LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » written my lyme story; where can i post it? need a link!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: written my lyme story; where can i post it? need a link!
Show me Lyme
Member # 9504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show me Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have finally completed a story/short book about the past several years. I am wondering if there is a site or place to post this similar to photobucket or something so that I can post a link and share my story. It is a pretty big file, 18 pages (5.3 MB). It is on microsoft word on my computer and don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BOB

Posts: 20 | From Platte City, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My story is on www.truthaboutlymedisease.com .. but it's not very long.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Bob! Good for you!!!

I can't think of anyone off hand that posts individual stories right now... but.. if I had to guess... you might check with Cheryl at www.Lymeinfo.net

I think it is "net".

She MAY (?) have a section of patient's stories? If not she may know someone who does? Very knowledgable about a lot of things.

Also... maybe Wild Condor would know? She has a good site too.

You may also want to contact Dawn (the editor) at the Public Health Alert to see if it is something they would/could use in the newspaper?

All of these are suggestions only.. not definites.

Good luck!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
electrafoggy
Member # 13805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for electrafoggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob
I think you should set up a blog and post your own story and invite others to post theirs by linking onto yours.

I'm interested in reading your story. I have mine written down but haven't posted it besides to family, friends and doctors who probably didn't read it.

foggy

Posts: 16 | From Moscow, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bob, i know; i know! [hi]

18 pages...

try wisc. author, pj langhoff's site, LYME LEAGUE; has many personal stories there but we were limited to 500 words at that time.

she did mention to me if you have an exceptional long one to let her know to see if she could handle that or not.

her 3rd book should be published soon of series of 3 books, IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD! she does ALL the work on here including S/H of distributing all books sold!! 1 busy woman in case you don't hear from her right away.

but check out her stories there...LYME LEAGUE!

http://www.sewill.org (web site)
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lyme_league/ (yahoo support group)
http://www.lymeleague.com Personal Story Board

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my story has gotten up to 30 pages now. the 20 page story is in P.J.s book.

Patient stories are very important. They teach us how different lyme is with each of us.

A patient story is what revealed to me in the beginning that I had lyme and no doctor was going to diagnosis it, so I went to a llmd.

keep writing!

the more of us that tell our stories, the less able we will be to be silenced. (does that make sense?)

mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement