LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Words to live by..............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Words to live by..............
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 6 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgment difficult.
[hi] Hypocrites

[ 03. April 2008, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: njlymemom ]

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the game,
the king and the pawn go into the same box.
[spinning smile] Italian Proverb

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOO...I like the second one!! [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....me to....I liked the second one.....

[Smile] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked them both, words to live by!
[Big Grin]
carly

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey nj....

Maybe you could change your title to something like "Wise sayings to live by" and we could all add our favorites.

You would do this by clicking on the pencil/pad icon next to the date. Then change the topic/title.

Your choice, though. I'm not trying to run your life!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that idea - and used Carly's reply.."words to live by"

Oh and by the way....if you wanted to run my life, well I could really use a break.....just kidding....being a control freak has actually kept me in the game

--------------------

cb

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, I could use a break too!! [Smile]

How about Proverbs 11:25

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 14 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is beautiful....

my words to live by for today (one child home with relapse....happened last night) are....

Suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope (Romans 5:3-4).'' [Smile]

He who does not hope to win,
has already lost.
[Cool]

there is always hope.....we have all suffered, we are enduring.....and hopefully we can bring hope to each other..... [Wink]

--------------------

cb

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by njlymemom:
Suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope (Romans 5:3-4)

OH yes! That one has spoken to me for years and years!! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for these uplifting...supportive words to live by......

[hi] mtree

--------------------

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

You don't know where you are going,
if you are always looking back.

--------------------

cb

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How about this one?

There's a lot of energy available in the anger of guilt. It's a matter of remembering to redirect it from blame to change---over and over.

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

I like that....very positive

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

--------------------

cb

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, I like the new title, njlymemom! [Wink]

I don't have anything to contribute, but I enjoy reading these words of wisdom!

Thanks
[Smile] carly

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Oh, I have sage advice to contribute.

It's somebody's "signatue line", I don't know whose.

"When given lyme, make lymeade!"

I think it's brilliant.

carly.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't!
Richard Bach

mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

......if your ship hasn't come in....swim out to it....

[Big Grin] mtree

--------------------

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
- Saint Francis of Assisi

I'm sure many of us do this everyday.... [spinning smile]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

[hi] A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.''

Oscar Wilde

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Stress is when you wake up screaming
and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. [sleepy]

Some minds are like concrete,
thoroughly mixed up and permanently set. [loco]

Funny how we demand justice for others,
but expect mercy from God [bow]

--------------------

cb

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by njlymemom:
Suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope (Romans 5:3-4)

OH yes! That one has spoken to me for years and years!! [Wink]
Actually, I have this on a plaque in my house! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Joy is that deep-down knowledge that all is well, regardless, and all shall be well, no matter what.

Emilie Barnes from A Different Kind of Miracle

Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< SweetLymers All >>>>>, These are wonderful,and I need them right now!!!

I read one yesterday about Rivers flowing to this effect:

Rivers flow,sometimes hard,falling down the waterfall,sometimes softly,sometimes thru dark deep holes and sometiems into bubbling springs.

A river never looks back it just keeps running it's course!

There was much more but I liked the tho'ts.

Whether all is calm,shadowy,bright and sunny,deep and dark...keep on flowing!

We get kinda banged up on the rocks and hardships on our pathways...but if we just keep flowing,praying and being...I think we are victorious!

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

I hope everyone made their phone/fax calls to senate and congress today.....hope and faith are necessary, but getting off you fanny works too!

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
- Elbert Hubbard [Razz]

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
- William B. Sprague
[bonk]

Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. [woohoo]

Even if you are on the right track,
you'll get run over if you just sit there [Big Grin]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

A Prayer for Hope
Dear Lord God, my heavenly Father, I beg you to grant me the gift of hope. My life is dark and full of sorrow. There seems nothing to look forward to but sadness.
Show me that life has duties and many pleasures still waiting for me. Revive within me the desire to live.
Plant hope in my heart, that despair may vanish as the dew before the sun. I know all good things come from you, and you have promised to give them to your children who try to serve you.
Let the hope of happiness in the world, come to brighten my way.
I ask this in Jesus' name.
Amen.
[group hug]

--------------------

cb

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Beautiful prayer! [---clapping hands!]

Quote:

"When we say recreation, we mean it in the lighter sense of recreation (tennis, boating, going to the movies), as well as in the deeper sense--re-creation.

What do you do to "recreate" yourself? This might include meditation, retreats (re-treats), prayer, spiritual work, rest, pilgrimages, massage, silent time--- whatever activities recharge your batteries in a deep and powerful way.

It's important to realize, however, that the endless pursuit of fun and recreation in and of themselves is not very fulfilling.

In fact, it's something of a curse. When one pursues pleasure all the time, the pursuit of pleasure becomes work---it's a job."

another quote on the subject:

"I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure."
--John D. Rockefeller, Jr.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 7 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.
-- Mark Twain

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Anyone who has never made a mistake
has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

--------------------

cb

Lymetoo
Member # 743

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Robert Frost

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kgaTX
Member # 15314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgaTX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

I know how to be brought low, and how to abound.

In ANY and EVERY circumstance I have learned THE SECRET of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me.

-Phillipians 4:11-13

I have found that it really is the secret of a joyous and complete life....the hope that comes from God.

I don't know where I would be now if I had let my situation and circumstance determine my happiness or quality of life.

Posts: 46 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got this in an email

"illness is not a sign of spiritual weakness, but of spiritual strength.

When we fall ill there are some who will say, "Why did you create that for yourself?"

They might convince you to see it as a sign of spiritual weakness or failure.It is not. It is a sign of spiritual strength.

All challenges are a sign a spiritual strength, and of the readiness of the Soul to move on; to evolve even further."

- Neal Donald Walsch

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kga and Larkspur... Those were GREAT!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Lymetoo, Larkspur and kga........thanks for adding onto this post.......I a like all of your additions...... [Smile]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

You're getting old (or have a TBD) when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster [Eek!]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

[bonk]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

oops - [confused] something happened here - this is what I meant to post:

Some minds are like concrete,
thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

mine is definitely mixed up today

--------------------

cb

Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this quote:

"I love the light for it shows me the way yet I endure the darkness because it shows me the stars"
- Og Mandino

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I love Og Mandino!!! [Smile]

Check this one out! Saw it today on a friend's perpetual calendar:

"God's joy is peace dancing.

God's peace is joy dancing."

E.E. Bruce

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

One of life's mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make you gain five pounds [lol]

He who does not hope to win,
has already lost.

Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want,
but the realization of how much you already have.
[hi]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.''

Bill Cosby

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

[Big Grin]

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

The mind is like a parachute
It only works when open.

--------------------

cb

njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Japanese Proverb

--------------------

cb

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement