue????

[lol] Just a "kidding" from a Texan!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back online after a computer break - congrats from a California Lymie - I think you'll like it out here!
Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aniek, I'm so happy for you! And what a neat and giving future you have planned. Northern California is awesome. You'll be my neighbor!! Best wishes!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement